Exactly When to transpant?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by CCrete, Nov 9, 2008.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I'm 2 weeks in at about 6 branches @ 4inch high of 8 white rhino lil fems. Whats my best bet on the "perfect" transplant? I'm a new grower (soil) and would love any advice from this community of Marijuana Masters. Please somebody school me.....take me to class..:suave:

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

How big are the pots they are in now ? How big are you going to let them get before you flower them or how long are you going to veg? And what size pots are you planing on transplant into ?-Bud

3. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Um..

The easy answer would be once you see roots coming from the holes in the bottom of the pot...but there are many variables in that sentence.

4. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

what nuggtester said :suave:

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

they are in 16 oz solo cups with bottom slits to drain...going into 2.5 gal square plastic pots...then going under a 400 MH, 1 vent to suck out light heat, 1 circulator fan and 1 bottom of growroom fan to keep stalks srong and healthy and to just keep it movin. I got 2 random fems in my flower room now..400 HPS 3 fans etc....Im using Fox Farm nutes about 3/4 strength of rec. dose. Also im happy to say i got a super clean enviorment as well..bout 80 degrees and 40-50% humidity. Luckily I live 30mins from HTG supply and can run to get anything so PLEASE tell me if im lacking in any way with my supplies or gadgets or whatever...Thanks guys

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Sounds like you got everythng down .I would go & transplant now if you have the room. So they can get use to the in pots before you put them on 12/12. Must be nice to live near HTG suppys I just went to the hydro store where I live $21.95 for 50 rapid rooter replacement plugs 6 months ago they where $14.95 the guy is a asshole. Do you have a carbon filter for odor you wlii need one.Later-Bud

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Yea I like to transplant about two weeks before I put them into flower, to give them time to get over the transplant shock and so the roots will grow as much as possibel before switching to 12/12:suave: