crossing strains

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by nippie, Sep 14, 2014.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

so whos ever done it.

Got a LB male, and he's a stud that I am want to cross with Blue Widow......whats my best option if doing it on tables that I don't want to pollenate the room?

Was going to brown bag it, but I'm all ears because I usually just get seeds straight from the breeders, but this male is worthy of keeping and I love BW

Any pointers so I dont flood my garden with seeds

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Just keep it separate and as soon as you see one of the balls pop you can take all the balls of equal size and pop them into a container, then take anything fluffy and get some pollen on it and rub it on a lower small bud and you should get beaners. Do this with the fan off so you dont blow pollen off of your fluffy applicator and save the pollen so if it dosnt work you can do it again, dont remember how to store it, it was either freezer or just in a sealed dry cool container.

3. nippie

I got balls dropping, already seperated so I dont poll every thing, sux my last LB seed was a guy, but I'm making the best of it because it's a stud, nice structure etc.

how long in flower do I wait to spread the sprem??

4. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

As soon as you have a decent amount of pistols showing, i would guess 3 to 4 weeks in.

5. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

:dog-nana: go get em tiger

6. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I've done it. Obviously separate the male. Collect the pollen on a piece of copy paper folded in half so you have a crease in it. Turn off all air movement in flower room and dust a lower branch with q-tip or paintbrush, carefully obviously. Spray all buds immediately surrounding with water after, but not the pollinated branch. After a couple days, once pistils brown, spray that branch with water to kill off all spare pollen. You can tell once the pistils have taken the pollen.

7. JuggaloKing420

Timing is strain dependent. If you're working with a quick plant, 3 weeks in right after stretch. A longer running plant about 6-7 weeks before harvest.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Put him in a closet. A big cfl will do. When he sheds pollen simply collect it on a paper plate by shaking the branches. You can put construction paper around the base and catch shit loads.

Pile the pollen and mix it with rice flour. You can go a lot of flour into the mix. 3/1 flour to pollen is what I've tried for storage and it did pretty well. Then use a soft brush and pollinate the buds you want to seed. Make sure you turn off air flow.

A couple days later rinse the entire garden with a mister to kill off any stray pollen.

If you want to save the pollen for later put it in a sealed jar on a dark cupboard shelf. Should keep for quite awhile.

..........ya beat me to it Jug. :passit:

9. nippie

got him in a window right now. he's got balls galore but not spilling his seed so to speak yet.

I have a few tables, most late in flower, but one not quit a week. Trying to figure out the perfect time to do this so it actually takes with viable seeds. should be an interesting cross if I can bring the lemon out of the LB and the structure and looks of the BW

10. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Anything every come of this Nip?

11. nippie

yes, waiting for the pix to back up and i will post.

I'm actually chop one tonight that i wish i would have cloned but didn't have room at the time.

Most actually leaned BW, except this one went 11.5....and it looks great and smells heavenly and is heavy, real heavy. under leds and just some big fat dense nugs. ill get pictures up later or tomorrow.

Jugs had something going or did i believe.

Actually have Herijuana, KF, and more LB pollen so im sure i will be messing around soon. Its actually kind of fun, but then again a fruitless effort. I know i got it somewhere on here, but it was close to 100 seeds i got just from one branch being prego. I actually have some vacuum packed in my bug out bag..cuz gonna need some smoke if zombies are around you know :D

edit..adding picture. and to clearify. fruitless as i you get so many beans it's impossible to grow all them out to find what youre looking for unless you have a very large space...not that it's gong to stop me :rofl:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  12. JuggaloKing420

Still running her. Fixing to bring a table fullish down in a week or 2. Still dialing her in but here she is. Not sure which way she leans, but the wife loves it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. nippie

how does she smell? and are her buds leafy? The bw was a little on the leafier side with broad leaves, haven't a lemon berry female in a few years...damn you useless

I know i have pictures of both somewhere here or there i will try to find them

but ive see the range of them being ready varies widely, like 8.5-9ish to 11.5

14. JuggaloKing420

Kind of fruity menthol and the buds are leafy, but they look good once manicured.

15. nippie

Nice indica structure on the plant?

16. JuggaloKing420

Short and squat. Slow vegger.

17. nippie

Prob more bw leaning, don't know why most went that way our that just what's been popped so far.

Is she producing? I really wish I would have kept this pheno but I haven't had any terrible ones lately. I hoping this one is so satty dom smoke for christmas since it went damn near 12 which it prob could

18. JuggaloKing420

Looks like it, but the table wasn't filled right and she's not dialed in by any means. I think once that's taken care of, she could put on some heavy buds.

19. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

This is something I'd really like to get into, I've read juggalos thread on crossing but it was so high falutin big worded my eyeballs crossed. I have an idea to mix white widow, romulan, and maybe Alaskan thunderfuck. I'm not sure how to start though. Which one for male and female...which ones crossed together first....or just try it all ways till I find a winner? Kinda curious how to replicate the phenotype I like also...gotta look for juggs thread again....I'm lost with this new look lol