disco time

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by nippie, Jun 30, 2017.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

these hopefully girls have been a little neglected only getting water for past 10 days or so since i've been out of town but they are ready to be topped and sexed

out of the beans so far, i went with 6 to start, all six popped in 36 hours.

these girls are about 2 months old from paper towel at this point, they are screaming for food and sex

still they have a nice healthy look, even the leaves the kitties have trimmed. a bit lanky, but to be expected right now, once topped and get a better position under the lights they should be rocking as all have nice thick stalks

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Looking beautiful, Nippie! I'm excited to see these plants grow!

nippie likes this.
  3. nippie

yea, i can't wait to see what these do and thank you for the confidence.

This first grow of them should have a learning curve, I may not go crazy with nutes until i see how she acts. They haven't been fed really in a while because we didn't want the plant sitter messing up bloom and veg nutes so just told them to hit everything with RO water. I can see some of my heavy feeders looked starved, but these girls are still smiling so I'm not going to go heavy.

plan is to clone tonight, then give the moms a week or so then sex.

bigbudztoo and Discorilla like this.
  4. Discorilla

I think they may be light to medium on the feeds. I haven't had to feed the Sativas as much. I know Super Silver Haze only likes when I feed her once or twice in flower. Nectar is kind of a hammer and I've found that Sativas can be finicky if fed too hard sometimes, so I have been trying the minimalist approach with them and finding good results. The pheno of Disco Time that I have running in veg hasn't had to be fed much. This could change when I transplant into an 18 gallon tote and let her grow out under a MH, though.

I've enjoyed seeing your photos of plants in the past, so your work speaks for itself.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    nippie likes this.
  5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Make the local son proud Nip.

Discorilla and nippie like this.
  6. nippie

all clones, now the debate on sexing, do i let parents go for a couple more weeks so they are of decent size when i flower...or do i sex and concentrate on the clones and making them happy.

part of me wants to run like i normally do and sex but that would push back a real run by about 2 months but with known females, the other side of me wants to see what kind of smoke these people put out and flowering parents in a couple of weeks while clones veg

7. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

My curiosity would get the better of me and flower them out. You have clones.

nippie likes this.
  8. Discorilla

I flower the plant out the first time I run it, but I wait to flower until I can see pre-flowers. I take cuts of all the phenos to let them veg out again, and hack down the ones I don't want after trying the flowers or watching them grow.

You could also take multiple cuts while the plants are still vegging and sex cuts. I would take multiple cuts of each so that you could throw the bigger plants in flower once sex is determined without having to take more cuts.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    nippie likes this.
  9. nippie

What im leaning towards myself, prob wait til friday and flip the switch and see we are playing with

Discorilla and bigbudztoo like this.
  10. nippie

2 confirmed girls still waiting om others, pics up soon

Discorilla likes this.
  11. Discorilla

I'm putting my girl into a 5 gallon later tonight! It's going to be fun seeing what comes from this!

12. nippie

bigbudztoo and Discorilla like this.