Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by hydro convert, Jun 10, 2003.

1. hydro convert

hydro convert Developed Alternating Nodes

Hey fellas, could someone offer some consultation (Useless possibly). I'm approaching a res change in the next couple of days and I bought some Fox Farm Big Grow. Presently I am using a chem solution in my hydro, and prior to that these plants were transplanted from a chem soil grow. The question now would be on whether or not I would be OK to change to the organic Fox Farm. I hate to keep changing on my babies but I want the best that I can give them. Advice?

I bought the Fox Farm to fert my organic soil grow and found out it serves double duty.

(Edited by Joint Effort at 11:47 pm on June 9, 2003)

2. THCdude

THCdude Cured Fat Sticky Bud

When I've done chemical changes like this, I've been most successful when starting the new nutes at 1/4-1/2 strength for the first week until they get used to it.

3. hydro convert

Thanks THC I'll go with the 1/4 strength advice just to be safe. It's not that my plant look bad anymore, they are really starting to look great actually. I just wish to consolidate to one fert if possible (for soil and hydro). I have too many bottles of stuff laying around and its consuming precious room of my home LOL. But its all worth it in the end, thanks again THC.

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

I completely agree with THC. Light nutes until they show signs of new growth, usually about 2-4 days. If you do have any problems, they will be evident in the first 48 hours. I always flush em real good when I change up a nute or additive. Use your Clearex. BTW, as for the Clearex, here is what I do:

Drain the nute solution from the ressy. Add in fresh water and the recommended amount of CLearex (15-30 ml per gallon) and use that for one nights worth of watering. The next day, dump the Clearex solution and fill with fresh water, PH balanced of course. Run that for one nights worth of watering. Next day dump the ressy and go with your normal nute solution.

Using the F.F. fert, go with 1/2 strength if your plants look healthy right now. They will be ok. Also, I highly recommend a bloom booster like B'Cuzz and some Dark Energy or Liquid Karma to augment the nutes. The FF will go it alone, but will notice a HUGE differenc if you add those to the ressy too. Hope that helps...good growing to you.

5. hydro convert

OK I know the B'Cuzz is for flowering, but I'm unfamiliar with the others you mentioned. Are they also for flowering? Is there anything you would recommend for supplementing during veggy?

6. Useless

You can use the Dark Energy or the Liquid Karma through out veg and flower. The are simply nutrient enhancers. I don't use anything else for veg, just the base nutrient and the D.E. or L.Q. depending on where they are going. (D.E. in the hydro, L.Q. in the organic soil)

The B'Cuzz is a bloom stimulator for flower only. Although I use it right after my clones show roots, during the first week of veg too. They love it.

7. hydro convert

I'm familiar with using the bloom enhancers in hydro. I was using KaBloom which is (almost) the chem equivilant of the B'Cuzz. I have seen the B'Cuzz at the hydro store and will pick some up before I start my flower cycle. Thanksfor taking the time and offaering your assitance, it is appreciated.

8. Useless

Anytime. Try the Dark Energy, I think you might like the results. And it's only $15 for a small bottle (which lasts a long time) so it's not much out of pocket if you don't like it.

9. hydro convert

OK I have been flushing the entire day with clearex. I have been flooding the table for about 12 hours (every hour for 15 minutes) trying to get the chems out of the rockwool. I will be draining and refilling with water before I go to bed tonight, but I dont plan for the first water cycle the run until morning (to allow for some things to dissapate) I plan to only run water until tomorrow evening in which I will drain and replace with my new ferts, sound good?

(Edited by Joint Effort at 12:09 am on June 12, 2003)

10. hydro convert

This Mazar is looking fat, the leaves are only about 1 1/2inches long by 1 inch wide. Pretty

11. THCdude

THCdude Cured Fat Sticky Bud

sounds good to me, like useful said "dark energy" is good ****, and it smells like it. :LOL:

12. Useless

J.E. is 15 mins. an hour your regular watering schedule? If not, be careful not to overdo it on the clearex solution. I found out that Clearex is mainly sugar water. Not sure how it "leaches" the salts away, but I have found that when you plop the clearex into your ressy, you should just water as normal for one night, then change to regular water. For some reason the Clearex will help give you root rot if you use it too much. Otherwise your flushing schedule looks great. Good to hear things are looking good for you JE.

THC - it does smell like ****. lol