Framing question? Grow box.

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

OK, SO I have the idea on the floor, now I know how to frame a wall, but framing a 6'LX4'WX5'H Box all together is a little different, Can someone guide me to a thread with pic on this topic? I am thinking of just adding a extra 2X4 at the inside ends of the walls to have more to nail the sides together. Also double around the door also. I guess I could check around on you tube also. I just want to put together a good box that will be sealed good, I already know how to insulate and all that, just nailing/screwing the sides together with out jerry rigging it. I've put this off for an extra month and need to get it done before the heat sets in and will be to hot in the garage to build...:idea:

2. DXE

DXE Moderator

Check out SPAWNofdxe grow log - my first run - we built a 4x6x5h tent - should be some framing pics there

3. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nice threads Jugg. Somehow I missed those.

JCIO buy some screws, some 2X4's a drill and a circular saw if you don't have them already. A pencil, speed square, and tape measure and off you go.

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

The main issue I had was connecting the 4 wall's, I had pre-built wall's before, just not hooked them together for a room or anything, I figured you would want to use two 2x4's at the end of the wall's, for a good sturdy box and for screwing all the sides together, something like that..:idea: Been a while since I built anything but a rabbit cage :roffl: