Duc's got the blues baby...

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by ducrider, Mar 12, 2014.

1. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Kksc is Kyle Kushman strawberry cough. Had a similar structure, that's it though. I just happened to get it with dabney. Just what it reminded me of. Whatever it is looks Damn fine to me!

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:eusa_eh:Hmmmmmm....

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

That's not LB, LB you cannot mistake.

Dab should dif be a little more leafier and way more weight. What did you feed her?

And from my experience, she loses that BB smell in late flower, turns skunkier. I've always wondered if there was a way to keep that week 6 smell to her but she totally turns a little skunky in the end IMHO.

I will say and post pix when I get back that soil are kinda junky, specially compared to hempys or tables....but the buds are usually heavy....really heavy and skunky BB...not just BB until cured out.

Dont know, I think CC and I had this discussion, you know dab because like week 5 or 6 you know it's no mistaking her....

4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I was waiting for you to chime in:redbong:

They were all grown in soil mix RR posted years ago in organics & fed A combination of Molasses, Dramm one in veg and Alaska more bloom starting around week 2-3 of flower. I fed then quite a bit more than I generally do since everyone said what heavy feeders they are. The leaf damage was from a Cal-mad def not from overfeeding so maybe they wanted more.....

As for the blueberry smell I don't think they every smelled like berries at all. the two Jackberry x KO Kush's I had in the corners on the other hand did and I think I let that trick me in to believing the Dab did as well. Once out of the grow room and separated it was clear I was mistaken, the dab smelled good, different but good.

At 9 weeks it smells very earthy, not skunky..

The buds are big and chunky but no where near as large as other's I've seen although I'm certain those were all DWC or hempy & not grown organically in soil.

I have a tray full of root bound clones in solo cups waiting in the wings so I'll be running the same again next round. Who knows maybe I fucked them up somehow, hell I don't know..

It's still top shelf smoke regardless of whether or not it's the Dab.. That said, if the horses mouth is saying it's Dab then I'm inclined to believe said horse... :redbong:

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Agreed that the BB aroma fades the further you get into flowering. But that doesn't look, or sound, very "Dabney-ish" to me. The plant looks a little beat-up tho (no offense Duc) and I've had stressed plants do all sorts of weird shit.

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

It doesn't sound like Dabney to me. It should smell berrish up to about week 8. After 10 or so I've been told it smells more skunky. I, myself, don't smell the skunk but my idea of skunk is the old skunk smell, like the skunk that got hit in the road right out your window. That I don't smell but it does get less berrish. You can run Dabney just about as long as you want. I remember haveing a convosersation about how long to grow Dabney and some liked it at 8, some 9, some 10 and someone even liked her best at 14. I've never taken her past 12 and she could have gone longer. It really doesn't look like Dabney either. She should be fatter down toward the middle and cone out at the bottom. All the red hair is throwing me also.

7. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

OK stand back from your screens this is a big pic.. :jj:

This is the sample I took at 3-4 days ago. :jj:

[​IMG]

8. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Looks tasty. Nippie to drag out the blueberry smell reduce your flush time. I got to the point I would never do plain water until the last week while still using a carbo product or molasses up until 2-3 days before chop. Still comes out fine No harshness.

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Any berry smell ever reveal itself? :passsit:

Been looking closely at Maine Outdoor Blueberry. Think I have a source for cuts....

10. DXE

DXE Moderator

My dabney harvested 4 weeks ago has a nice blueberry muffin smell and taste

Awesome smoke too