Christmas Cookies!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Administrator, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I just spent the whole friggin day yesterday helping the woman and her mom make Christmas cookies (I was the mixer mostly). Over the course of 14 hours we baked damn near 1000 cookies! :shocked: Most will go to friends and family as gift baskets, but we do keep some of the best for ourselves to eat and freeze what we can't eat now.

Anyone else do baking this time of year?

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Been making cookies for a couple weeks now .The wife made cookies last night while I plowed snow for the state hwy.-Bud

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

No baking here. No adult female means no cookie making. Did a pile of pheasant in the smoker this week though. I give those for Christmas appetizer trays instead of cookies.

cheers,

4. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

OH YEAH!! I got a big tin of cookies from my mom about 2 weeks ago. Then about a week ago i got a HUGE tin from my gf's fam/mom. Is it just me or are the Hungarians F'n beasts at baking every cookie known to man. My mom makes like 4-6 different kinds my gf's made like 20 different kinds i was effin impressed. She's a business owner so she stays home this time of year lol. But yeah Herb it's cookie time i don't make em but i'll go to the market and get supplies or taste test LOL. Coookkkieeess and pastries yessir sure is xmas. The one thing i don't like about xmas is the cop out of buying someone a nasty assortment from Hickory Farms with the weak cheese and wannabe sausage from the mall blah! Go to the local butcher shop they got what you are really lookin for! DSP

5. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Ginger-Molasses - 100% organic, right down to my ganja butter.

I don't do icing.

I'm a 1-trick pony in the cookie dept. but you can't make less than 3 doz if your gonna do it at all.

Grat

6. Administrator

Right on people. :ebert:

I'll see if I can get pics of the ones we made. This is something we do this every year....it's a tradition they had before I joined the family that I've now adopted (un-wittingly). It's fun and all, but I can't say I look forward to it. My woman's dad is smart...he tells um right up front that he don't DO cookies. LMAO! :laughing1:

He get's out on his tractor and starts moving wood, or dirt, or something. He comes in to taste test and ask about lunch mostly. Smart man...I'm learning much from him. :thumbsup:

Me on the other hand.....I made the mistake of letting everyone know how well I can cook. Guys...you know how women can be sometimes. They just make it impossible to say 'NO!' So now I'm roped in. :suave: Besides...I'd feel bad if I didn't help. It's tough work for sure. We make like 8 different kinds I believe and if you've never seen 1000 cookies in one place at one time you're missing out. They cover an entire pool table! :shocked:

7. Administrator

Here's what's left after we split the cookies up and packaged up all our gifts. Sorry...didn't get the shot of all the cookies on the pool table. :(

There were 9 different types in all.

[​IMG]

8. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Yeppers....been making cookies every year since I was a wee one. :)

Been baking off/on the last week and almost done as we all do cookies exchanges but like you, I keep some and give away the rest.

Love the pics and it is a great way to celebrate with frds and family. :thumbsup:

9. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I'm cooking cannacanola oil right now to use in brownies that will be a present to myself.