CLONE machine "DIY"

Discussion in 'DIY' started by CCrete, Dec 18, 2010.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I been watchin A LOT of people tryin to make clone machines, some work, some dont.....I made this one about a year ago, it works GREAT!!!

The 1 thing people get frustrated by is how your success rate goes down after the first few times...soooo

After you do a clone run.....empty out your ressy, fill back up with water and throw in about a 1/4 cup of bleach to about 10 gal of water, let that run for 2 days, empty, fill with fresh, let run for a day...empty and your good to go next time!!! I get almost 100% success rate everytime

Now I have an ez cloner 30, the actual machine.........its exactly the same and i have the same results, i just got it for free so i use that now

Good luck folks!!!!

THIS IS NOT MY DESIGN...obviously

[​IMG]

ah lovely, all ready to go, are you? whether it be because you're sick of poor results or slowness or humidity domes, or because you wanna start the right way the first time, i understand your need for roots, so here is a simple step-by-step guide to building what is known as an Aero Cloner and been popularized as the expensive EZ-Cloner.

Parts List:

350GPH Danner Supreme Mag-Drive Utility Pump Model 3 (Model 5 500GPH for larger units)

35x 2inch Neoprene Insert Collars (only 50cents a pop in the 35x bag

12x Aeroponic Misters (EZ-Cloner replacement sprayers, Mister 320 etc)

1x Rubbermaid Roughneck 31gal Tub or equivalent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Schedule 40 PVC

1x 1/2" Pipe in length

1x 1/2" Female Connector

4x 1/2" Elbows

3x 1/2" Tees

TOOLS

Drill

2" Holesaw

11/32 Drill Bit (or 10/32 tap)

Glue Gun + Glue (or 2" netpots)

Composite Hacksaw (something to cut PVC)

Have you pulled these things out of your back pocket yet? Vundeba, let's begin constructing...

1. Screw the 1/2" Female PVC onto the pump output...

2. Cut PVC pipe for a length that ends up at least 6" below the top of the tub. Remember, you can always cut more off later, so don't cut too short. Clean all ends of plastic, and stick the pipe in the pump's fitting.

3. Stick 1/2" Tee on the pipe...

4. Cut 2 equal lengths to go the long distance of the tub...

5. Put the 2 last Tees on the ends...

6. Cut 4 equal length short pieces and stick in Tees after cleaned...

7. Attach the 4 elbows...

8. Measure and Cut 2 more equal length pieces to fit your rectangle, clean, and check to see how your barebones fits together...

9. Now take apart the PVC and with an 11/32 drill bit (or 10/32 tap) drill holes for the sprayers in the pipes, and screw in the misters. sealing these isn't really necessary, also your pvc should fit together tightly enough not to need sealing either.

As you can see that 18gal tub was a bit small, so i got the 31gal with plenty of space. Longer PVC, more misters, and a bigger pump and tub will allow you a bigger cloner, simple as that, design remains the same...

10. The Lid... drill the 2" holes you need. Clean the stray plastic off the holes without enlarging them, do no cut the plastic further yknow. Here you can either drop in 2" netpots, or what i had to do on some is to hot glue around the outside of the hole so the neoprene collars stuck in nicely, no netpot to fall in or for roots to get tangled in, or to buy note: experience has shown users to cut the bottom half of netpots off so roots are not damaged on removal...

Voila!

keep an eye on temps, they should be 68-78, 75F optimal. the pump keeps my temps perfect, but i suppose if it gets cold an aquarium heater would just be needed... but this...

means this...

you can see net pot or not makes no difference... and really temps are not a worry like in bubblecloning ugh... just ease here... warmer temps at the start n cooler temps after roots show is optimal, but any in the range will get ya success, and the pump should put the temp in a perfect spot!

i truly hope this saves folks the money that ez-cloners would steal from them, or makes roots possible, or both, just know that you can always do it yourself. peace n green thumbs all.

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

CC thanks, totally interested in something like this....... but.....

ALAS your pics are just little blue squares....?????

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

3. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Word Chris...I've been meaning to post pics of my diy cloning machine I made out of a black 2.5 gal bucket. I almost feel bad now when I see people building bubble cloners. I built a 15 site cloner for about $55, so they cost a little more than BC's, but they are so much easier to use, and maybe a little faster too. You have to work to keep a BC in the optimal zone, where the water is splashing right and temps good. An aero cloner STAYS in that zone, with very little maintenence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-tC

4. CCrete

FIXED!

Aaaaaand that why i also threw the link in there too

5. CCrete

Just like this guy says, the pump is what keeps everything in check, the temps are perfect IME

One huge thing that people ask and freak out about is they think this is HYDRO......i suppose it is cuz of the water but your NOT growing anything in there, i mean they are but not to full potential

NO NUTES, SUPERTHRIVE, This or that, moms special mix, grandmas fancy grow a tree sauce......NOTHING!!!!!! DO NOT PH the water!!!

Build, cut clones, plug it in......WALK AWAY!!!!!!! for like a week or so

OH YEA and put a T5 or some kinda light 24/7 over them

6. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Hey Chris this is how I did mine..Straight out of a High Times mag.

[​IMG]

7. CCrete

why did the pics get x'd out mods?

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Because we have it in for you CC. Try and post again and Joe will box your ears mothafucka!

Save them to your gallery first then post them.