DWC questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by nippie, Aug 3, 2011.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

added oh down last night 6.7 this morning.

just added nutes and MORE ph down.. will check in a few hours what the reading is.

defin becoming an issue, I'm starting to get curl and alot of lower leaves were damaged this morning.

Need help or suggestions.. Thinking about switch back to hempy. Love the growth but not being able to stabilize PH is starting to piss me off

2. nippie

My first attempt at RDWC, just hit with BM last night, some lighting issues hurt the lower growth because they were under t5s

Not my best work, but okay for a newb at r/dwc i think

[​IMG]

greenjah likes this.
  3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

They look good :thumbs-up:

4. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

they do look pretty good. Your water could have an issue, kinda like mine but a different issue, no one seems to have seen it before. I think the both of us may have to get ourselves an RO filter. I have seen them on ebay for 150 or 160.

Keep at it though, the hydro is worth it once you get it right. My single DWC buckets always yielded at least double that my dirt did and they weren't even as good as they could have been.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

booshy booshy.

6. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Holy shit!! they look good man.:passsit: :popcorn-2: :thumbs-up:

Lots of hard work is paying off now. :thumbs-up:

7. nippie

Thanks guys,

RR you should have seen them before I cleaned them out. Really impressed with growth from RDWC, but I had them shoved together to close and under t5s instead of HID so I'm sure next time will be twice as nice (didn't really expect for this much of dif in growth).

Thanks blah, CC, lvs, and everyone else (i'm sure I'm forgetting a few). Much of the credit goes to you guys as I didn't know shit when I started this thread about dwc.

Before I commit to total switch, I wanna get a few of these under my belt. I have to watch my temps now under the hps and that may dictate what I do as I dont wanna have to buy mutli chillers if I decide to do a total switch over.

Oh your opins on the issue I had... fans would drop off if touched casually and the new growth was dieing from the growing tips and slowly making it way to the branch (branch never effected). All of this was on the lower 1/4 of the plant. I myself believe this was from lack of light penetration because of the area effected, but would like to know if someone has opin that differs from that

8. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

They look awesome IMO.....gotta love that RDWC growth

9. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

chiller

my grow is just for home use.....like everyone else here...but after many years i really want to get one setup and do it for a while...i have never been completely automated so everyday i have had to do something...

i have everything now except really 3 things...controller, ro water with storage container and a chiller....i am going to bite the bullet and put 400 aside for a 1/10 hp and take my time to buy it maybe i can find a good deal...not sure if this is something that can be bought used...will have to get some opinions about that.

that and a 4 site rdwc/bio-bucket type system....doing a couple runs this winter to see how it goes...

ncm

10. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Nippie, I add a couple of teaspoons of GH's Diamond Nectar to my buckets when I put fresh water in every two weeks and it holds my pH down without any problem.

Can't say it'll work for you, too, but it's worth a try. :flyy:

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

id roll with the 1/4 hp instead

the 1/10 runs constantly and you eventually end up spending the extra loot that you saved within a year

12. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

chiller

shit i thought you might say that...damn shit damn sufus=fpasdfkljs;dljas;lkgd:passsit: :passsit: