Clone Scotty Clone, or, Lights For Clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by ScottyG420, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

MAn, look at how nice and perfect his nails are, your so proper Scotty:bravo:

3. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Scotty I guess you are useing 2 inch baskets. Their probably not gonna work. Either that or the knockouts are too large.

Any ways I measured all mine.

Hole in cloner is 1 3/4 inch diameter

Netpot is just shy of 1 3/4 diameter

Neoprene disk is 1 5/8 diameter

plummers knockout small end that goes down is 1 1/2 inch

Id just run em looks like you will either have to replace the disks after they shrink over time.

If not convert to the smaller size nets and make ya another lid. I think I would do a lid on the side as it makes the neoprene disks last a hell of a lot longer especially if your doing a lot of cloneing.

t6

4. ScottyG420

As for the cloner holes I drilled. I found a 2" bit and bought that. Not a big selection to choose from as far as hardware/supply stores go. My hydroshop only has 2" netpots and 2" neoprene. And the knock out are 2", so bigger than the ones you're using.

I'll go forth with another batch cuz I have to get clones going right away since the last batch tanked so badly. How do "make a lid on the side"?

Thanks again. I'''be back with pics.

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Scotty just buy another lid for that bucket and redrill the holes to a smaller size. The have the sizes of net pots, Neoprene inserts ect on ebay and also I believe at greentree hydroponics. Which is where I get all my stuff.

t6

6. ScottyG420

I did buy another lid in case I needed to make another one. I'll make these physical upgrades by ordering the stuff and using the items as they arrive. I'm gonna have to roll with what I got the now. There are still plenty of othe things I'm doing differently...light...temp...precise cutting....using a bit of hormone to avaoid airbubbles.

7. ScottyG420

OK ?Here we go. I wish trh epics werent so fucking big. .

A quick view of the downstairs work room:

[​IMG]

The proverbial stairway to heaven:

[​IMG]

The donors:

[​IMG]

Examples of the cuttings I took and where I cut the stem from the plant. The pen is pointing to a node with adjoining branch. That is where I cut it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here is the first cutting. I have a big saucer of water to the right of the picture. I hold the cuttings in there when I'm cutting leaves off the main stem and when I make the final cut at the bottom of the stem. Always 45 degree angle cut.

[​IMG]

cutting off excess

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A quick dip in Clonex

[​IMG]

Into the 2" neoprene disc

[​IMG]

Into the net pot with the netting removed.

[​IMG]

Into the cloner she goes. Snug fit.

[​IMG]

Anmother cutting

[​IMG]

Into the neoprene

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3rd cutting

[​IMG]

Another one

[​IMG]

Another cutting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cutting in the netpot and snug in the lid.

[​IMG]

Populating the lid:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full House.

[​IMG]

Home

[​IMG]

15" was the highest I could get the light.

[​IMG]

That vent is not connected to the heating system, so no heat enters the room through that vent.

Thanks for taking a look!

8. ScottyG420

9. ScottyG420

Leaves beginning to wilt on some of the cuttings. Water temp has been steady at 74 degrees. So far none of the cuttings are showing any signs of roots. :wtf?:

Goddamnb I suck. Im fucking worthless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Strive To Persevere!

You'll get it.

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Well looks like you have some that are going to make it. Now remember you have to have a healthy good looking cut at the start when you do this. I think you will get some off this batch you need to hone your cut taking and it will get easy. Actually thats not a bad loss because some of the cuts at the start didnt look to spiffy.

t6

12. ScottyG420

Better than nothing. I really only need 4 to make it. My growing capacity is only about 10 plants at a time. I'm harvesting every few weeks, so I have been able to keep a rotation going somewhat successfully. These are Master Kush plants btw.

Thanks lads.

By chance could I just pull those wilted ones and replace them with fresh cuttings while the others stay put?

13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Just add them in and keep going thats what I do. Every time I prune I add a few and when they root if I dont need em I throw them out.

t6

14. ScottyG420

Right on. Thanks kind sir. :not-worthy:

15. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

try bring the temp of the bucket water a couple of degrees. How many days now have they been in the cloner?

t6

16. ScottyG420

Been in the cloner 5.5 days now. What would be the best way to warm it up? Just turn the heat on in that room? It's got baseboard heating, so it should bring the temp up slowly enough that I can control it. :thumbsup:

17. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Raise the water temp in the bucket by slowly raising the room temp and checking every couple of hours until the temp hits 76 to 77.

Your not going to see much root action till about 8 to nine days if conditions are right and some strains more.

t6

18. ScottyG420

Cool daddy-o :jj:

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I took these cuttings almost 2 wks ago and they're about ready to transplant

(I really need to cut-off the nets one of these days, but I've been lazy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ScottyG420

Those look great Astro! Congrats on your cloning prowess. :good job: