"ear"wax

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Grown in Tx., Jul 13, 2014.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

What method is used to make the kinda chunky almost powdery yellow classic ear wax?

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Essentially, you "whip" the purged BHO with a nail or wire in a dish. Apply low heat if it becomes too stiff. Some hashes wax up...others don't. Any "wax" by me using this method has been sporadic at best. I've whipped for an hour and gotten BHO soup and whipped for 15 minutes and gotten a nice wax. Sativas don't seem to wax up well IME.

You can get a honeycomb (I call this wax too) using a vac chamber by playing with the temp and vac time after the BHO muffins in the chamber.

3. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I just made 30 grams of BHO from Killaqueen. I whipped it for a while as it was purging, and it seems to have waxed up pretty good. Room temp matters. At 80 degrees my shit sticks to fingers a little when you touch it. At 70 you can roll a ball of it in your palm no stick. Just outta the fridge and it's like shatter.

Once you go wacks you never go backs.

4. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

whip it at 130 degrees

5. Grown in Tx.

Finally got the results I was looking for using S.A.G.E.,

2 things I did different: I used a silicon mat pushed down in a bowl to catch the butane and after the liquid purged off I put the mat on a electric griddle set on the lowest temp and just ran a dabbing wand back and forth to help it finish.

Edit:

Oh yeah, forgot to talk about the 2nd batch. I tried fresh still wet trim the first time with the heat and got the gold and crumbly wax, the 2nd batch was dried trim no mat, no griddle, just Pyrex and and hot water didn't really work it this time just stirred it occasionally to help it purge and got the same results

6. Grown in Tx.

Made another batch using dried 3 week old material that I didn't jar, just left it in a cigar box I use for a stash box, I didn't even use a hot water bath to help it purge this time, I just let it do it's thing and got the same product as fresh wet material. I ran 1 can through 7 grams and got back 0.7g. This is using the S.A.G.E. which is supposed to be sativa dom.