FREAKED THE FUCK OUT. guys, I need you NOW!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Cannagirl, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

6 cops just showed up at my door an hour ago. They said one of my neighboors reported that I might be cooking meth or something. Apparently my dumbass neighboor walked by and looked in my window and saw my baby guppy nursery tank and thought it looked like something to cook drugs in. So they show up and tell me that and take all my info and ask if they could come in to take a look. I said I don't condone unwarranted searches and they were like "well it's not really a search". I said "i'm sorry oficer, do you want me to bring the tank outside?". He said no. I said you can test me for meth I have been tested before when I worked for the city. Wasn't really thinking, decided i'd rather test positive for pot then have them come in and find my plants. I moved the plants outta the house but my setup remains. Large hydro set-up. Should I ditch it? I also have bongs and smoking peices and weed or course (less than an ounce which is only a misdemeanor no jail time, just a fine).

What do I do?

Do you think they will come back with a warrant?

I said I was a quiet neighboor, never have had anything more than a speeding ticket. I was very polite, said something about what a great job they were doing in the city, blah blah blah.

Scared SHITLESS. I now know true fear.

HELP. HELP. HELP. please! :( :( :( :(

HappyHappyHighGuy likes this.
  2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Sorry to hear the bad news. If it were me I would probably stop growing for a couple of weeks just to make sure no one showed up at my front door with a search warrant, than I would go and have a talk with my dumb ass neighbor if you know what I mean... Good luck girl!!!

3. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Thanks MR.GJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it's been over 2 hours and no more coppers. I have been reading about warrants and stuff and most places say it would be an hour, maybe a little more, but not much time between showing up and getting a warrant. Also said most officers will obtain the warrant first if they plan to do so, so as not to give the person time to destroy or move the evidence (which I have).

So should I keep the setup? Nothing illegal about having a setup and nutes right? No plants, no crime right? The plants are elsewhere, brothers place. He used to grow and I know I can trust him 1000%.

And the bongs? I am thinking about moving them too, for now at least. Is that getting ahead of myself? Could they obtain a warrant to look for a meth lab, find bongs, and arrest me?

The majority of my weed is in a safe place, I only kept a nug or two and they can be flushed at a moments notice.

Still shaking. Oh my god when they got here. I thought I was in prison for sure. For sure. Scariest event of my entire life. They seemed to believe me, the lady cop did I think. They could see the fish tanks when I opened the door......

wow, this really puts things into perspective.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Girl you better Chill for a while. Cops come knock on your door 4 in the morning and want to check for a meth lab & don't have a warrant.That doesn't sound right.Then you take your plants out & they don't stop you. I would stop growing & get rid of everything.Plus now you know your neighbors are watching you & calling the cops. Yea I think you should Chill for a while .Sorry your plants where looking nice too. Bud

5. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Plants are fine......just at a diff location. All my peices are in my car at the moment, assuming if they did get a warrant for the apt, then they wouldn't search the car....there is nothing in plain site (they can search if they can see something in plain site). Paraphanalia (sp?) is just a civil fine...ive been reading.

The cops in this town literally have nothing to do. I also live a block from the station. I can understand them coming out in the night if someone called suspecting a meth lab. It's a nice area, we don't get too many of those, they probly got excited.

I don't know who it was, for all I know it was just someone visiting, they said it was someone walking by. The setup does look weird, I can see how someone might imagine it being for drugs. I know my close neighboors, don't think it was any of them.....hope not...

The only problem is the setup. I'm rather attached to it...... i'll have to think. Maybe they will never come. Maybe they will....if they do and they see the setup I would obviously never grow at this location again. But...it's not really something they can do anything about, I could be growing tomatoes.

anyways, thanks a bunch for the concern :)

6. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Nosey assed neighbors!

I hope ya made sure the local fucks didn't stick around & watch you haul out your ladies!:icon_confused:

Also... Just to be on the safe side... I'd carefully tear down the hydro setup, pack up your glassware & shit & put it all somewhere safe for now, then sanitize the shit out of everything! If they do come knockin' with a warrant... Don't let 'em find so much as a seed!

You're on their radar now... Stay low!:5headache:

7. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

if you wanted to avoid having to take down the setup, you really could grow tomatoes..or anything you want. I mean, it is obvious by looking at your fish tanks that you're a hobbyist, so it wouldn't even be that suspicous. however, Snick does have a point, you're on their radar..or watch list at least, so don't give em anything. Sorry to hear that Canna, I'd be feaking out too.

snickelfritz and Cannagirl like this.
  8. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Genius.

I saw ur post, ran to the grocery, and got a crapload of those herbs that come with roots attached. Wa la, i'm growing herbs :) The legal kind! :punk: Took 5 minutes literally (it's next door). Great solution.

9. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

:punk: Yeah!

Great thinkin' Link!

Sendin' some green karma ur way! :animbong:

10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Veggy Stage

If those cops have been anywhere near a meth house before, they know you're not cooking meth just from walking up to your door. Meth houses stink like HELL! It smells like pure chemical death! There's really no mistaking the smell, and no hiding it either. I wouldn't worry about it. I can pretty much tell you they know you are a pot smoker just from the fact that you wouldn't let them in your house; pot smokers are the only ones to take the time to learn their rights. They don't care about that though.

If by chance they do come back with a warrant, make sure it says they are looking for "Meth" and not "Drugs", since they already established that to you. My neighbor got screwed on that one. He got raided for meth and got busted for a personal stash of pot. At least they knocked. Around here, they don't even knock; they just kick the door in.

MS

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

So mad, what do I say if they come? Show them my kitchen and how it's nice and clean and I have no chemicals or anything used to make meth?.........

