Drying & Curing

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by HeadCase, Mar 3, 2018.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Hey guys I need a little refresher I use to hang my whole buds in a cardboard box till they where dried then trim them up & put them in gallon jars which in would open & let them breathe .Not sure how you guys are doing it now days looks like some are trimming the buds up then drying. So give me a heads up on the best way .-Bud

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I find trimming when wet lots easier than trying to peel off the dried leaves.

HeadCase likes this.
  3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Same here. I trim them up , dry them and then it is into the jars.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Was thinking about ordering one of these 20180303_123420_Film3.jpg

ResinRubber likes this.
  5. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I have seen those. I think Mr GJ uses a wire screen with a fan blowing from underneath. As long as they are getting some air circulation, good to go.

HeadCase likes this.
  6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I like to trim the buds while the leaves are still wet then I keep the buds in a paper bag, rotating them daily within the bag, until they are just right to go into jars. Then it's all about burping the jars and making sure the moisture content is good for a month or so. Then I leave them alone to cure for another month.

7. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

3E8A8605-B56A-4106-8A21-AD56932D9210.jpeg I prefer to trim them wet right off the plant. Then toss the buds on a drying rack for a few days before jaring and burping begins.
    There’s a sheet of plastic in the lowest bin for trim that also catches trichs that drop from the buds as they’re moved about in the upper racks.

blazerwill420 and HeadCase like this.
  8. ducrider

68FB348E-920C-4425-B206-F648DE6B13C9.jpeg

Herb likes this.
  9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The hanging dryer is the shit. Lotta bud in a little space. Put a piece of plastic underneath and you can capture any kief that dusts down.:bongdude:

ducrider likes this.
  10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Rule #5, Free hash is the best hash!

11. ducrider

Dabney hash. Mmm mmmm good

12. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Rule #6...Dabney hash is Mmm mmm. :lmao: