Did anyone get the number off that bus?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Well, fuck, I was just able to log in here thru my phone whis was surprising since its wifi has not been working since sun night.

Storm.was bad, it bounced around and wacked us good,, tornado sirens went off 15 times, 4 twisters at the same time spotted before it got dark 2 miles from my house, at night you couldnt see shit till you heard it a block away and then wham shit tossing every where, the back of my roof is gone and part of side and some other parts are gone. Its hard to describe, still no power since sunday night. I am tired, beat and sore, beat up but not broken. Got some funny stories but I am glad to just sit here and, well I got know Idea what the hell I am doing, I know I am not chainsawing three trees that showed up in my back yard till this weekend.

My few plants are still in the dark, hopefull power by sunday.

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Is your Generator working ?

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Sounds like a fuck-all mess.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Glad to hear youre ok, plants can deal with darkness for a solid week without issues, just watch the heat.

You home fair the storm well? interior that is, insurance inspectors would put a damper on your grow i would think

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  5. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got hit right in the balls! Roof gone? Holy fucking shit

6. Justcheckingitout

Yeah, its a huge mess, but house is liveable, generator worked like a charm but couldnt run power to plant lights, i didnt want to chance using the back feed plug that blew up my genorator last hurricain the year before, I got power today and lights on, looks like NY might get next storm. This shit will want to make you move back north. I am so beat up. But i did get roof temp fixed so it wont leak, main water dammage was to back porch which is framed in back, so its not a major have to move deal, insurance guy wont be her for a few days and attic access is clear of garage grow signs, since I moved the few plants I had inside. It will all be good but its going to be costley above what its alteady been just getting prepaired. Finding gas was the worst part for the gen, I had 3 days worth and it was dry. I am going solar, screw this gas shit.

7. nippie

i glad it's not terribly bad, i'm sure it's not good either, even the little things take time out of your day and prob pain in the ass.

hopefully the insurance pays quick so you can get roof and repairs.

if you got natural gas, check out the whole house generators. we were going to buy one but maybe moving soon and dont want to spend the cash on a place we aren't staying

8. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

That's one big plus to having a relatively small operation. If I had to break down to a point where I could pass an inspection it would take forever and be basically irreversible. If my hot house got hurricane hit, I'd be all done. Or if a tree fall on it. Etc.

Glad to see my mojo don't work for shit. I sent it all your way and you still lost the roof.

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Glad to hear that you made it through.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Sounds like a bitch to me. Thinking I'd be happy just to breathe again after things quieted down.

11. Justcheckingitout

I really appreacate all the mojo/good vibes sent my way. Def helped out, a few more to make sure this next storm maria dont hit us. I dont think it will but you can never tell till its up your ass allready. I think i am going to do a extrs dwc tote each 2 months of fower and use the cash to get a new roof next year if the insurance wont fix this one. I am going to get a buddy to help me with a sub pannel and will frame in a flower spot with a hps 600w with leds around it, might as well use all my gear and use flows clone staters. I got the window unit I can blow exaust air out side thru a false dryer exaust in the bkock wall. I am still beat to hell with this storm, cutting trees and brush, dam snakes and shit.

nippie likes this.
  12. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

New and improved on the way. Cool. I fucking hate snakes.

nippie likes this.
  13. nippie

Get estimates so you get paid for insuramce and have some friends over to help redo roof and keep the cash

Glad to hear its going to be ok if not better

14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I did that a couple of years ago when the pipes burst. Did the work myself and pocketed a little over 10k.

Lvstickybud likes this.