G.I.T tables

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Grown in Tx., Mar 7, 2014.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

1 more PPP turned out to be male, damn thing was 5'2 tall. My horse looked at me funny when I tossed it on her evening hay. That leaves 2 5 footers and 1 3 foot PPP left. The sage plants are being flushed and are well over 3 foot tall with heavy branches full of bud. I'm hoping for at least 3oz from each one of those 4.

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

damn i wish I had a horse.

3. Grown in Tx.

Out in veg room this morning, thinking about lighting and air conditioning in the flower room. I came to the conclusion that I am going to have get away from the bare bulb and go to closed hoods that are vented to the outside. My whole reason for the 2 expansions were for heat, I figure it's easier to cool off more warm air than a smaller amount of hot air. Some don't agree but I've proven it to myself in my grow rooms. Problem now is with the extra space and new set up, I'm adding more plants/lights and more heat to cool with a window unit a/c. It's the only thing i can think of to do.

4. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, I've always used vented hoods. I grow upstairs in an old house and it gets hot as hell in the summer. I just think it's easier on the AC if I go ahead and pull the hottest air out of the room and cool the rest. If I tried to cool without hoods it would take a much bigger AC unit working it's ass off.

None of us have the exact same setup and conditions as others, so you have to customize things for what you've got to work with. Usually involves trial and error till we get it right, or as close a we can.

I also have it set up so I can have the air thru the hoods pulled from the veg room if I want. That allows me to pull fresh air thru the veg area and only run CO2 in the flower areas.

Good luck!!

Be Cool, CG

5. Grown in Tx.

Any suggestions on cheap place for hoods? That's a good idea pulling air from the veg room

6. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Last time I bought a hood, I checked the Hydro Shop for used ones. They had mine for like $60 for a 6" vented one.

I quit going hoods because vertical bare bulb is really easy to cool as long as you have enough fans circulating air around the flower space. With 2 $50 fans I can cool 3 600w bare bulbs through most the year.

7. Grown in Tx.

Disco how big is your room? It's easy enough to cool em but it's hard on the a/c.

8. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Careful doing that. You may need to cool off the flower room more than the veg room. I have this system currently rigged and there are times when I need to turn the air exchange fan down for the veg room cuz it's too cold, but want it up all the way in the flower room cuz it's too hot. If your flower room pulls air from your veg room it can be hard balancing this. Also the air in the veg room will be warmer than outside/ambient/household air, so it will do less cooling in the flower room.

I have set up two rooms with linked flower and veg room, and if I can I prefer to keep them separate. In a new space (7X11X7) I set up three tables with three 4' 8 bulb t-5 rigs. It's been 90 degrees in there, even with a 6" fan running full blast! Don't want to use that air to cool anything. I will get the temps down in there, but the point is the veg room air can be warm.

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah, 3 of the T-5 rigs with 8 bulbs is going to get pretty hot. The room I pull air thru the flower hoods from is all T-8 fixtures and a few cfls which are a lot cooler. The outside air comes thru a window in the very next room and I keep a fan pulling in the doorway in between so it flows pretty quickly. The T-5s are in another veg area on the other side of the house.

Be Cool, CG

10. Grown in Tx.

I can pull fresh air from outside the room but inside the barn and exhaust it to the outside on the other side of the room no big deal. My main goal is more lights and less heat for the a/c to cool off. I know o need a BIG window unit but i don't have the $600 to drop on that right now.

Probly I just need to calm down and concentrate on the 2 tables I have going, maybe add 1 more table when I replace the a/c in a couple weeks

11. CREATIVE GARDENER

Do you run your flower lights at night? That's something I've always done cause the cooler night air really makes a difference here. It would get sooo fucking hot running in the daytime I'd have to have twice the AC units.

Spending a shit load on AC this late in the year seems a waste but you might find a good deal and the price will go up in the spring. Maybe your horse will eat that PPP plant and shit you a pile of money to buy one.:roffl::roffl:

Good luck getting it worked out!!

Be Cool, CG

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Just go throw some spores down and make it happen. LOL

I too have always ran my lights during night. Shit even nights here in TX can be 90+, still better than the day time though.

13. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah, I live in the Appalachian Mts. A lot cooler here. And no, I'm not a hillbilly redneck, I'm an "Appalachian American", thank you!!:roffl:

Be Cool, CG

14. Grown in Tx.

Night time all the way, year round, it works reverse in the winter for the cold nights.

15. Grown in Tx.

I harvested the 4 S.A.G.E plants, got 5.75 oz off 3 medium sized (3')and 1 that was a little smaller. I wish I would have waited the full 10 weeks, but I got excited and pulled them at 9 weeks judging them by the red hairs.

It turned out to be a good creeper. I smoked about a half joint before I started feeling it and put it out, and within 6 or 7 minutes I was wishing I would have stopped at about 5 hits. it's a nice, active uppity type buzz like last time, I just pulled it a week early.

also it makes a golden crumbly butter type wax :coolbounce: finally.

really good stuff that hits with an immediate high and then a hard stone that comes in waves after a couple minutes when hit out of a bong rig. out of a vape pen it's a heavier version of the bud that puts you to sleep if you smoke to much.

16. Grown in Tx.

I cleared out the bottom 1/3rd of the 8 plants in my flower table last night. Only took me a week and some reassurance from Mr G to get the balls to do it. I kept thinking man that is a lot of hash that's not gonna be there come harvest time. But I'm left with a bunch of tops from each plant now that should put out some nice bud.

The sage, cured for 3 weeks is pretty nice. Smooth smoke from a joint or the first few hits from a pipe, not sure how to to describe the smell, it's not stinky but it does have some skunky undertones. The high is nice, not a couch lock but will make you want a nap if you smoke to much.

17. Grown in Tx.

practicing top pinching in veg

[​IMG]

humidity clone dome, and a cloning/rooting project just putting the cuttings in a jar of water. this method takes 4 weeks to root

[​IMG]

at 3 weeks you can see the white bumps

[​IMG]

shot of the veg tables before I swapped the plants in the 2 back tables

[​IMG]

18. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Very clean!

19. CREATIVE GARDENER

Looks good!! Do you ever put a little air stone in the jar of water. A lot of times if I have clones waiting for a spot in the cloner I'll keep a little pump and a stone hooked up for a few minutes a day. If I leave it very long the bubbles evaporate away the water pretty fast.

But they're starting to root for sure.

Be Cool, CG

20. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Nice looking setup, GIT. Bet that pinching pays off nicely for you.

BBT