Ever find plants growing wild?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by fromthemorning, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthemorning

fromthemorning A Fat Sticky Bud

I have plenty of times and now I always keep my eyes open. I don't know what your theories are, but I assume people are packing bowls while walking. I assume they aren't able to roll joints while walking, although some people are really good at that sort of thing, and that the only other explanation would be is that someone just throws the seeds around. Anyway, I found one that was nice and healthy a few weeks ago. I would walk past it now and then, waiting for the right moment, and finally that moment came. I snatched it. Unfortunately, in this kind of scenario you are only going to get the bare roots. The thing didn't adjust well to being transplanted bare root. It looks dead now and I pinched off the dead growth, although it looks like something may sprout from the bare stem.

Other past finds:

In the same town I found one just growing in a lawn that hadn't been mowed. It was about 8 inches. This was early fall. The same thing with this one with being pulled bare root except this time I put it inside a vivarium under artificial light. I think it ended up being male.

My favorite is one I think I actually ended up smoking! I found it right near a police station (SAME TOWN AGAIN!) right below a tree that was planted in a section about 3x3. Pretty neat, eh?

I'm always keeping my eyes open now. In fact, I am pretty sure I saw a baby in someone's garden bed but just can't remember the street. I'm gonna get some more bag seed and spread it around.

FYI I don't live in a former hemp growing area, just east coast coastal suburbs/resort area. It's nice and moist here and it doesn't get hot until, well, right about now.

2. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

Have you ever thought that those could be someone elses that took the time to plant them. Why would

3. fromthemorning

They are in too random of locations to have been planted. I think it's almost beautiful, though. All of the money and effort to have this plant eradicated and in the end it will start itself up from seed without any effort. I see this not only with marijuana but other commonly cultivated plants. I actually saw a spider flower growing out of the sidewalk today and I might pull that up so it can grow into something nicer. Spider flower looks a lot like MJ, too, so I can possibly use it as a disguise.

4. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

uh, I really doubt that the one in some dudes garden was a random act. If it is "nice and healthy " chances are it's someones

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

If it was "healthy" and you had to wait 'till the right time...that would indicate prior knowledge...so to speak.

Seriously...you've probably been stealing someone's babie's for awhile now :(

A friend of mine(grow's outside only)said if you find someone's plant(s), you top them(maybe), to let them know....Gotcha! never steal, though.

From now on...if it's there in, say, Oct., harvest it. Do NOT be surprised if you hear shot's.

Good Luck :pimp:

6. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

hmm..

Yea dude I would say chances are these are surely someones plants. I have never witnessed MJ growing wildly. Once I through a paper towel with half germinated seeds into my compost and i had small sprouts coming out but they didnt grow to anything. I would say if you find a plant let it be. If someone else finds it and rips it off, thats their deal. Karma's a bitch. I have had a lot of plants ripped off by thieves, hunters, fiends, friends, etc. Its a horrible thing.. To grow out a plot or plant all summer then a week before you plan to harvest you come back to an empty site or bare stalks. I have lost about 85% of my outdoor grows to thieves.

I know an old head that would kill if he caught someone stealing his plants. So be careful Messing with others things. He will grow in areas that are well known for thieves and rig his buckets with wire triggers. They set off a small homemade explosive. He also rigs his back door with an explosive if someone wants to kick in his door. He is an oldschool guy from the bayou.. Hes a little odd but good company and real good dope. Real Talk.

G-Fam

7. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

i have no hard evidence other than hearsay from americans and other personal sources... and from what i gather from them is that the us government did the whole eradication thing, mainly for grows, but wild plants aswell, leading me to believe that they are somebodys...when you have a male and a female plant naturally and they flower naturally, the male would pollenate the female, and the buds would have a buncha seeds in them.. so if you found only like less than 10 plants in a neat orderely form, i can almost guarnatee they are someone elses. if it had of happened naturally, the seeds could have fallen at the base of the femme, and then youd have a clusterfuck of a bunch of male and female plants, not neatly placed... if you took em, i would never go back to that spot, and drop it here on gk becuase judging from haywires experence, you WILL get flamed for stealing, even if you didnt know they were someone elses. the topping works, you can get however many free clones and it still goes along the lines of not stealing.. my .02

8. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

When I was a teenager, I worked at Burger King. Right in the middle of the dining room was a big planter box that had soil and real plants in it. We use to plant seeds in there about once a week and they would pop every once in awhile. Never had one get more than a few inches though because they had gardeners come in and take care of the plants and they would pull them up. We kept trying though.

9. Guerilla Family

Neighbor

Thats a good one. I had a neighbor that I didnt get along with. He was a redneck alcoholic that beat his wife, and really anti-pot. He would make comments about me and my family being pot heads, and smoking dope. I would tell him to take his drunk as inside and beat his wife or something. We lived in a house right beside a trailor park, and him and his family would sit outside there trailor at a fire and be beligerant and loud all night. So me and a couple buddies made it a habit to take time out of our smoking and jam sessions to go out n fuck with the guy. We had him so pissed off one night that he was chasing us around drooling drunk. His son came into our yard wanting a fight. I grabbed a ball bat to try to change his mind b/c I was quite stoned and not in the mood for scraping. He came at me anyways and caught the metal bat to the dome. He fell on the ground and crawled back to his house crying how I had teed off on his ass.

