Feminized breeder\strain advice needed please...

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Puff-Puff-Pass, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Puff-Puff-Pass

Puff-Puff-Pass Established Healthy Roots

Ok ive been reading post after post for a couple of hours now and im still confused...Im about to start my first hydro setup and Im trying to pick 2 strains and want to make sure theyre from the original breeder, I want 1 sativa mix and 1 indica mix and from all the reading ive done ive narrowed it down to White Widow and Super Silver Haze, now... I understand Mr Nice is the original breeder of these strains but he doesnt have feminized seeds, what do I do now? What strain and breeder should I order from to end up with some good but FEMINEZED shit like white widow and ss haze? I was planning on ordering Greenhouse version of these 2 strains but from all the reading ive done I learned that theyre no good...I dont want to waste a couple of weeks on figuring out the sex.

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

sannies has a fem pack with 3 different strains that may fit your needs.

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Mr. Nice doesn't offer feminized seeds for a reason. If you want the originals, then you just have to get regular seeds and remove the males. That's not to say that there aren't any good femmed seeds available, but if you want the originals, most old school breeders don't offer their originals in femmed form.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I would agree this is the best avenue of approach. But I have grown fem seeds and I'm sure you won't be disappointed if room is an issue. Kinda upset myself that I popped a bunch of 5 Killing Fields and only got male (the rest are are female!!..I hope) but I wanted the original. That being said, I had only 1 male from the herijuana

Ras, I was reading that a bunch of breeders are talking about fems only...to save the genes or some fucked up shit like that. What's you thoughts on that

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It's all about the $$$ if they take away the males it means you have to come back to them for more seeds next time, you can't make your own. Look into Monsanto Corporation. I think femmed seeds are ok and have their uses, but offering only femmed seeds is HORSESHIT! and unethical in my opinion.

6. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Mr Nice isn't the original white widow breeder. He has black widow. You can get 101 fem versions of white widow from any breeder you like. SSH is his though.

Both of the above are indica/sativa hybrids.

Greenhouse Seeds fem seeds are great. Cheap as fuck and good genetics. If you want to be anal about it you may have problems proving their lineage, but I don't care. I can voucher for Great White Shark. Good plants and a good replacement for the White Widow. The Church sucked so stay away from that.

If you want a sativa leaning hydrid Paradise Seeds Nebula is another great strain and available in fem seeds. Not as cheap, but a very nice up high, citrus taste and decent yield. Buds are a little airy, but it is a sativa dom plant.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Not entirely correct sir. Shanti is the original breeder of White Widow and he is now the breeder at Mr Nice Seed Co. He changed the names of some of his old school strains in order to differentiate his from all the fake ass copies by Greenhouse Seed Company and others. Black Widow IS the from the original White Widow Genetics, just relabeled under a new name. Same goes for several other strains of his ie: Medicine Man is White Rhino, Shark Shock is Great White Shark.

8. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I thought Mr Nice's Black widow is the original white widow??? like his la nina is the original el nino. Am I mistaken? If you want a crazy deal Just got The Attitude's christms/new years promo. Spend 35 pounds and get 7 fem seeds free plus their usual UFO freebies

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

BB, you are correct. MR. Nice IS THE ORIGINAL breeder of White Widow, just as Ras pointed out, just changed the name to differenciate from ALL the other versions of White Widow plus all his other ORIGINAL have new names. The seed company he was with has the names so he changed them when he left and took the mothers with him.

And there are a lot of good fem beans out there. Just go with a trusted brand and even that can be confusing. I may like a breeder that someone else doesn't. I think if you look at other peoples grows and like what they have, get those beans.

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Yeah I know that. Just thought it would be easier to leave them as totally separate from the rest.

It still doesnt help someone who wants fem seeds ;)

Smirnoff make vodka, but so do a shit load of other ppl. It all gets you drunk :coolbounce:

11. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I will say The Reserva Privada OG Kush Fem bean were the first beans I bought and it is my all time favorite smoke. It has an Amazing taste, knock out smell, and the finest High ive experienced. Not cheap though

12. RoninAmok

RoninAmok Excommunicated

I hesitate to open this can of worms. However , and look to the parallels in commercial agriculture and what companies such as Monsanto do.

Selling only feminised seed is a way of maintaining a certain monopoly or attempted monopoly as regards specific genetics in many case. Quite simply if you don't have a male you won't be breedig anything except via the hermie route ( now there's a CAN of worms there).

Oh and keep an eye on the trademark battles as regards seed names and attempts to patent certain seed , it will have far reaching effect that will trickle down to us sooner or later.

For a small glimpse of what's coming at us in this regard I suggest a read of Stoney Girls web site and her ****end user licensing agreement** as references her seedstock and it's purchase.

While you're there y'all should get a barrel of laughs with her claimed finishing times and THC content percentages.

It's not hard to envision some of the pirates currently surfacing in the trade and worldwide community attempting to patent certain strains and requiring a licenisng agreement to grow it , once again reference certain commercial agricultural seed companies.

And then we have BIG Tobacco , once it's legal and they get in there *will* be copyrighting of certain names and patenting of certain strains , they've got the lobbyists and the cash to make it happen.

All this is without even addressing Big Pharma who is salivating over eventually putting it in a capsule and marketing it to every Dr. in the damn land.

EDIT: like an idiot old man I got off on a tangent.

For the O.P. , my advice to you , IF you have the room would be to purchase reliable regular seed from a trusted source. And KEEP your males

of course separately and harvest and store the pollen. At this juncture it may seem like a hassle , however it can pay large dividends down the road and in certain circles is valuable as trade goods for other genetics you might wish to acquire.