Did someone say mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Boa, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Dammit I get tempted again! Once I get my RWDC system up and dialed in I need to get into getting some shrooms running

2. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Here's a few pics of my first harvest of Ecuador. I'm going to dry them, and give them one more chance for a good trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have a shit-ton of Cambodians by next weekend. I wish weed would grow as fast as shrooms. You can visually see growth over just a few hours. It's really pretty cool to watch them grow.

-tC

rasganjah and Cannagirl like this.
  3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Man I have been following this thread a little and it really makes me wanna grow some shrooms! but we can't get the spores in Cali..... So lame! You can get shroom spores in states where there isn't even a MMJ law but in Cali, the most progressive MJ state you can't get shroom spores. WTF?:affro:

4. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

I already pretty much have it set up perpetual now. I've harvested 10+ (dried) grams each weekend for 2 weeks in a row now, and with what I have pinning now, I think I can double that for next weekend. I showed up at a friends party with 14 (dried) grams....it was one hell of a party. Took them at 9 and didn't come down until 6 the next morning.

Here's one of my casings pinning pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't get over how easy they are to grow. As long as you follow good aseptic techniques, they just about grow themselves. Building a glove box was a must though, I haven't had one bit of contamination since I made it. Even doing 20+ grain-to-grain transfers and 3 quarts of liquid culture.

:shroom:

-tC

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Lookin' Good :thumbs-up:

6. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Here's a pic of HALF of the first flush off the casing pictured above. Should be good for a half oz. dry, at least a full O from the whole flush. These were by far the biggest, the longest one being 8 1/2".

[​IMG]

-tC

7. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Well dam looks like we have another Mycolgist here huh?!? Lookin damn good TC but that yellow worries me a tiny tiny bit. IMO id make sure u keep the humidity a little highter and i can almost 100% garentee ull pull more weight outta them lil babies. See when humidity is lower like in the 75%-85% range the mushies tend to yellow like that and grow a little slower and shorter and have a more woody like stem, but when the humidity is say in the 95%-99% range the mushies will be pure white and have a nice soft stem that will bruze with the slightest touch. Just my $0.02 boss hope it helps a tad. Dont know if u mentioned it but what strain is that there? Deff. lookin really good tho my man keep it up. Where did u learn all ur stuff at? I was at shroomtalk.com for a while then moved over to myguys site called Intensevisuals.com. I also hang out at the Shroomery.com here and there but that site is as crazy as ICmag.

TheCarpenter likes this.
  8. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I so need to get into this hobby too. :drooling:

:notworthy::notworthy:

9. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

Hell yeah Boa, I was wondering when you were gonna weigh in on my mycology attempts. I wasn't exactly sure just how much I wanted to dive into this hobby, so I've just been using a Shotgun FC for now. I've had a little trouble keeping the humidity up, and I'm ready to upgrade. I'm still trying to decide where to go from here though. I've been thinking about building a "Martha" and using it for fruiting, but I've also been contemplating monotubs.

The strain in the pics is Ecuador. I ended up with 2 zips dry off that casing. I had one bad trip from them, that I found out later was most likely caused by food poisoning from a diner that has since made me sick. I was afraid to try them again, but one of my friends decided to give them a chance and LOVED them.Now they're everybody's favorite. Between 4 of us, we went through an OUNCE of dried ECU's last saturday night! We all took 3 grams to start with, and all had fng great trips, and then when we started to come down we made a big ass batch of shroom tea with the rest and watched Willy Wonka and the Choc. Factory (horrible movie to watch while tripping.) I didn't think we would ever come down.

So far I havn't joined any sites, just perused shroomery long enough to find a rye tech that I liked and I've been going strong ever since. I don't know why people even waste their time with the PF tek, Rye blows that shit out of the water. The pics above were from a casing that had 3 quarts colonized rye and 3 quarts of coco/verm. I got 2 ounces from 3 quarts of rye...is that a respectable yeild? I don't really have anything to compare it to. Thanks for the info Boa, hope things are going better for you. Any other input is greatly appreciated.

-tC

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Man dont change what ur doin now, just use the famouse phrase "KISS it" Keep It Stupid Simple (there is a shit load of ways to say it lol) but yeah man id just keep doin what ur doin but add a lil more moisture by misting every few days. But yeah man ur having great results so keep doin what ur doin. I always used rye and just tried to change things up a while ago and things went down hill for me big time. Now im back to doin the easy way and producing some beautiful fruits.

By the way things are looking ok for me, Should be livin in Colorado within the next year or so....