Cannabutter

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by snickelfritz, Nov 25, 2006.

1. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

To make 1/2 cup of mild sweet cannabutter, enough for one batch of 24-30 cookies.
    I use everything left from a grow. Stems, fans, sugar trim and popcorn buds all well dried, crushed, and broken into small pieces.
    3 cups of above plant material.
    3 cups water
    2 sticks of butter = 1/2 lb.

Boil water
    Add butter
    Add weed
    Stir it up
    Let boil 1 to 2 hours.
    Stir occasionally.
    When alot of the water has evaporated off but there is still some left pour it all through a strainer into a big bowl.

Then strain and squeeze the cooked weed through cheese cloth or another type strainer catching all the liquid in a tall plastic container.

When you have squeezed all the moisture you can out of the weed, you may then discard it or find another use for it.

Cover the tall plastic container and place in the freezer.

When frozen, remove the contents.

You will see the butter and the frozen sludge water have seperated.

Cut the frozen sludge away from the butter and throw it away. This contains lots of plant material and grit which many find offensive to taste and digestion.

You will see the reason for using a tall container instead of a bowl to freeze the butter in was to make seperating it from the sludge much easier.

So now you are left with one fine slab of pure cannabutter.

Keep it frozen until needed.

Then slowly thaw and use in place of oil for making cookies, brownies, whatever. If you squeezed it well you will have right around 1/2 cup.

canadian123 and JuggaloKing420 like this.
  2. Slugg

Slugg Developed Alternating Nodes

Good idea. I'm gunna have to try that (in about 4 monthes when my plants are ready). Thanks for the post.

-Slugg

3. Homemade Lovin'

Homemade Lovin' Underground Grower

I just used this method last nite and it work great!! This way was easier and cleaner than any other method I have used. Thanks!! I followed the snickelfritz method pretty much to the "T". The only change in mine was I used 6 cups of trim/leaves. I ran the same butter and water combo throught the steps 2x. I just added another cup of water and a stick of butter the 2nd time around. I will let you know how the browies turn out. We are camping for the week. Thanks for the intructions.

-HL

4. SpecialEd420

SpecialEd420 Full Flowering

quick question i have some blueberrys that went hermie , they are covered with keif so im going to make butter but there also 100000 seeds , i was just wondering if anyone had a good and easy way to seperate seeds from bud. or can i just grind up all the nug and not worry about the seeds and put the grounds in the pan. i didnt know if the seeds would make it taste bad or not. thanks

5. Homemade Lovin'

Eddie I think the seeds would make it taste kinda crappy but I have never do it. I did however try the butter I made following this thread and HOLY SHIT!!! Those browines knocked down some SERIOUS smokers including myself. I did double the amount of trim/leaves though. Either way WOW!!!

6. SpecialEd420

SpecialEd420 Full Flowering

when you say boil.. do you mean a high boil or a simmer.

7. Homemade Lovin'

Not a high temp boil just put the stove on med. Make sure you stir it ALOT you don't want anything to burn. I poured the mix into a pitcher before freezeing and it worked great easy to split the cannabutter from the watery crap. Good luck

8. Mandin75

Mandin75 Germinated

with milk

i boiled some buds in milk, it just put me to sleep

9. pot_is_good

pot_is_good Germinated

its the best

ok well i followed that recipe without all of the right measurements, lots a really good bush buds half oucne and a 150g of butter, kept it on the stove on medium for around an hour and a half. anyway just ate one of those muffins half an hour ago and got to admit, its awesome. Thanks for the recipe man.

10. Homemade Lovin'

I just used this cannabutter method again. I LOVE IT!!! this is the easiest and least amount of plant matter in the final product. Everyone I have taught to make butter I showed them your method thanks again

11. Chiefblood

Chiefblood Veggy Stage

Any specific type of butter I should buy?

Tub ? Stick? Salted? Unsalted?

12. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Most of the time Unsalted is recommended for baking

Stick butter is the easiest to measure, just cut on the line.

Tub Butter would be a royal pain unless you were using the entire tub.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen REAL butter in a tub.

You definitely want real butter.

As in everything, I recommend organic.

My Molasses Ginger Cookies turned out GREAT!

13. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Recipe 4 dizazter

6 cups trim

6 cups water

4 sticks butter

Resultz

Mr. Gardener likes this.
  14. Homemade Lovin'

I love to make this butter. I keep some on hand at all times. I have made just about everything you can think of with the butter. My favorite is to make Lemon poppyseed muuffins. They are so good and easy to make.

Gratitude likes this.
  15. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Cannabutter Brownies...

I decided brownies sounded good....Ohhhh, and are they good! Sat on the couch for 5 hours straight today( very rare here...lol).....dang lazy brownies...lol!

Here's my butter....

[​IMG]

And Finis!

[​IMG]

The plastic container made this 100x easier than usual, too...Much less messy mess than digging it out of a jar...lol:)

16. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

:eusa_doh: and i've dumped so much plant matter, no more! :fly:

17. somebobyinsomeplace

somebobyinsomeplace Veggy Stage

ok, so i've followed all the directions and now i have the frozen matter in the freezer. i have tried to separate the sludge on top but its rock hard. Does anyone know of any tricks or tools i can use for this process?

18. snickelfritz

:)

19. somebobyinsomeplace

somebobyinsomeplace Veggy Stage

thanks smart ass, but i did use a tall plastic container... Anyone??

20. snickelfritz

Smart ass? :wtf?:

You asked the question.

I was simply offering advice that may have been overlooked.

You take a serrated knife or a saw blade,etc. & cut it where the frozed green goodness meets the nasty frozen goo. How hard it that?

Strike 1 :dickhead: