FoxFarm

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Folinsbee, May 31, 2004.

1. Folinsbee

Folinsbee Germinated

Using a organic fertilizer FoxFarm. The label dosn't list maganese. When fertilizing should I add epsom salts?

2. Phishy1

Phishy1 New Sprout

i use fox farm ocean forest soil. not fox farm ferts though a friend of mine used to use fox farm ferts, and he had to supplement magnesium every 3-4 weeks. so yes,most likely. i have to use it quite often with my setup because magnesium is not supplied by guano or kelp.

3. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

NO! Use the FF Big Bloom with FF Tiger Bloom for a complete mixture. Nothing else required. [​IMG] The Tiger is basically incomplete. The BB has what is lacking.

Good growing to you!

4. fishman

fishman Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Use-He still has to veg though! Get PBP cal/mag instead of epsom salt. I use it during veg with ff products. I use OF and the ferts. Though next grow I won't use their ferts anymore. I used epsom the first time I used OF. But only once. In bloom the FF ferts have what you need. If you use both BB and TB.

5. Phishy1

Phishy1 New Sprout

a Phriend and i used to use all fox farm stuff. but had a lot of trouble with them. we found that it is very easy to over-fertilize and nutrient lock-up was a pretty common thing. that was back in the day. now i mix all my own fertilizers. i still use ocean forest soil though. i never buy premixed fertilizers(e.g. 12-6-6 ,4-16-4, 4-16-1) i only but them individually or as close as possible(e.g. 12-1-0, 0-16-0, 0-0-8, 1-10-0) so that way i can give them exactly what they need without giving them what they don't need, therefore greatly reducing the chances of nutrient lock up. since i made the switch, there have been nothing but good results. honesty, once you learn what each one does (N-P-K) it is pretty easy to notice if they need something. it might sound a little complicated but once you get the hang of it, it's like clock work. but even with all these fertilizers, i still have to give them magnesium from time to time. hope this helps.

6. Phishy1

Phishy1 New Sprout

also, that is one of the benefits of growing indoors. you can control Everything. fox farm ferts are not allowing you to have control. if i were you, i would ditch the FF ferts and check out guano's and kelp. about ff ocean forest soil i can't say anything negative about it. it's the ****.

7. hydro convert

hydro convert Developed Alternating Nodes

I would agree with Phishy. I have made the switch from FF ferts, although I did like them. I now use pulverized and fossilized seabird guano...one for veg, one for flower. I do still use FF ferts in my hydro solution although I have been conducting a few experiments with guano teas and have realized limited success. FF Ocean Forest soil can't be beat IMHO but I'm sure there is a competitor out there somewhere that I do not know of. Good Luck, JE

8. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I'm sorry but i MUST Disagree:rolleyes:"FF is one of if not the best of the best:bigok: its very hard too over due the ferts with organics....."LOL" Huh....Bud 3 <<<<<< is shakeing his head in disbelief:eyes: Too each his own i guess they work great fer me!

9. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Fishy, You still want to augment the FF Grow with Big Bloom. I had very good success doing just that...

10. HELL BOY 420

HELL BOY 420 Full Flowering

I agree with the Einstein.It would also increase flowering if you add Liquid Karma and Bat guano to your mix of FF ferts.I also find it interesting that Metas bloom work great when mixed with Age old bloom.And FFgrow works great for veg along with Metas- high nitrogen grow.Mix and match.

11. abis

abis Veggy Stage

I would advise getting worm castings so that you have no micronute deficiencies and for nutes use Metanaturals series of Grow and Bloom ferts that are completely organic and Meta Bloom has Mg to last you through flowering and Meta Grow has all micronutes. You can try Meta Nitrogen Supp. which is 16-0-0, (Herbsparky uses it at the first onset of flowering just once).

If you should run into Calcium problems then there is also Meta Calcium supplement. But I would highly recommend worm castings for veg and maybe Meta Grow or Meta Nitrogen Supp. for the heck of it, but worm castings should be enough and then Meta Bloom for flowering.