cloner again

Discussion in 'DIY' started by blah blah boy, Oct 3, 2009.

1. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I know this has been talked about to death but I am re killing it. :smile:

I don't know who made a clear container bubble cloner but I am trying to duplicate it. Although what I want to build is a small bubble cloner that is stealthy with it's own light, so it can be tucked away from sight and brought out only when playing with it. any ideas?

I am going to get the stuff today for the same design as the Carpenters bubbler; bubble strips and totes. One for top and bottom.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Hey it was me and carpenter who did the diy bubble cloner......I got mine working right now as a matter of fact.......I actually built two of them, so One is ALWAYS clean if things get too dirty in the other one, both are identical..........

I got a tupperware container from walmart, one that has a flat lid on it so you can cut holes in the lid. I use the round neoprene disks with the slices in them for my cuttings, you can use a kneeling pad and cut em yourself if you cant get the actual cloner disks, I had to cut mine down a bit to make em fit. I then went over to the aquarium section and got a 9-10inch bubble strip, they're blue if that helps and I also got (2) 5-6inch ones too to go alone side of the 9-10inch one. I then got 2 of the biggest pumps they had, they were like 60gal pumps I think, you can also get em at a pet store too, petsmart etc....Then I got some hose line, then I drilled some small holes to get the line thru on the container.

Ok I tried to get the bubble strips to stay in one spot with silacone and glue and all kinds of crap, it didnt work for that long, it DID work but it didnt last long and doesnt really matter anyhow, as long as we got bubbles its COOOOOOOOL!!!! LOL.........

I'll post some pics in a hour or 2 when my bitches wake up! good luck bro, its wayyyyyy easy

3. blah blah boy

OK I built the bubble cloner and it is bubbling.

How long does it take till roots? and does the water need to be touching the wick? How far of a distance between wick and water?

I got no wilting after 1 week but the sicks have turned a bit darker color. I don't want to loose these. I got some White Sour Diesel in there. :shocked:

Thanks

4. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Umm a bubble cloner doesnt have a wick? Are you talking about what you use to hold the cutting in place? Generally you keep the stem within about a 1/4 - 1/2" from the water surface. The bubbles popping keeps the stem wet. Rooting time depends on alot, were they taken from veg or flower? Rrooting can take anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks or more, generally 7-14 days. Peace

5. blah blah boy

All veg.

I got them about a 1/4-1/2 so thats good. I'll give it another week and check it.

YA the wick.......I mean stem:wink: my bad

6. CCrete

I meant to upload these the other day Blahblah..........I've tried both ways of keeping the stems suspended and keeping them submerged........and to be honest with the little nerdy bubble cloner I made, I SUBMERGE the stems about an inch or so and I get roots in 7-10days with 100% success, I also use a little bit of HYDRO NUTES in my cloner instead of a hormone.........I've been doing it this way for about 6 months now, ZERO issues.........good luck bro

I also still use rapid rooters too, the strains I keep dont ALL like the bubbler.......some like the rooters instead, who knows...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. blah blah boy

Chriscrete what did you use to hold the bubble strip down? I tried PL but it did not adhere to the plastic.

Did you just use silcone? If so what brand?

Thanks

By the way that looks just like mine now so I know I just got to sit and be patient. It's been 8 days now and nothing. The stem is soaked like yours and has no discolor or wilting on the leaves.

I got a top though, I notice you don't....so is that a problem for me or?

8. blah blah boy

Little worried:icon_confused:

Got nothing after 11 days.

Still under 4' shop lights and right above the bubbles.

Man! WTF???? Am I ever going to be able to clone.

9. morel

morel Guest

you need to block the light from getting to the rooting area, wrap some thing around the tubs to block out the light. New roots dont like light.

10. blah blah boy

I'll try. Thanks

11. morel

morel Guest

Your cuttings look healthy, try giving them some b1, it will help with the roots.

12. blah blah boy

What is the temp suppose to be when cloning?

And the light/bubbles, 24/7?

JUst trying to eliminate things that might be problems.

13. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Light and bubbles should be 24/7. I think a temp right around 70 should be ideal. Peace

14. CCrete

I tried getting the strips to stick and had no luck, so I took a section of the air hose and ran it through all 3 strips, theres a little space between the base and air strip........then connected it to itself.......it keeps it rigid and all 3 semi connected and enough weight to hold them all down

15. blah blah boy

Do I have to start over on days counted for rooting? Since I recut the healed ends will it take another 7-14?

16. morel

morel Guest

Could be longer or could be shorter.

17. blah blah boy

Little update of my recut stems.

They have been in a light free from foliage down. I am starting to see little white bumps all over the stems. Is this a good sign?

It's been 5 days since the recut.

18. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Yep. Thats what you see just before they start throwing out roots. Peace

19. blah blah boy

Thank Fucken God!!!

I was just about to give up and relize that I am not ever going to clone.

So, what are the factors to speed up the process next time?

What is needed to make roots faster?

I also went from the 4' shop lights on top to 1 100watt cfl. directly above. The leaves are a little lime green now at the top.

20. CCrete

Theres no way of getting roots faster than 5-10 days, thats about the normal........and your going to want to get a little hydro nute too, to help keep em fed and healthy.......change the water every 5,6 days too, keep it clean and fresh and it will treat you right!!!! Good luck!