Casey Jones

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by AlienBait, Aug 27, 2010.

1. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Yes, I use my Fiskars to take cuttings...
    [​IMG]

Rooting in Rockwool...
    [​IMG]

Humidity Dome made out of soda bottles...
    [​IMG]

Eleven days later, we have roots...
    [​IMG]

Time to start growing...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PharmDoc

PharmDoc Just a NORML guy

Looks good AB. I have those EXACT clippers. They're chock full of scissor hash at the moment...

3. big t double

big t double i finally changed this

"ridin my train...high on cocain......" lookin good ab. ill be waiting for updates...this casey jones strain sounds good....mostly cause i like the song.:popcorn-2:

4. bamboo

bamboo Veggy Stage

nice

Nice work with the bottles,i used to do that, works great.WHAT IS THAT U R GROWING IT ON IN?:bong-2:

5. AlienBait

Thanks for tuning in, guys. It's been a couple of years since I have done a "real" grow, so this is exciting for me.

So far, there is not much to see, but I'll try to do weekly updates. Right now I've got the RW cube in a net pot full of black Lava Rocks. I am hand-watering at this point, and will do so for a few more days.

I'll be using the RDWC system that I have used in the past and I'll give more details as we go.

6. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Looking good so far. I'm excited to see how these turn out.:popcorn-2:

7. johard59

johard59 Germinating

Hydrophonic Method

Really very nice to see your pics, i got a good idea about the hydropthonic method, but how you use the nutrition, the light sourcs.

i am not getting,

8. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Wow. So the dome does look a little bit ghetto( they are cheap man..)! but I am very impressed.

Nice, hope they get real Big. :growin:

Pce

9. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Here AB, I'll give you some drool material for your thread here too.

Casey Jones, 8 weeks done, 4 weeks to go.

I use my fiskars for clones too, I have taken 10 's of thousands of cuts with them. Matter of fact, I have to go chop about 144 clones later today. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

It's about time you started a real grow . Are you going with HPS this time.-Big fan -Bud

11. AlienBait

Thanks Useless! Hope mine turn out as good as yours.

Yup, I'll be using a 400W HPS for flowering, but 2' flo tubes for veg.

Like I said earler, I'll be giving a more details as we go along... in fact, I'll go take some pictures of my setup and post them up later today.

bncooldude13 - Yeah, my Humidity dome is ghetto, but it's free. For only two cuttings, it worked out just fine. I do have a bigger one, but didn't need it.

johard59 - I'll have more details later. Stay tuned....

12. AlienBait

O.K., since nothing interesting is happening yet and I'm waiting for the plant/roots to get fully established I thought I would give some details on how I grow.

After the roots appear, I put the plant in a net pot full of lava rocks and hand-water for the first week or so. Here it is in my Mother/Clone/seedling box:

[​IMG]

I will be using Vita-Grow 3-part nutrients. I get them in powder form because they are much cheaper that way. I just mix up what I need when I need it.

[​IMG]

Once I see some new growth on top and maybe a root or two peaking out the bottom, I will move it to my Home-made water-farm type RDWC.

13. AlienBait

Here is a quick rundown of my 2-bucket RDWC system. It is based on the WaterFarm, but I use a fountain pump instead of an air pump because the air pump is too loud.

Here is the fountain pump along with the 1/2" pvc pipes and fittings:

[​IMG]

Here are the buckets. I use a 3.5 gallon and a 5 gallon. The 5 gallon bucket is painted black to discourage algae:

[​IMG]

I drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the 3.5 gallon bucket to let the nutrient solution drain. Notice the one large hole. That is where the pvc pipe goes.

[​IMG]

Here you can see the fountain pump attached to the up-pipe:

[​IMG]

The smaller bucket sits inside the larger (black) one. The black bucket is the reservoir. This is what it looks like from the top:

[​IMG]

With the pump turned on. I put some blue food coloring in the water so you can see it better.

[​IMG]

A closer look:

[​IMG]

Hopefully in a couple of months, it will look something like this:

[​IMG]

dooobster likes this.
  14. AlienBait

Once I have the plant in the system, it will go into my Veg Box:

[​IMG]

I used a frame and panel technique with 2x2s for the frame and 1/8" plywood for the panels. It is 38.5" tall, 27" wide, and 16.5" deep (outer measurments).

Here is a quick look...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the electronics are attached to the back (except the fans). I used 2 computer fans for exhaust.

[​IMG]

The box is mounted on casters because I move it around the garage alot. I use passive intakes. The intake tubes are just 1" pvc elbows, 4 on each side:

Outside:

[​IMG]

Inside:

[​IMG]

The door in front slides up (no hinges):

[​IMG]

The inside with the lights on:

[​IMG]

I use a thermostat designed for attic fans wired up to my PC fans. When it gets hot inside, the fans kick in:

[​IMG]

The lights. Six 2-foot fluorescent tubes, a mix of cool-white and "daylight."

[​IMG]

I have a small padlock to keep out the curious (Now, if I could only find the fucking key...):

[​IMG]

15. dooobster

dooobster A Fat Sticky Bud

That is SWEEEEET! Good stuff AB, thanks for sharing that.

16. AlienBait

Son of a Bitch!!!

I have some bad news...

We had to go on a trip last week that should have only been one day. Due to some problems, it turned out to be a 4 days. When we got home I noticed that the clocks were all blinking 12:00 indicating that there was a power outage.

It must have been a long one because when I checked my plant, I found this:

[​IMG]

The temps got over 100F last week, but only for one day. That must have been the day when the power went out and my poor little plant fried.

Well, that sets me back about a month. Time to start over.

I'll be able to take another cutting in two days. I'll update this thread when there is something interesting to report.

17. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well that sucks! Nice set up. The picture with the full size plant, is that just one plant? I'm curious since most hydros seem to have plants situated close together.

18. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Pisser AB.

19. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

You still have the ghetto grow, right?

20. AlienBait

That picture is from a couple of years ago and it is a couple of plants. Behind the buckets is a small E-n-F system with 4 small plants.

Yeah... I know....

Yup, it's still going strong. One of the benifits of Soil over Hydro. Things can go bad very fast in Hydro. Perhaps I should get a Battery Back-up System....