Clone Scotty Clone, or, Lights For Clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by ScottyG420, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Thanks again, I've got some ideas in the works, gonna see what I can get from work-HVAC- I have access to a lot of stuff just need the funds.

2. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Hey dudes, just thought I'd tell ya I'm doing some more clones. Got 8 this time instead of 6, and they're all off of known female moms. This is such a badass way to keep a plant strain going. I never realized how easy it was either. Thanks again Scotty and T6! :good job::passsit:Sorry about the pic being upside down, if ya click and enlarge it, it should be right side up. I thought I took it with phone right side up.

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/image.jpg.9d8cc11eefec4140b6859a807503e9f7.jpg

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Anyone wanna tell me why the roots would just fall off of a clone? I noticed roots forming on one of my plants in the cloner, and the next day they were completely gone. What causes this? I just have one more Crack Dragon clone that I need to root, and then I can turn the machine off for a while.

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Never had that happen.

5. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I would say maybe root rot issue. I just started to do any cloning so I can't really say what would cause that. Plus I do rock wool/humididome, sounds like you have an aero. Possible water quality maybe, but I'm just guessing.

6. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Water would be the only thing I could think of. I've been cycling it out, but maybe just not often enough. I've had everything else rooting within 5-7 days, so I know that something weird is at play with my aero cloner.

I changed out the water a few days ago, but the pumps could have had something in them still. I'll run some H202 through there, after I get the pump cleaned out.

7. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Check your water temp. You could be rotting the roots

t6

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

What's the ideal water temp for an aero cloner?

9. teamster6

I get great results 75 to 76 degrees and definitely nothing over 78 because of stem rot.
    t6

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

OK. I'll keep an eye on the water temps once I fire up this EZ-Cloner I have. I hope the temps stay where they need to be. I have a chiller but I would hate to hook it up just to cool this EZ-Cloner Resy.

11. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

My dome is running about 76-86 temp, with around 60-70% RH. is that high for rockwool?

12. teamster6

Raz its the pump that overheats the water. IN winter I dont have a problem against a cold wall sitting in the bottom of a bath tub but if its summer I submerge the bottom half of the cloner in cold water to hold the temp down. Works better than ice and it lasts for hours then just drain and fill cold again to hold temp. Works like a champ.
    t6

13. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Mine is in my Veg room on my Flood table that is now a drain to waste system. I can either use a chiller or add frozen bottles if temps prove to be a problem for me. The pump I'm using is smaller than the pump that comes with the EZ-Cloner so maybe temps will stay down. I have heard that the problem with the 120 is that the pump is so big that the temps get too high and rooting suffers. :passsit:

14. teamster6

I dont know how much that big one holds for water. Mine holds five gallons with a small pump and in summer the temps will rise. You can push it to 78 but your getting close to rotting the stems if your doing a hard to root strain. Fire it up and see how warm its going to get

t6

15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I know I've told you, Teamster, but I don't play with the temp. in any way. Extreme winter or extreme summer and my temps. go thru a change.

In other words... I don't believe the temps. can get too hot or too cold; just alters the time.

16. teamster6

ha yeah I know but there are several factors. Location for temp in the room is one big one. Pump size and water total are others. I see soft stems above 78 on longer rooting strains. But I hardly ever loose a cutting and usually hit 100 % so I am not changeing my ways.

t6

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Temps screw me every time with bubble cloners. Nearing 80F and high 70's get's me nothing but dead cuttings. Low 70's gives me a decent turn around.

In my dome in rockwool it's a goofy thing. Low 70's F gives a nice 7-10 day rooting at near 100%. Here's the kicker....if I have a stubborn group of cuttings a one or two day spike to 80F then back down to low 70's brings roots within another day or so.

18. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

So uh, any of you dudes got any thoughts on my dome temps and humidity? 76-86 temps 60-80% humidity, no fans, 24 hr flouro's with cool and warm bulbs 2" above dome top. I had all 6 root my first time but it took like 3-4 weeks to get the roots.

19. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Hey y'all, thought I'd tell ya's. I was checking my clones earlier and it looks like all 8 are rooting, one even has roots coming out of the cube! It's only been 6 days, I guess my high temps and humidity actually worked in my favor for once. I didn't do any misting this time either. All I've done was filled the bottom of the dome tray once with ph'ed water with a lil super thrive in it. So, I now have 8 more supposed WW and NL, not sure if I should go outdoor with them or keep as moms and see what the outdoor ones I have do before making a decision. GOD I LOVE THIS SHIT!!

20. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Yep, roots

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_05/image.jpg.b2850ce8adc1f08ecfa15835d4bfc273.jpg