Clone Scotty Clone, or, Lights For Clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by ScottyG420, Jan 13, 2012.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

not since like '92

why?

I just think your a fuckin sex machine..........excuuuuuse me:pimp:

2. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

That I am! Just ask the wife! :bj::dognana::lol1:

Seriously tho, Can I get your opinion on how my bud is looking? Critiques, comments, pointers all welcome.

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Those buds look good to me. Not trimmed well enough for my liking but they look well formed and thick. Lots of frosty trichome coverage. All around it looks like good smoke to me. :good job: How's the density of the buds? My Master Kush doesn't get that long of colas on it. More rounded little chunky buds, and mine isn't super dense. It's dense, but not rock hard dense.

ScottyG420 likes this.
  4. ScottyG420

Hi Ras! Thanks for taking a look. My colas don't get very long, but they are usually very thick and pretty big in circumference. I get some that I cant wrap my hand all the way around, even after trimming. They get tight and dense enough that I have to check for mold regularly that might form deep inside the bud.

I don't trim it really really closely b/c I don't want to cut off too much of the leaves that have lotta trichs.

Thanks again bro!

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Id be smokin on those puppys even before they are dry!!!

t6

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Nice looking buds Scotty-Bud

ScottyG420 likes this.
  7. ScottyG420

Thanks for stopping by guys!! Much appreciated! :coool:

Essentially, you're the folks who taught me how to do it AND grow buds like this.

My gratitude runs deep.

8. ScottyG420

New Run

Hey gang. I'm doing another run. This time I'm using spring water and not my softened tap water. Took all other precautions as last time. Let's see how this shakes out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another shot of what they'll grow up to be. Master Kush.

Nice 'n frosty!

[​IMG]

9. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

all right your getting right after it they look better than the last ones

good luck

t6

10. ScottyG420

Yeah man I was comparing pics of the last cuttings and I think I did a lot better in selecting them than last time. Thanks for having a look!:thumbs-up:

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

my personel opinion is that you need to take more manly/meaty cuttings......I try and take the tops in my situation, it does a few things........help the under growth explode from said mom/plant ......and......it supplies enough energy for the clone to battle to live and produce roots more efficently

Now those are things that I do for my EZ cloner brand machine......not sure if the same applies to your thingthing

And that nug looks bomb!

12. ScottyG420

Thanks dude. Coming from you that means something.

:passsit:

EDIT: It's been 24hrs since I set up this new run and the cuttings are standing up perky and lovely. They look good right now. Better than yesterday when I put them in the cloner.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012
  13. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

t6

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Seconded. :thumbsup:

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Mmmmm.... I love Master Kush! :good job: Scotty. That bud looks excellent. Enjoy. :redbong::jj:

16. ScottyG420

Thanks guys!! I appreciate your encouragement. It gets me through the frustrating times that we growers sometimes run into.

joints all around!!

:passsit: :jj::jmorph::jmorph:

17. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Yeah, well that bud looks like SHIT!!! I think you should send me a bag so I could check it out closely and see where you went wrong. Maybe even 2 bags just to be sure my testing is correct.

Nice job on the new clones. Do you use a dome? I usually cover mine with a dome for the first couple days and give them a mist or 2 a day while under the dome.

18. ScottyG420

With the aero-cloner I use there is no need for a dome. Before I started with the aerocloning, I used to clone in rapidrooter pellets, rockwool cubes, jiffy pellets..all of those required a dome and closely regulated humidity. I learned the hard way that they have to be weaned off the dome. I actually had clones root, and then I took then out of the dome and into soil (I was growing in soil at the time). Like an hour later, the clone would be just wilted and withered and dead. I posted those probs on GK and thats when I found out that I you have to wean them off the dome. That's a big advantage for me with the aerocloner..no dome.

Thanks dude for stopping by! :thumbs-up:

19. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

Phenomenal looking buds there Scotty! :bravo::good job:Really great work!

I'm so anxious to get my clones in action , I have to wait until my room is finished though :popcorn-2:, but right now I'm as dry as a 400 yr old vagina :wtf?: lol been surfing on roaches lol :roffl::bong-2:

Quick question for you, do you do rough 2 weeks in the cloner and one week veg before you shove those girls to the wolves? Lol :passsit:

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

If you mean switch to flowering, then yes, you could, as it's a 'mature' plant from the start. You won't get much from a girl that's only a few inches tall, though.