Feeding question

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by dlr42, Jul 19, 2011.

1. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I've got 15 10 old seedlings in soil under floros.

A few of my seedlings are starting to yellow at the cotyledons (Had to look that word up). Should I feed them all to keep everyone on the same schedule? I gave them plain water yesterday. I'm going low tech with Miracle Grow. Have used it before with success. I plan on using a very light dose for the first few waterings. I just want to get rid of the yellowing.

Peace.....

2. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...quick back away from the Miracle grow...

...I believe you may have had success with Miracle Grow b4, however, I wouldn't suggest using it at this stage in your new starts lifes...MG is chemical not organic...and can be awfully harsh on seedlings and even plants...if you had luck b4 that may well have been a fluke...most here would agree...anything but Miracle Grow...

...I suspect that it is either an overwatering situation, or your mix(soil) is tainting the effort...please tell me you ain't using Miracle Grow potting mix to...cuz' if so...'yer probably jacking them on nutes, specifically nitrogen...

...Hope this little nugget of wisdom helps...

...DC./. :XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

3. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

10 days old...

Is a little early for them to yellow...i would expect 15-20....how tall are they? how many nodes do they have?

4. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

They range in height from 1 inch to 4 inches. All but 2 are on to there 2nd node. 1 is a late starter. May have to trash it. They all went into the soil the same day. Some, of course, sprouted faster then others.

Here is just an overall picture.

[​IMG]

They were all watered 2 days ago. I add soil to the ones that look bone dry.

They are in organic soil. I have used it in every other grow.

Peace.....

5. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

too early for them to yellow

Time to get back to the basics...something is not right. If the soil is too damp nitrogen uptake stalls and can cause yellowing...