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support. My insides were butterflies all night. I was just about to go to sleep at 1am when they knocked. Now it's 8:30 and i'm still wide awake. I previously had a huge knot in my stomach, now that I have Mr. and Mrs. Butter Lettuce and the basil twins, i'm much more calm :punk:

[​IMG]

(ps, if this were MJ, yes the res would be covered from light, but I was in a rush and I don't care about these plants)

Yeah double that karma for link, you saved me a lot of work/heartache.

12. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Most definately, no one was around. Also, I put them in my hamper because everyone is always carrying their laundry from place to place (no dryer/washers in the units)

And yeah, nosey ass neighbors. I'm like the best possible neighbor to have. I'm quiet, clean, pick up my dogs poop unlike most and keep returning other peoples dogs (i swear no one knows how to keep ahold of their freakin dogs). I have no enemies here and many friends. I wish I knew who it was...........:evil4:

13. Mad Scientist

Sorry Canna, Didn't mean to freak you out more. I'm sure they don't shoot 92 year old women for dealing crack in your neighborhood either; as, they have been known to do that in mine.

MS

14. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

What about 20 year olds? lol.

Anywho, you didn't freak me out more...I was really asking, what do I say?

I'm so much more calm now. I think I was mainly worried about having to lie about the setup if the cops come again. Now that I have the legal plants, I can actually breath again. For the first time last night, smoking made me feel worse rather then better. Thought it would calm my nerves, nope. Also coudln't eat anything even though I was starving. Literally freaking out for 7 hours there.

15. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Canna, my neighbor is a cop. When I first moved in to the new home and was talking to him I thought I could smell weed on his clothes... After a few weeks of talking to him I found out he smokes pot... I was talking to him one day and he admitted it to me that he smokes weed and said that most cops don't really care about the pot smokers because most of the cops think it's not worth busting someone for personal use.. He does not know I smoke or grow!!!! Never ever tell anyone that you grow!!!!! ever!!!!

My point is that you are probably safe but I would lay low for about 2 weeks if possible... good luck girl

16. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

You did the right thing by removing your weeds

You shouldn't have anything to worry about now, but I wouldn't put them back in your house for a while. Glad you didn't get popped :)

How come you haven't gotten a medical card yet? That would give you more protection.

17. Mad Scientist

Sorry Canna, I didn't realize you were actually asking....

Ya don't want your kitchen too clean. I've known of meth-heads that stay up all night cleaning the kitchen... lol

I wouldn't show them anything. Like I said previously, you really can't hide the smell of that shit when it's cooking, so they know you're not cooking meth. If they were coming back, they'd be back by now. They know if you had anything, you would have flushed it all by now anyway.

MS

18. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Is this the same guy that saw ya necked?

Sounds like he needs a nude peep fix.

I would go to the manager and complain about having the cops called.

The best defense is an offense and why why why don't you have a medical recommendation?

You can have 99 plants there where you are sweetie. AFAIK that is.

Get on it and stop the worry girl...

Gee.. Canna you amaze me...

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Ya dont wanna be on the radar....STAY SAFE!

Snick says exactly what im thinking canna...you ARE now on their radar and i'd take the aforementioned advice and STOP your whole grow op for a time till any suspicion that may have arisen goes away.

Iv had similar LEO probs recently Canna hence the reason why my grow thread in GALLERY went to shit,i had to do a midnight flit basically,tore down the grow(thankfully the plants were ready all except the big bang which is now rehoused and ready to chop) and stayed away from the location for a bit,also cleared my home out in case,cantbe too careful.They(LEO) recently mounted one of the largest drug bust ops in scotish history,called OPERATION:ROBUST.

You cant be too careful,i dont know about america but overhere to raid your home they gotta have a judge sign a warrant and for him to do that the LEO must provide reasonable suspicion that summits going on,now i dont know if you refusing them entry is 'reasonable suspicion' but all the same i'd stick to growing legal plants and herbs for a while just in case they KNOW your doing some sort of cutlivating,etc.Its a bitch and i feel for ya having suffered from numerous busts over the years myself so i know the feeling but your lucky cos its almost like they have tipped you off unwittingly,my door just got broke down and they stormed my house like stormtroopers:eek:...even strip searched my 14 year old(at the time) sister who was only stayin with me on holiday,i was soo angry that day i tell ya!

:stop: STAY SAFE CANNA!Nosy neighbours are the worst,a little tip for ya... WATCH WHAT YOU THROW OUT IN YOUR TRASH COS YOU NEVER KNOW IF A NOSY NEIGHBOUR IS GOING THROUGH IT OR EVEN LEO! (i swap my trash with my neighbours EVERYTIME,lol,sad but has to be done!)Cheers:smokin:

20. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Thanks mad :)

Well Randy, I don't have a med card because I am a terrible liar with no guts when talking to people (last night I had to try so hard not to break down, desperately trying to keep my voice from shaking, and they wanted in. Trying to manipulate me "this isn't really a search") and I don't know where to go. You probly do though......where can I go? Or if ya don't, anyone with specific instructions on how to go about getting one and where? I have stomach issues with nausea. I have had Zofran prescribed and it doesn't even always do that trick despite being so expensive. Weed helps, maybe that would cut it?

Yeah I think I might complain, it was a pretty unwarranted move. You would have to be a complete idiot to mistake what I had for a meth lab, I know I said it was understandable, well, it would have had to be a stretch...or someone was trying to get me kicked out if they found something else. Only thing I can think of that I might have done to piss someone off is I vacuumed at 4:30am. I spilt fish food everywhere and I just couldn't walk away and leave it. But I never have loud music (i'm kinda noise sensitive), I am not mean to people..........beyotches. Whoever did it sucks.