FUCK

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Mar 6, 2018.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

My dam electric bill tripled this month first month with everything running it was $186 just electric-Bud

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

You are running a couple of 600's right ? That seems like a hell of an increase for those. Is your electric any cheaper if you run at night ?

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

only running 1 600w hps and couple t5's a little electric heater 6'' inline fan and a little fan-Bud

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

The stuff you got running shouldnt cause that much, maybe a small hike. I got a 600 w hps, a 400w hps, a 300 w led and another 255 w led a 375 cfm inline fan and some flows and not that much notice to my electric bill except running heat last 2 months off and on and hurricane power increase to fix all the stuff that got fucked up in southern states.

Could there be a rate increase? Some states/places do it this time of year cause everyone used more cost to make electric for heat and hurricaine/storm's dammage repair.

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Bet is the heater how many watts does it pull? You’d be surprised how much juice one small space heater can use. I’d expect a 600 watt room plus 300-500 watts of T5 to run about $100/month

Duc

HeadCase likes this.
  6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

The grow is running me $ 120 more a month-Bud

7. ducrider

I’m not sure how large of a heater you’ve been using or if it’s thermostatically controlled but a small 125watt panel heater would do the trick and be much more efficient to run.

ResinRubber and HeadCase like this.
  8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

it is real small not sure the watts I'll check later-Bud

9. ducrider

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

[​IMG]it's 1500 watts and it's only 7"X 7" big I didn't think it was that many watts

11. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Heaters be a bitch on pull. You should set a timer for it to be off during lights on and dial back the airflow to capture heat from your HPS too. It helps a ton.

Herb and Mrgreengenes like this.
  13. ducrider

Or get one of these and program it to come on when the room hits 68. That should be enough of a buffer to keep the room from dropping below 63-65 before the heater catches up.

D7C46AB2-E7C7-4C70-A39F-1771D421655D.jpeg

HeadCase likes this.
  14. ducrider

I’m my small room I use two of those outlets. One for the panel heater and the other to bring on the exhaust fan for when the hps is lit.

HeadCase likes this.
  15. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This is the one I have for air flow hooked to my fan.

HeadCase likes this.
  16. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Glad I stopped using electric heaters in my grow it cut my bill for total electric to $96 this month-Bud

Herb, ducrider and bigbudztoo like this.
  17. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

I recently had to do a fuel cost analysis on our farm electricity and propane were the same at ~$3.75/therm and pellets were $1.20/therm. My grow room has a pellet stove :pimp:

Herb likes this.
  18. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Pellet stove...nice. :beerchug: