Does holding it in make a difference

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by talltrees, Dec 19, 2006.

1. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

I've heard from some people it does others tell me it doesn't matter.

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well there it does and doesn't, there is a limit to the amount of substances that can diffuse accross your lungs surface per inhalation. So holding it in could insure that more or the maximum is loaded into the body or better yet inhaling/exhaling and reinhaling the air instead would allow you to make more benifit from the THC in the smoke yet also at the same time drop blood oxygen levels even more by pulling back in the previously exhaled CO2. Both ways however are just possibly giving you more of a feeling of light headed ness due to the lower levels of oxygen similar to what happens before your pass out. so to say holding it in gets you higher could be true to some marginal extent but more than likely just holding it in for a few seconds then releasing is probably the way to go though.

3. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I don't hold it in for more than about 3-5 seconds and I get stoned outta my mind every time. I don't think it matters either way as I have experimented with both methods and know that it don't matter .. for me.

4. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

I agree....I have tried both and makes NO difference except I cough up a lung if I hold it in toooo long. :5masked: I get just as high from only holding it in a few seconds. ;)

Peace~Jersey :animbong:

5. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

I've read that the optimum time to maximize THC absorption to hold a hit in is for about 20-25 seconds.

6. 420

420 KING

I like to taste the smoke so I hardly hold it in, I just inhale, exhale, follow the munchie trail:laughing5:

7. 420

420 KING

8. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

if i get a super heavy milky white hit and i just don't wanna waste it so soon i exhale some and inhale some regular air, then repeat once or twice. logically i would think it would mean i am getting more thc but i really dunno i guess.

9. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

As long as you hold it in for like 3 seconds, your bound to get high. But if you have primo bud, and wanna get fucked up, i was taught to hold it in, and personally, i can feel the difference. I can get high, by smoking it like a cig, or cigar, but i get high as a kite when i hold it in. thats my personal experience.

NEG

10. HerLoss

HerLoss Germinated

If you're not in any hurry to get it done, I can't see any reason NOT to hold it in.

11. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I like to let it sit in my lungs while I savor the flavor. :smoke2:

Why waste a good thing?

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

GK world record toke holder?Any contenders?Titles Vacant..last guy held2long!RIP

yeah iv always held it till i cant no more...let all that THC soak into your lung tissue.What if you cough?Even better cos your throat lungs open up these things that aint normally open and you get more stoned.I really really hate it when you pass someone a spliff of some high grade shit and they smoke like a fag...they are exhaling before they even done inhaling!Friggin waste man!Ya goota hold it in...sure you will still get stoned if you dont hold it in as much as i do... but will you get AS stoned as me?

I doubt it..... cos i see dead ppl:laughing5: Seriously 'hold it in to get done in' as we say round our way.... we have competitions n shit to see who holds a bong the longest and the winner wins...another bong for free of course!Shit man i can hardly breathe sometimes n i still hold that shit in...face goin blue n all that.

Yeah when i die that sure is one thing they aint never gonna be able to accuse me off!They'll say "remember that guy the apprentice?"..."he sure did hold his weed.I heard he held his weed for a full post one time".........:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: yeah im stoned! ha ha peace y'all:punk:

PS: lets see if we can create our own GK holding record..no0 bullshitters now! I'll post my results.....where the hells that frigin inhaler?