Facebook

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by GK_SocialMedia, May 15, 2013.

1. GK_SocialMedia

GK_SocialMedia Moderator

This thread is for content we post onto our social media,feel free to comment on any posts:ebert:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  2. GK_SocialMedia

GK_SocialMedia Moderator

Marc Emery.Guys im going to start posting in this thread every day with some content from our facebook and from that of our friends. I'll do the same with the Twitter and Youtube threads too. Todays pick of the facebook news feed is the story about Marc Emery aka Prince of Pot being granted a transfer back to Canada. A lot of people might not blink at this story. But when you consider hes an activist who sold seeds to fund activism and is serving 5 years in US jail for doing do. Then this is significant. Espcially in light of how rapid the MJ laws have changed since his arrest. People shouldnt be in jail for passing on seeds to other people.Its not right. Heres hoping Marc gets back to Canada and gets an early release. Hes one of our own and his plight shouldnt be forgotten:bong2:http://www.theweedblog.com/prince-of-pot-marc-emery-gets-prison-transfer-approved-by-us-government/

Theres a good blog he does on cannabisculture ( http://www.cannabisculture.com/blogs/2013/07/05/Marcs-Blog-About-Being-Put-Solitary-Confinement ) about life in prison,i enjoy it. Theres also much news,videos and updates from Jodie on cannabis culture too.Its worth checking out:thumbsup: A good speech he made on his "farewell tour" before going to prison:passit:[YOUTUBE]qp0jAb4mj1I[/YOUTUBE] marc.jpg

/monthly_2013_07/marc.jpg.8a777a1d4cb2c1887f18172a54690802.jpg

3. GK_SocialMedia

GK_SocialMedia Moderator

Washington V Colorado . Which state has chosen the best way forward?So now that the two legal States have drafted regulations.Who do we think has the best approach?One thing i see that BOTH states have chosen to avoid is Amsterdam style cafes. I think this is a mistake personally but thats just my opinion. The benefits of having specific areas for useage ,just like bars for alchohol ,shouldnt have been ignored. Theres a more responsible outlook and approach from users who frequent cafes.Most of them know the laws and respect them. I also find it very interesting that Colorado permits home cultivation and insists any person who retails weed must have grown 70% of it themselves,while Washington permits Outdoor cultivation but the has seperate regulations for distribution, cultivation & Sales as opposed to Colorado who have merged all 3 areas under one set of regulations. Colorado enable you to give away up to an ounce of weed to someone also. Both states have prohibited public smoking of weed though which i feel is a mistake. Cafe smokers are responsible users and i agree with the sentiment expressed in the article below. Interesting Times:bong2:

After reading briefly through the regulation proposals one thing becomes evident,to me at least. Amendment 64 called for Marijuana to be legally treated like alcohol in age restrictions and taxation methods.While Amendment 64 allowed for regulation and “rational policies,” the “emergency regulations” released on 1st July dont actually treat MJ the same as the booze and theres a lot of obstacles and red tape for MJ users to navigate. Still,progress.Colorado to me seems to have drafted the least forward looking regulations. In fact their new regulations still require that recreational dispensaries grow 70 percent of their product in house,and may only sell 30 percent of their product to other dispensaries.This will make overheads higher for smalltime businesses. Washingtons regulations seem far less restricting IMO.If your going to think of entering the recreational MJ arena then your gonna be paying FIVE times more than dispensaries who are already out there existing. This seems to be another method of shutting the door on Budding entrepreneurs cos the dispensaries are alrwady set up with facilities and licenses and the new guy is gonna have to buy all the same stuff but at 5 times the price,doesnt seem right does it?So Colorado have banned outdoor cultivation altogether and if you grow indoors its a maximum of 6 plants at any one time. Almost feels as though Colorado are trying to curb peoples enthusiasm for a "Green Rush". You can buy an ounce in Colorado but if your from out of state you'll only be allowed to buy a maximum of a quarter ounce at a time and it will be illegal to consume your MJ where its bought. Theres without doubt some protectionist polices being implemented in Colorado and from briefly reading their draft it seems like the last thing they are actually doing is making Marijuana in the same status and bracket of alcohol. The fact Colorado is keeping medical and recreational seperate is gonna be financially constricting to new businesses and the fact they need to be able to grow 70% of their sales. It kinda seems to be set up to keep the small time grower out of the network. Thoughts?Washingtons proposals seem a lot less protectionist and in fact promote the free market usage and economy.For this reason i prefer Washngtons regulations. Washington are allowing outside cultivation,allowing new residents to participate in the industry and most important they dont seem to be trying to shut out the budding entrepreneur. Their applications and licenses are FIFTEEN times cheaper than Colorado. Colorado local Govt can ( & already have) BANNED MJ businesses whereas Washington have adopted more of a ring fence approach to protect their MJ businesses. They have banned vertical integration instead of requiring it like in Colorado. Basically it looks as though Washington are looking to create a stable MJ economy and help fledgling MJ businesses in a way Colorado arent prepared to and their regulations resembles alcohol regulation as opposed to Colorado.It seems that Washington are following through on the promises made to Colorado while Colorado are going back on what they have said and promised. Theres an air of protectionism and the bureaucracy is surely gonna stifle budding entrepreneurs?Iv read a few sites opinions on the regulations and iv had a brief scan of the regulations and from an outsider point of view.If i wanted to live where MJ is treated almost the same as booze and if i wanted to make a living out of weed then id be Washinton bound. Kinda weird cos when amendment 64 was first passed everyone assumed form the tone of things that Colorado would be the closest to Holland. I still think BOTH states have missed a trick by not permitting public cafes to smoke in and frequent but all the same it is progress. But Washington seems to me to have took the biggest strides in the right direction.Anyone concur :ponder: Very good info and worth a watch>>[YOUTUBE]G2-uI4wLCW0[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]qBTwNKr68UM[/YOUTUBE] Marijuana-Laws-In-Washington-State-1.jpg

washington-colorado-and-mexico_1.jpg

/monthly_2013_07/Marijuana-Laws-In-Washington-State-1.jpg.b6ed7c705c235e946ca7ac831896a662.jpg

/monthly_2013_07/washington-colorado-and-mexico_1.jpg.5a4526d3d5bc990e92485c105dea3b30.jpg

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Anyone on here from Colorado disappointed in the way they have backtracked from what they originally set out to do? Anyone agree that Washington is making it easier for the small time budding businessman to earn a dollar:ponder:

5. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Facebook

[​IMG]
    All righty folks! Thanks to everyone that entered!

You have three votes, make 'em count!

Without further ado..

The nominees are...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]