Feeling some satifaction

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Lvstickybud, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Yesterday made me feel good. My wife got a call from an old friend and wanted some help with their first ever grow. They didn't know about what to look for in flowering or anything about nutes. We go over and BAM, sweet plants about 6 feet high. Very green leaves so I ask "What's the problem? You seem to have everything in control." She says that she doesn't know what she's doing and all she did was plant them with, gasp, gulp, Miracle grow in the hole to start and just water since June 1st. She didn't know what strains they were, someone got some clones for her, so she went and got the names of them so I looked them up and told her she was fine with the selections and I told her how long they should go and when they should be ready for cutting down. I looked them over and gave her some GH nutes and Useless's formula and told her that indeed they are starting to flower and told her to start week 3 schedule. She blasted me with a lot of questions and I told her all about what I knew and then we got into what to keep when trimming and how to trim and so on. I know she was getting overwhelmed so I asked if she would like me to come back and she said that she would appreciate a visit once a week to keep an eye on what she was doing. She is doing this for her husband's medical. A groundhog had gotten to one of them a week or so ago and they had the pieces hanging upside down and wanted to know when he would be able to smoke it. They were pretty sad when I told them never, to just compost it. I told them not to worry and then told them what I thought they would get from each plant and they perked right up. I then told them about leaves and trim and hash and BHO. I'll be helping with showing them how to do each. They couldn't stop thanking me enough. I felt really good after and started to think about when I started and how much I would have appreciated the help. I'll also be grabbing some cuts off the bottoms of them and told them that they won't get much, if anything from them. So now I'll fire up my cloner and look forward to some cuts of Chernobyl and White Cookies. I think I said this earlier but I felt really good being able to help so now I know that my job should be helping others out and getting them growing. You people here are the only ones that I have been able to talk to about growing and by talking to them I realized that I do have a little knowledge about the subject and I can go on all day talking about MJ. I know that most of what I learned was right here at GrowKind and a few of you were my teachers, even if you guys didn't know it since I really didn't ask questions, just followed your grows and what you posted. When I didn't understand, then I asked. So I now want to thank you guys. Thanks.

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

This place has taught me a lot too! It's always nice to be able to pass tips onto the next cycle of growers!

Lvstickybud likes this.
  3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You be genius. Go share that brain.

I tend to overwhelm people with too much info all at once when we start talking cannabis or teaching how things are done. For me I think it's more passion than knowledge though

Lvstickybud likes this.
  4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Youve helped many out before and always a stand up man.

Congrats, hopefully you get something exciting for your expertise

Lvstickybud likes this.
  5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Yeah I was definitely overwhelming her. I think my little knowledge is because I have always loved weed. In the 70's and 80's I was the "go to guy" to find really nice weed and be able to tell what strain it was. It was a hell of a lot easier back then. So, yeah, I guess you can call it a passion. I never looked at it that way. I'm always looking around to see what kind of weed is out there, even if I can't afford the seeds. Lol. I give seed banks a lot of hits.
    Yeah but when you can see the people's faces you realize you helped. Oh and I am hoping for a couple buds and a little hash in return but it doesn't matter. These were stand up people to my wife and I when we needed help many, many moons ago. They came through, so I'm hoping all these years later to help. He also appreciated the little "gift" I left behind and told him not to worry, when I go over I'll leave him happy, which in turn will make her happy.

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Sharing is careing, but remember rule number 1 just in case.