Dry pond dirt

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Grown in Tx., Jun 7, 2011.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I've been growin hydro inside for a couple years. Maybe I'm just bored or stoned or something but I'm thinkin about putting a clone outside in the ground, my pond has 2 willows hanging over it droppin leafs in the water (when it had water) so it is allways tea colored. What I want to do is remove about a18x18x18 square and replace it with dirt from the dried up pond mixed with a little composted horse manure and a little fresh hay and put a plant in the middle of it. I think that should have plenty of nutes to flower and finish a plant. what do y'all think?

2. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Well just in case you need more nutes theres always Miracle Grow:alienwink:

3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

did u ever have a lot of fish in it?

If so, I'm sure it'd also add some good nutes to the soil.Give it a try and let us all know how it works out.

4. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

make sure you check the ph of the soil because "tea colored water" is almost always very acidic.

5. Toker2

Mans got a great point...though it could also be tannin

Lowe's Ph kit 10 buck

you get 10 npk tests too and 10 ph tests

Now the ph is only from 6.0-7.0.8.0 sorta thing but the npk test is worth it.

Chunk some ground oyster shell in the whole--bout a decent womens size handful and i bet you be fine.

Don't forget the Miracle Grow:alienwink:

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I see your earning your money checks in the mail-Bud

7. Grown in Tx.

There is some clam and snail shells on the bottom of pond maybe i'll collect and crush those. As far as fish go there is allways minnows in there, sometimes some catfish. there is 2 catfish skeletons in there now. So theres some fish poop in it, alot of frog and bird poop. Hell I probly dont even need the horse poop.

8. Toker2

Sounds like pond muck bro

i cant see it SO i cant see if its light or heavy

if it drains well

But Pod scum is ....Pond scum

I'm not knocking....

Me...i spend all of 5 bucks at Lowe's but thats just me.

If i had a place outside i trusted....i still go to Lowe's

good luck:passsit:

9. Grown in Tx.

Got 'er done. She's planted, put the grass runners all back and covered with compost. I mostly used the top 2" of the pond dirt to fill the hole, I figured that would be the richest dirt. Watered it all real good so we'll see what happens

.:bong-2: :popcorn-2:

10. Grown in Tx.

Well she made it through her first night no wilting or any signs of shock. I soaked the ground after I planted her about 9am., and watered again about 6pm. Just watered her again this morning which will be her normal time for it, unless I should water in the evening also. I do have a question about flowering since most outdoor strains are done about nov., I guess she should start to flower around sep? So thasts roughly about 4 months of veg time. Since it's not under 24 hours of light, that should be the same growth as 3 months in a veg room? So she should get pretty big by the time she starts to flower.

11. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Totally different than being in a veg room bro, you have the power of the sun. Which is like having 1million 1000w hps and mh's haggin above her. IF treated right she could be well over 12 feet by the end. Hope everything works out man, any pics?

12. Grown in Tx.

No pics my damn internet for the was the first tragedy due to the layoff. I'll post some in a couple weeks when it's back on.(thank god for smart phones). 12' damn thats higher than the barn wall thats blocking public veiw, I might have to do some l.s.t. to compensate for that. But I like those kinda problems!

13. Grown in Tx.

I thought it would have full sun all day, turns out from about 11 to 3 it is about 2" in the shade lline of the wall it's next to, it's probly for the best it gets kinda hot about that time of the day. But it looks happy the leafs are all perked up. So far so good.

14. Grown in Tx.

She has been out there a week and has grown about 1" taller but the leaves are growing so she's gaining girth. I have some canna ferts I got when I tried coco choir. although I wanted to see if the pond dirt had the available nutes she needed, I just can't help wondering if I should try feeding once or twice a week with these nutes since they are not being used at all. Your supposed to mix equal amounts of part A (4-0-1)

And part B (1-4-2). What do y'all think

15. Grown in Tx.

She is starting to fill out real nice, new shoots already forming.it seemed to be atleast 1.5" taller this morning, so I figured I would do some l.s.t and pinned her over. I remember many years ago a friend had a 6 or 7 foot plant done like this and there were just a bunch of 10 inch buds growing up. Its in the perfect spot, so so I reckon i'm gonna do the horizontal boogie with this girl

:alienwink:

16. Grown in Tx.

Bending her over didn't phase her a bit, she's allready pushed all her shoots up to the sun and grew another couple of inches. Really cool to watch

17. Grown in Tx.

She's doin good, doubled in size about 8" now. I still got her pinned to the ground in 3 spots about to have to put a 4th. Wasn't sure about the ferts so I didn't use 'em, I dont think I need to add anything to it. Maybe it will turn out to be worthy of entering the grow off.

18. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Keep with it. I'm sure that pond mud has some goods in it...Steelcity

19. Grown in Tx.

She's growin real good about 12 inches or better. all the shoots are growing up so it looks like about 8 small plants. I am about to pin down the tops again.

I'll post pics in a few days.

20. Grown in Tx.

It's been 6 weeks outside, I guess I mis-spoke it has 6 shoots not 8. I think i'm gonna stoppinning it down and let these 6 shoots do their thing. It has grown to be about 14 inches "long" all the shoots are about 3-4 inches tall. It's showing no signs of any def's

So I still have not added any nutes or anything. 10" in 6 weeks seems kinda slow, but with the lst I think its probly growing ok.