G.I.T tables

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Grown in Tx., Mar 7, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Well I think my next harvest is gonna be fucked. I have been noticing some abnormal growth on my flowering plants, some were stretching with just a few weeks left before harvest. I have a"tamper proof timer controlling a 250 hps, the dial is against the cover plate of the plug outlet. It was hanging up and not able to turn freely fuckin up my light schedule. It mainly affected 2 plants, the bubba kush didn't seem to mind but 1 Dabney and 1 rhino freaked out a little. Looks like allot of hash and bho when I chop that table.

3. Grown in Tx.

Ok, the table turned into a bunch of fluff, I'm just hoping to be able to get high off that harvest, definitely gonna get a bunch of kief and bho because all the buds stretched trying to revert to veg. The ants killed 2dab's and one cotton candy and the lights turned one bubba kush into a pollen sack.

Good news is I got the rooms eradicated from pest and bad times, it set me back a little but it's done

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That sucks. But you're gonna have some killer concentrates for awhile. Got lemons? Make lemonade!

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Set backs are a sad part of this endevour.... But you at least have some oils

6. friendlyfarmer

I just planted a bunch of clones and when I plugged in the pump for the table into the outlet it didn't make contact but I didn't notice until the next day. All cuts wilted over. Wondering if I lost the whole table. I make mistakes. Seem to be making a career of it.

7. Grown in Tx.

Yup, plenty of concentrates and time to think about causes and prevention.

I got a heavy duty industrial timer I can run 220v to and string a few plugs for the lights, I just never liked the idea of all the lights being on 1 timer. After this, I think it's better for them all to go out rather than having one screw up.

8. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

don't feel bad, I had a $20 "professional grade" timer stick on me 2 months ago and cost me 7k

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I use two of these timers. One for over 5 years and never had a problem. It has to be wired in and out, but it's pretty simple, and will handle 40 amps. Lowes or Home Depot.

--Intermatic T101R--

Of course, they're not just plugged into the wall. Each is wired to an independent 30 amp breaker in the box. They only work lights and devices when lights are on.

Be Cool, CG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  10. Grown in Tx.

CC, I definitely didn't lose anywhere near that,7k damn.

CG that's the style I now have. I plan on running 220 to it with a 30 amp breaker and eventually having 3 plugs for 6 lights.

I managed to get a half oz of bud off the bubba kush plant, about an oz of fluff that is ridiculously loaded with kief. I have gotten over 2 grams of kief from the plant( thanks to my new trimming tray) and will get at least a gram and a half of wax from it as well. I'm hoping the Dabney we'll be a little more.

11. CREATIVE GARDENER

:thumbsup: I just make sure I set mine at just under 12 hrs on. The few minutes difference won't matter. It's nice having multiple outputs that can handle plenty of load too.

Be Cool, CG

12. Grown in Tx.

cranking it back up

I got some clones ready and i got the timer for the flower tables ready so here i go. My new plan is concentrating 1250 total hps wattage on only one 3x3 table with smaller plants. I just don't have enough light to spread over 2 tables and i wasn't getting the dense buds i should have been getting. So i figure I'll scale back for a harvest or two. Also thinking about switching from useless' formula to Lucas' formula. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated as always

13. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

wattage aint got sizzle to do with dense buds, maybe a fraction of what the perfect enviorment does for them....73-80F is perfect and around 40-50% humidity, great airflow and air exchange.....PH perfect and ppm perfect is where you get the weight and denseness

if you get more than a 10 degree swing from off to on temps your also going to have a problem getting things solid and to perform at their best

14. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Hope everything goes well. I got a 4x4 table that you're welcome to if the 3x3 isn't big enough for you.

15. Grown in Tx.

Thanks for the offer Jugg, unless it's just in your way and you don't want it anymore i can make do with what i got.

CC i have never checked my ppm, everything else i have in check. I am on well water though and I'm sure my ppm is pretty high.

Does the ppm have that much influence on getting denser buds?

16. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

It's just sitting in my garage. I can't use it, doesn't suit my space.

17. friendlyfarmer

ppms are just how much stuff is dissolved in the water. can affect bud density but lower on the list of other things that affect bud density. Sort of a necessary but not sufficient type thing. Top of the fluff bud list I think is high heat, light too close and day/night temp differential.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  18. Grown in Tx.

The only time i have big temp swings like that are on really cold days, which we don't have allot of here. I don't think switching to Lucas' formula is gonna solve the density issue but it will save a little $. I believe I'm getting enough "fresh air" and have plenty of air movement. I am hoping the extra light wattage will do the trick. I need to replace my ph tester and purchase a ec meter. My son brought over some Bubba kush that is so dense it would knock a knot on your head if i threw it at ya. That's what I'm aiming for (tight buds not your head).

19. CREATIVE GARDENER

I've never gotten really rock hard buds from my tables or the DWC buckets. Now I can have the same strain in soil in the same room and get shit as hard as golf balls. But the hydro grows much bigger, faster, finishes earlier and produces more weight by far.

Maybe if I let them go another 7-10 days they would firm up more. But to me, if their done it's time to come on out and make room for the next round. In a years time that's another flowering cycle.

It's impossible for me to keep temps within 10 degrees, especially in the winter, the old house just isn't built for it. I shut the tables down in the winter and go strictly soil until spring so maybe the fluctuation has a more dramatic affect on hydro. But a 20+ swing still gets me very solid buds in the soil.

Good luck dude!!:thumbs-up:

Be Cool, CG

20. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

A long slow dry/cure at low temps and moderate humidity will allow light buds to tighten up. I'm talking over several weeks. It ain't gonna fix airbuds, but the ones that are just a bit off can be fixed pretty easily with proper handling.

The longer you can stretch the drying process the better the results.

BTW...over 100 watts psf is way overkill. Working range for a good flower garden should be 65-100w HID psf. If temps are in range, and you're already in that wattage zone, something else is going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015