CFL prices

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by lukesmommy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Hey GK!

Quick question... is $14- a good price for a 300w cfl?

Thanks!

-LM

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Never seen one that big,

3. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Fuck yeah that's a great deal. Sounds too good to be true though. Is it self ballasted? I think the largest I have seen was 250w. Got a link?

4. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Wow, that's huge!!!

I would say hell yes that's a good deal! Where the hell are getting that big, bugger-bear from, I want one too!!! I've never even heard of one THAT big!!!:shocked:

5. Random_user

Random_user yay, recession!

I can haz 300w cfl

But seriously got a link or sumthin?Would it run cooler than a 400w hps?:icon_scratch:

6. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Im thinking your going to find out thats an equivalent wattage. Bet even still yes thats a good price. I think I paid about $13 for my 42W CFLS (150W equiv). Peace

7. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Where do you find them EVEN that big? The biggest that I've ever come across is the 26w at Wal-Mart.

8. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

9. Relax

Relax Excommunicated

300watter, that's hella big. I searched for one earlier this morning and had found one for around 69 bux. I forgot the site though cause they said that they were sold out. It looked huge in the pick though. The site link said green in there somewhere.

10. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

I agree.

Go to Home Depot. They have 42w for $9 each. You can also get a 4 pack of 23w for $5. Best prices I have seen.

The really big CFL's just cost too much damn money.

11. Random_user

Random_user yay, recession!

Dam,I thought so

That sucks,,I was hopin it was actual watts.That is still a good price even though she had me thinkin actual.:icon_confused:

12. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Lemme take a pic of it, and you can see just how HUGE it is!

And yes, it is self- ballasted. Believe it or not, i got the last 2 of them on discount at my local hardware ma n pa store. $14 a piece- no shit!

Be right back with the pics...

Peace

-LM

13. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

pic cfl's

okie dokie, here's the pic i just took of the new 300w and a 100w, with a soda can in the pic for size comparison:

[​IMG]

isn't it HUMONGOUS?!?

Glad you all checked in and chimed in, and happy i got a good deal too! Wish they had more...

Peace

-LM

14. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

mines bigger LOL hey LM do you have prince albert in a can?

15. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

hahahaha... why yes, yes i do... guess i better let em out! HA!:laughing1: :laughing1:

Peace

-LM

16. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

anyone...

17. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Developed Alternating Nodes

im here.

what about you???

a big azz CFL would be cool, but for now ill stick with my tubes.

18. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

well thank goodness someone was here! lol...

Peace

-LM

19. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

LM what does it show as the actual wattage on that bulb? It sure is a big one. Take a look at Tripsicks Micro Medical Cab in the gallery. He has a pic of his 250W CFL in there. Peace

20. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Hey Mum, that is a great deal! And man, that's a big ass spiral CFL. Thinkin about it, I've never seen that large of a spiral CFL, it looks kinda fragile :icon_scratch:

Ok boys and girls, whip them out, the CFLs I mean, its measuring time! The one on the picture below is a 200W next to a 1.5 liter bottle, which I thought was pretty big.... I dunno, still looks kinda small compared to your giant spiral CFL...

[​IMG]