This was funny shit, anyways off the stoned rambling and to the point.

We used to plant sprouts in his flower garden, hoping they would grow to like 5 ft MONSTERS!:growin:

I think u had to be there.. Well off for another smoke, this commercial crap aint cuttin it. Cant wait til the sticky buds come in. :fly:

:suave: G-fam:suave:

10. Alex

Alex Germinated

Farmers are usually a good shot

dude, ripping plants is a dangerous game. my friend had a huge plant in his dog pen last year and the crack head across the street snaked it. Dont ask why the dog wasnt in the pen with 2 weeks left of flowering... idiot! Anyway this year hes got a six shooter for that creep. Just incase the hes not afraid of pitbulls. Now thats a bit different from your situation, but if i caught you out in my field id probably beat you with a german folding shovel... Just somethin to consider. I dont mean to hate on you, i just hate rippers!

11. Guerilla Family

wow

You know were not even sure the guy is a thief. For all we know there could be "wild marijuana" out there growing for all of us. :eek:hyeah: Free dope for everyone!

Well if he didnt jack the plants I give him props for posting such a touchy subject. I believe everyone that reads this post will jump all over his shit for being a pot pirate .. :qright6: :icon_pirat: :qleft6:

g-fam

12. fromthemorning

They weren't growing in anyone's garden. They were in grass that wasn't cut... in a neighborhood where people are walking by constantly. About three days after I took the first plant I mentioned, that lawn was cut. I guess the landlords just hadn't gotten to it. None of the plants i ever pulled were in a garden, especially the one by the police station. If someone did throw the seeds in these places intentionally, they were only going to get destroyed be a lawnmower. Sorry for any confusion.

I would never jack someone's plants out in the woods. I put enough effort into that myself and I've had at least one plant stolen.

13. fromthemorning

Man I just read all of your threads. You people really think I went and ripped someone's plants? Hahah. I'm telling you, someone was probably packing a bowl while they were walking and dropped a seed. I found two of them in grass and the other one under a tree about 50 feet from the police station. It's not uncommon to see dudes here walking and smoking blunts and even batties.

14. fromthemorning

I guess I wasn't specific enough. I'm not upset. It's just that I doubt anyone would plant a marijuana plant in their lawn. Also, if they did such an absurd thing, it would be stupid and the plant is better off with me. I was very surprised to find any of these plants considering there are so many people here that walk and don't drive, and they were all in the same town.

15. bowl

bowl Germinated

If someone is stupid enough to plant an illegal plant in the open,well,they deserve to get ripped off...better than being turned in to the law.Marijuana is a freakin plant,what kinda fool is going to kill another human being over an ILLEGAL grow of weed plants?Any idiot like that desevres the death penalty.Booby trapping any area is stupid enough,but to booby trap a grow area is down right sickening...not to mention vicious drug-dealer like mentality.Maybe if people didn't do such foolish things like that for an illegal grow,they would legalize cannibus...AGAIN I SAY,WHAT KINDA IDIOT WOULD PLANT MARIJUANA IN OPEN VEIW?

16. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

i wouldnet necessarily agree with you here, people can plant anywhere, doesnt matter if its their property or not, they went through the work to get the seeds and plant them, i dont think people should be killed over weed or any drugs to be honest, but a beating is in order, thats like someone robbing you, of something that is yours.. like you leave your cell at a party or something, someone grabs it, you find out, you knock them if they dont give it back thats how it goes..

different strokes for different folks though right?

17. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

i cant believe im telling somebody this-dude it isnt cool to screw around with peoples plants-i did a prison sentence for a run in with a guy tryen to rip me-those were MY babies and id do it again-watch yourself ripper.

18. bowl

bowl Germinated

People can plant anywhere eh?..where do you live?Bet you got your front lawn bordered with sativa's and indy plants .People can plant anywhere huh?Try adding some superskunk plants in with your watermelons,they get full sun that way...I mean you did go through the effort of "international smuggling" to get your seeds,sure,plant them right in open view...your neighbors may even give you a best garden award....:icon_confused:

19. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yea like someone stealing your fucking sportbike while you step inside a buddy you knows bar then come out an hour later and the bike be gone. Happened to me lastnight, I was sooooo pissed!!!! Really fucking weird part is how it turned back up maybe 50 yards from where it was stolen today around 3. the bike still had the same miles on the trip as it had before it got yanked so they didn't even drive it, ignition wasn't punched out or anything.

20. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Speaking of rippers........I have a 500 dollar bounty for a certain ponytail from a dick named Gannon from S. Jersey. He knows what he did and I know he did it. You have my e-mail douchebag and I know yer on here. Jim was pissed dude and, luckily for you I am a much mellower dude now or I would have ran you over with my van that night at Jaime's.

Sorry to Hijack the thread but I had to get that out there.

A.D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.