Done with qwiso

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Grown in Tx., Apr 18, 2011.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I tried again for the third time yesterday, trimmings were dry, I froze everything, used 91% iso, shook it for 45 seconds, i was left with a nice green tinted iso. I let it sit on a heating pad all day only to end up with a black ball of crap, it was not gooey tar like last time but WTF. That was atotal of about 3 oz of trimmings and bud, what a waste!:angry:

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

too hot? heated too long?

3. Grown in Tx.

It was on the heating about 11 hours unti the moisture was gone pad was on high 0t thats not even hot.

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Too hot.

Heating pad needs to stay on low and a fan blowing across the top. Keep the temp of the iso/oil under 100F. ;)

5. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Wow...I dont know whay that happened. Sounds like you did everything right.

Uh....have you tried it with 70%?

I had a horrible failure my first time...black sticky tar you couldnt even handle...or get oiff your hands...or light. So, I KNOW shit can go wrong. But I feel bad...Im confident you CAN make great hash! Please try ONE more time...with 70% alcohol.

Dix

6. Dixie Hicky

I dont even use the heat pad. JUST a fan blowing over is enough.

Dix

7. Grown in Tx.

Yeah dixie I tried the 71 the second attempt and got tar, did the first two on the stove so I figured I would just use the pad this time. Useless maybe i'll try again without the pad after my next harvest (about 4 weeks)

8. Useless

Yea Dix, I was trying to point out if using the heating pad even on low, you need the fan to keep the oil cool.

Pad + Fan, or Fan only or temp controlled water.

Slower is better. I just educated someone about purge temps. The oil he was making looked like Henry's roofing tar. Now it comes out blond/amber like it's supposed to.

9. Grown in Tx.

Alright then, now I'm looking foreward to trying this shit again with only a fan. Thanks :not-worthy:

10. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

<~~~~~ thats me !

11. Useless

I wasn't gonna drop a name bro. ROFL.

BTW, the test results you gave me that one day have got to be wrong.

I got my results back, 86.43% THC on the budder hash 79.22% on the H-Bomb qwiso oil.

That 40 some odd percent has to be wrong dude.

12. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

oh yeah i knew those results weren't accurate..... Was my main bitch about that testing company....My homie Trend from the farm got fucked by mike lee to same day on a test....Cannlabs tested the same earwax at 82%

13. Dixie Hicky

YOU GO, BABY!! I KNOW it's gonna fly next time!

Bless yer heart...I know what a bummer this has been for you. I felt sort like crying when I saw that black goo. I tried to roll it into a ball...got it smeared all over my hands, could NOT make it stick to itself, tho....Man, it was like trying to flick a sticky booger off! LOL! Finally just dumped the whole mess and cleaned my hands with paint thinner, for cryin out loud....

But I have TOTAL faith the next time it's gonna happen for ya.

HUG

Dix

14. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

I use 99% iso alcohol. Is that too pure?

15. Useless

99% is fine.

16. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

thanks Useless!

17. Grown in Tx.

I tried it again a couple months back, most of it was powder, some turned black but it was hard not gooey. It was kind of harsh, but did it's job.

2 harvest back I tried my hand at butter, lets just say I didn't let the trim dry enough and ended up with dark green butter with a VERY strong flavor but not much on the buzz side.

Now the last harvest, I said fuck it and let the trim dry till it was crunchy, ground all that up, sifted it through a screen then ran it my grinder with a keef screen. HOLY SHIT, that was the bomb. the trim from 4 plants (master kush) about a 1/2 oz. of trim gave me 1 gr. of keef. 1 hit is all you need.:redbong::flyy:

18. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

I made qwiso used a rice cooker to evap big mistake I think as my finished product is as you describe roofing tar.....Its potent I gave some to my patient used a butter knife to scoop a few dollops into another jar for him. When I was done I sucked the left over oil off the knife maybe .1 of a g 45min later I passed out.....First time I have ever passed out from ingesting Cannabis.

I figure I will just use it in baked goods the piss off is I used 3lbs of pure GWS buds to make it and believe its now worthless due to its consistency.

19. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Try making bubble hash. It's easy. I've done it twice now and it turns out great.

:affro:

20. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Au contraire kind sir. Don't denigrate the amazing tar. If you have a stash box catch tray or keif screen, I find little gobs of tar rolled in loose shake or keif to be of incredible usefulness. Fits in a bowl or atop a burning bud quite nicely.

canadian123 likes this.