Canna Banana Nut Bread and biscotti's

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by ResinRubber, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Needed a new recipe in the kitchen so decided to whip up a batch of Canna banana nut bread and biscottis. Canna banana nut bread biscotti. Try saying that one five times fast when blazed.:redbong:

Pretty simple recipe that gives a super moist, very heavy, loaf. For you heads who are good on the butter making, skip on to the recipe. If you're new to canna cooking or new to making butter read on.

The end product all rests on the canna butter. It can range from grassy to nutty to down right inedible. A couple things can help you get the cleanest tasting canna butter and still retain some of the accent cannabis brings.

1. find a good process that is simple and easy to repeat. There's dozens right here on GK and most work quite well. My preferred method is a simple water extraction. Which brings us to number....

2. Be sure ALL sediment and funky extraction water is filtered or settled out of your canna butter. Organic plant matter floating in your butter gives a foul taste.

If using a water extraction my butter is heated and separated at least three times. Try it, you'll be surprised.

3. Realize pot is part of the spice in the item you're baking. Use it, accent it. In baked goods cardamom, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla all give the grassy nutty taste of weed a nice smooth texture.

So on to the baking.

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour (remember, cannabis is a strong flavor. Use a strong flour to help balance)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 tsp ground cloves

1/8 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup canna butter

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten

2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

1/2 cup crushed walnuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and dry spices.

In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, add nuts; stir just to moisten.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out to cool.

The added benefit is slicing the bread into strips and dehydrating them in a 175F oven for biscotti's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:passsit:

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I'll have to give this recipe a go. I've got a ton of coconut oil waiting to be baked into something.

3. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Awesome.:not-worthy:

4. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Looking mighty tasty buddy

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Resin, you need to move closer. Now I'm hungry. :redbong:

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I second that! :thumbsup: