clone machine

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by friendlyfarmer, Sep 3, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I'm about to barf some cash up for one of these. Any recommendations? I'm oogling the Botanicare 48 site w/ dome for $313...

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Have you checked out the clone king line.?

I have a 25 I got for 65 off ebay and have had great results with it.

317 gph pump, extra nozzles.

they make a 36 site one as well.

BBT

3. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I have the botanicare 48 and it works great

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

$313 seems high, why not DIY? Save some cash. I haven't looked at the one thou?

5. friendlyfarmer

I don't know why I am leaning towards buying a finished product. Usually I like the DIY angle but for this I just want to get it and forget it kinda. Well I want it to work too :LOL:

6. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

E Z cloners work well. I have a 30 and a 60. They work great. I just use the 30 now and it keeps me with plenty of clones and nothing but strait tap. To keep the temps down in the heat I'll put a couple plastic soda bottles of frozen water in every other day. The 30 is just over $250 online.

By the time you buy the pump and sprayers for the DIY you've almost paid for the new one. And 15 minutes out of the box and you're up and running.

Be Cool, CG

7. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I agree. To make your own ressy that wont leak is a real pain. I made 3 or 4 before i finally got it right and ya if you buy a ressy and make your own top you only save mabe 50 bucks after the pump, sprayers and making a manifold.

8. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I've built my own for $50... Worked great..... I just don't need that many clones.... I actually shipped mine to a former member and its still going strong.

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I have 2 ez cloner 30s and 1- 64 site....the two 30's have been cranking for well over 3 years, same parts on both...replace whatever collars you have every 2 months or so

but I highly rec. EZ CLONERS

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Ez cloners. :thumbs-up: "CG: The 30 is just over $250 online." I paid under $100.

11. friendlyfarmer

I ordered the botanicare 45 w/ dome. It was the only one I could find that was white (easier to clean at least for me) and had a dome. I'm using my dome less and less but part of that is because it's been like a goddamn jungle round here this summer (no AC, central or otherwise). I suspect in the dead of winter when it's 20 below outside and my humidity gauge has read 16 for weeks, I will need the dome. Hope I'm wrong. But anyway that's why I got that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I just finished reading up on the cloner you just purchased. looks like a nice one.:thumbs-up:

13. friendlyfarmer

I'll do a product review in Res's new forum! I can't wait to get it. Should be here Tuesday upcoming. I'm annoyed at how long it takes to root in rockwool unless you get the stuff just right - not too wet, not too dry. And it just looks like an easier, cleaner way to root cuts. For 7 years I've been using rockwool or rapid rooters in a cheap tray/dome. It definitely works. But those cloners look sooooo easy.

Here's the link to what I ordered

http://store.organicagardensupply.com/product/Power-Cloner-w-Dome-White

14. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah I keep forgetting about the on line deals. I bought mine from a hydro shop about 6 years ago and their mark-up is high.

But a brand new 30 for less than $100. Hook us up with the link and I'll order 2 in case I run into problems with mine.

Be Cool, CG

15. CREATIVE GARDENER

Mine cloners didn't come with domes but it wasn't hard to fashion one out of a clear plastic tote. I just had to find one that was clear on the bottom and not frosted. I think the plastic dissipated and spread out the light so I didn't get real bright spots and turn some of them yellow. Took me a while to realize the clones didn't like the light real bright.

It gets pretty cool in that room in the winter so got a small fish tank heater and made a box that fits snuggly from the solid foam insulation board. Not perfect but it's gotten me through several winters.

Be Cool, CG

16. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ive NEVER used a dome and get 5inch roots within 12-14 days

17. CREATIVE GARDENER

I wouldn't, and don't unless the temps call for it. You probably don't have to deal with a room getting down to 40 degrees or less. It's in an old ass house I own but don't live in and fully heating the thing is out of the question.

But, I agree with you. A dome shouldn't be standard equipment all the time. Mine hasn't been on since early April, only at night then, and I get better results without it. But I can't afford to come in and their little ass be shriveled up from the cold.

Be Cool, CG

18. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Res's new forum? What's that?

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Trying a rework of the public boards to make room for a products testing section. This would be a great first addition FF.

20. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Sounds badass! It would be cool to do this with new nute lines and such.