First One Here

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by rangerdanger, Apr 22, 2003.

1. rangerdanger

rangerdanger ***Rest in Peace***

Go ahead, bombard me with Q's.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

:wave: High....I'm a newbie to growing outdoors. My question is how close to the :sun: should I keep my plants? :biggrin:

3. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

"LMFAO"...thats a good starter "Q" Herb:biglaugh:.....shooo!,,,"Ok'..Ranger..how do i keep wabbit's away from my out-door grow???...i have a few idea's allready... butt more cant hert:biggrin:

4. northlite

northlite Blazed and Confused

..hehehe. plant lettuce on the opposite side of your garden,BTW French lettuce looks very untidy,scattered around yer borders....:baked: I'm a serious outdoor grower,presently rearing 6 girls, from the surplus bean-bag of Clueless Wanderer,while he tries to get his wicked way with some Thai girls, I've always grown outside, and will be posting some pix soon of this seasons excellent start,the weather in the UK, has been brilliant for the last 6wks, normally my plants are kept in a greenhouse 'til late May,but they've been given a great boost,so fingers crossed for an early smoke.I've got plenty of seed, so I may try an organic grow, as well. I firmly believe in global warming, I left a plant outdoors, last year,the frost & cold finally killed it off in November, it didn't flower for obvious reasons, but I reckon if I'd have alternated, from greenhouse to garden, I could have reaped a Christmas harvest, & that's somethin' else !!!!! for the notorious UK weather....:animbong:

5. rangerdanger

sparky--18" from the surface on the sun.

Btw, did you hear that NASA is going to send a manned mission to land on the sun? (Don't worry, they're going at night.)

Budski, rabbits are tough.

Low-tech--plant garlic all over the place, especially the perimeter of each plant.

More labor-intesive--build a cage of chicken wire around each plant.

Make an Elmer Fudd scarecrow

6. 420solo

420solo Cured Fat Sticky Bud

LOL @ ELmer Fudd Scarecrow!!! My 2 cents for out door organic growing!!! STAY away from Bone Meal, Blood Meal, and almost anything that is a dead animal. Animals are drawn to that like crazy and will dig your grow up to find where that smell is coming from. Also GET A DOG!!!!!

7. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:LOL: @ a dog....what and tie him up at my grow"LMFAO":biglaugh:.....ok i'll do garlic, and mothballs and an elmer fud doll:roll:

8. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

Bone meal is a racoon and opossum magnet.They will finially leave when your plant (roots and all) is laying beside the hole.

9. 420solo

That would keep the rabbits away!!! I mean get a dog so you can just walk with him in hte woods, people are always less suspisious of someone walking a dog. Also go get yoursela a pair of dockers and a henley shirt. I like to look like preppy boy walking in the woods.

10. The Dawg

The Dawg Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

420 I always bring my dawg.When you go to tend your plants bring the dawg and a fishing pole and no one will bother you .I have benn caught trespasing by the owner of the land(wasent growing there but it sayed 25 mins to cut thru his property)and he saw my fishing pole and dawg and asked did you catch anything or are you just heading out to fish.I asked if it was alright to continue to cut thru his property to go fishing(lol)and he said no problem.

As for the animals other than a fence there is no sure way to stop them.ME and my dawg piss around the plants(not on them) and he rubs on the trees and that helps but it washes away pretty quick when it rains.I am going to have to try Rangers Garlic methiod if I ever go back to woods growing.

11. rangerdanger

Dawg-

The night before (if you tend your garden in the morning) or the morning (if you tend your garden in the evening) feed your dog lots of meat.

Take him with you.

Bring a bran muffin.

Feed him the bran muffin when you get to your garden.

Deer, rabbits. etc will smell predator poop and avoid the area.

12. The Dawg

The Dawg Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

thanks ranger I never tried that before.

13. Administrator

18"....cool. I had them at 16" and the top of my hand was a bit warm....I'll drop them down a bit and see what happens ;)

14. 420solo

Herb you should have a fan blowing on the sun too cool it.

15. Administrator

:idea: I have a windmill and a squirrel...will that work?

16. northlite

northlite Blazed and Confused

Nah !,it's got to be a hampster, the squirrels tail will cause a blowback..:baked:

17. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Hey Ranger how many leaves does my plant need before I can cut them off and smoke them, at the moment I only have 6 sets of 3 fingered leaves, is normal? My friends told me that when the leaves turn brown they are ready to harvest, but it's been almost 2 weeks and they are still green. Is there any way I can make them grow faster so I can start dealing sooner? I'm also worried that the Christmas lights I stole from my neibour will stop flashing and they will die, any help would be useful, thanks.

18. rangerdanger

Hey sparky, get that squirrel away from your plants.

The sun will reflect off the squirrel (really just a cute rat) and cause hot spots.

Here's another tip: drink lots of beer and burb on your plants, to provide the extra CO2 so essential for an outside grow.

19. Administrator

ROFLMAO@ Chop and ranger ;) Northie? I am not feeding the squirrel beans at all...is blowback still gonna be a problem?

(Edited by Herbsparky at 10:45 am on April 23, 2003)

20. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

Forget the squirell Herb just get a solar powered 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 cfm blower. 256,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 lumens from your light will keep it running a long time.:cool: