Duc hash, my hybrid bubble hash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by ducrider, Feb 1, 2013.

1. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I’m sure everyone’s seen one of the many YouTube videos out there of people using dry ice to produce massive piles of kief. Most of the videos show the dry ice being combined with trimmings in a bucket, shaken then dry sifted though a regular bubble bag. While they always seem to produce plenty of product it looks a little green, like it has plant material mixed in with the actual hash.

Bubble (ice water hash) hash on the other hand while it can produce a much cleaner run of hash can take several hours to complete because it take so long to chill down the trimmings & knock loose the trichs using drill / paint mixer. Another problem I’ve noticed with this method is that you literally pulverize the plant matter into a pulp which contaminates the trichs you want with plant matter you don’t. Maybe I’ve been over mixing the ingredients I don’t know but I think I’ve found a better way.

I’ve combined what I think are the best of both methods by using the dry ice to remove the trichs & water to rinse away any plant mater that may be present in the kief.

Here’s how it goes.

In a 5 gallon bucket combine your trimmings, popcorn buds ect with about a 3rd pound of dry ice. Set this to the side for about 5-10 minutes while you prepare your bubble bags in a second bucket.

[​IMG]

Insert your bags in the (clean) bucket starting with finest bag first (25 mic) just like you would for a traditional bubble hash run.

I'll update with a pic later but you all know what bubble bags look like.

By the time you have the bags set up, the bucket containing the trimmings should be chilled down & ready for a good shaking. The object the exercise is to only shake the bucket enough to knock loose the trichomes, after all that’s really the only thing we really want. It really doesn’t take too much shaking, maybe 3-5 minutes of moderate agitation followed by a minute or so of gentle stirring. By this point you should be seeing tons of keif mixed in with the trimmings & stuck to the sides of the bucket.

Once you’re satisfied that you’ve generated enough kief it’s time to remove ALL of the dry ice from the bucket. At the very least you need to remove as much as is reasonably possible. It’s OK if you miss a few small chunks, they’ll evaporate quickly once you combine the trimmings with water in the next step.

Here's what it should look like, a mountain of hash mixed with plant mater.

[​IMG]

Now, add 2 ½ -3 gallons of water in the same bucket & stir gently. You’ll probably notice trimming & the kief will clump up almost as if they’re hydrophobic. Just gently stir the mixture together until it’s well blended. Once blended pour the contents into bucket containing the bags. Now just run the bags like your making traditional bubble has until you’ve collected all the hash. I generally run the bags 3-4 times before I’m finished.

The results, nice clean blonde hash for your toking pleasure:thumbs-up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the bucket of waste water full of contaminants after four runs through the bags.

[​IMG]

enjoy!

Duc

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    TheApprentice likes this.
  2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thanks for posting

3. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

Nice job looks great. Do you find you get the same or more yield compared to just flipping a swich on a tumbler? I never really understood all yhe work that goes into water extractions.

4. ducrider

Never used one but we've seen the huge piles of kief that the Farmer makes with his tumbler. Id say my yield was comparable to his with the added benefit of being much cleaner. For sure this method blows away what I've seen using regular ice & water for the extraction.

:passsit:

Duc

5. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

Cool so its more of a clean thing as opposed to a quality/yield thing.

Roger that.

6. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

This makes bubble hash look even MORE appetizing. That is some blonde ass hash. :bravo:

I think your yield here was comparable to the tumbler. It actually was way more weight - it was about 9 grams of kief vs 22 grams of hash (rough weights I know) but that is more than two times the weight. Lots of things effect the yield though, not the least of which is the quality of the weed/trimmings used in the first place. I don't think you measured weight of trim going in, and neither did I.

Bubble hash is more portable and easier to handle than kief. No way I'm dusting a bowl with kief while zootin' down the highway at 75 MPH :new_blackey: well OK, but it's hard! Bubble hash is easier

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Good thread:thumbsup:

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice! Thanks. :thumbsup::good job:

9. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

how much trim did you start with?

10. ducrider

I didn't weigh the trimmings but I started with a 1 gallon zip lock that was 3/4 of the way full. soooo maybe 2-3 zips??? don't really know for sure.

11. SpawnOfDXE

SpawnOfDXE Germinating

I wish I could find dry ice around here, I'm going to have to start hunting up where I live when I move back.

12. skitzo420

skitzo420 New Member

Nice work! It still looks to me like kings kush but I am wondering what's the taste?