Georgia Mom Shoots Attack Defending Her kids

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Jan 6, 2013.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

First let me say...Fox sucks but great story...Force multiplier is correct, this woman is a hero for saving her kids

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/georgia-mom-home-alone-with-kids-shoots-ex-con-intruder/

A Georgia mother shot an ex-convict six times to protect her and her children after he apparently forced his way into the family’s home.

The mom heard knocks on her front door Friday and assumed it was just a solicitor, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

She told her 9-year-old twins not to answer the door and, when the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at his job and he told her to gather the children and hide.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.”

- Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman

According to the Journal-Constitution, the father then dialed 911 and his wife, who works from a home office, hid with the children in a crawlspace.

By that time, according to the paper, the intruder had used a crowbar to forcibly enter the home, and made his way to the home office.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater, who has arrests dating to 2008 and was released from jail in August, was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

While down, the woman and her children ran to a neighbor’s house, and the injured intruder made it out of the home and into his car, the paper reported.

Authorities found Slater a short time later bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.

“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.

Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06/georgia-mom-home-alone-with-kids-shoots-ex-con-intruder/#ixzz2HEO1tSz2

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

wait 3 .38 slugs point blank in the face and neck and hes still breathing????? Give me my .45 ACP 1911.... the first one wouldve blown half the back of his head off.... the others would remove his head completely....

BUT AWESOMENESS TO THE MOM.... the 2nd ammendment as it was intended

3. nippie

Yep and I'm sure it will be in prison:thumbsup:

Can you imagine the shit he'll catch from other inmates

Let this be a lesson....never use ball ammo, always hollowpoints for self defense :admin:

BB....5 shots!!!! I'm sure they were in and outs though...which I'm sure fucked his face for life

4. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I can't believe dude is still alive. He's one lucky mf.

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

always JHPs when loaded for defense.... only put ball ammo at the range

edit: and the first 2 rounds in each magazine are 230 grain jacketed hollow points that are serrated and loaded with a +P charge. so the have the weight of ball ammo 230 grains and the velocity of 185 grain hollow points.... thats one bad ass round

6. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

I love my .45 1911. It's a big, slow, man stopping round.

Peace.....

7. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Wow, an article where a gun actually proves useful. What a rarity. You must have been stoked.

You are much more likely to be a victim of gun violence in America than to use one in self-defense.

I guess I could just post ALL the shooting articles from the US I find on the internet. Wonder how many we'd have of each type?

:passsit:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Whether its a knife,hammer or baseball bat....or gun:gat: Glad the woman had the balls to defend her kids,although having put 5 in him i wouldnt have ran to a neighbours to let him flee.Id have been filming that shit on my phone for youtube:roll:

9. nippie

:roffl::roffl::roffl:

Hank, weapons are used for self defense daily in this country, it usually stops violence from happening...you know like when a cop gets out a gun, everyone kinda stops what they are doing.

But yes, a gun saved this woman from being raped and killed in her own home.

I wanna see dudes scars though:flipando:

10. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

It's really quite sad that you and so many others think the gun problem in America is so funny.

They are used more for offense than defense, afaik.

11. nippie

Hank...I personally have had a weapon on someone before didn't have to shoot, but I probably would have died if I didn't have my weapon on me.

I know I very dear person in my life that was beaten and killed without the use of a gun because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He owned a gun, but didn't have it own them. If he did he would still be alive.

You understand that they save some people's lives do you not?

Besides reforms are underway, most make sense so far, but you are way out of the loop in your line of thinking.

It's almost like talking to a born again about Jesus...no shit..not trying to insult you with that, but your views are so extreme there's no compromise, only because of you...do you not see that? You should really open your line of thinking to include other's viewpoints....or at least try to understand were they are coming from

BTW, laughing about the youtube comment....yea it was funny and pretty sure even AP meant it to be funny

12. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sure, they save some people's lives, but they victimize a LOT MORE people than they save.

My views are not extreme at all. It's this bizarre love of guns and denial of they damage they cause in American society that is so extreme. The rest of the world looks on in disbelief.

Love the religious reference btw. That's exactly how I feel about you and people with your viewpoint. Guns seem to have some kind of sacred quality to you all. Criticizing them brings a backlash of religious like intensity.

We'll see what kind of reforms happen. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for anything meaningful to happen in that area.

13. nippie

you say it damages American Society....I say it's part of American Society

there lies the problem, as we both are correct

friendlyfarmer likes this.
  14. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I know one thing, I've been on almost every continent and in a hell of a lot of countries, also including a good amount of the US, and ive never needed a gun. I also do not stay on the tourist path either. Attitude gets you every where in general. Otherwise if someone wants to jack you, they will one way or another, usually without you knowing before it is too late to pull your weapon. Criminals aint idiots when it is their job.

15. nippie

Lion you must not be to well traveled...I've been in neighborhoods were just being white was a crime and you better watch your ass.

And we all are criminals are we not? Or at least were at one point?

Robbery is a capital offense in my book, you gonna rob me or try, there's a real problem....call it stupidity or pride, but I ain't a bitch, and I'm not getting robbed either one way or another.

Now that I am stable and a family man, not to much to worry about in the burbs....but you're nuts if you don't think there's places were you need a gun in this country...hell most major cities, and you need others to know that you have a gun on you so you don't wind up missing.

Don't kid yourself....go to the innercity at night...I'd put money youd get robbed if you were there more than an in and out. Not sure what part of the country you come from, but yea there's some dangerous parts of this country.

But that's where Hank is somewhat correct....the gun violence causes you to have a gun in the first place....but you can't disarm America because it's part of America and restricting the rights of normal folks to have guns to control inner city violence is asinine and somewhat racist....but it's true.

The vast majority of gun violence is inner city drugs..etc etc, the vast majority of gun owners are white surb or country. How can you punish one group to control the other?

BTW, not trying to say all gun violence is innercity, we white males kill in Mass when we kill...we just don't do it as often...but when you hear of a mass murderer..its usually white

16. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Obviously, they are a part of American society.

The problem is that there are way too many guns and access to them is way too easy, as I've said maaaaaannnnny times.

Here's a few good ideas taken from some site I found. The "problem" is that not even the first one on the list could be accomplished.

• Banning handguns. Handguns are the cause of most of our gun-related problems. Banning them will greatly reduce the number of people dying each year.
    • Banning the manufacture and sale of "junk" guns.
    • Banning assault weapons. These weapons are extremely dangerous and should not be in the hands of regular citizens.
    • Regulating all gun sales. Guns should be allowed to be sold only by licensed dealers.
    • Requiring that all gun owners obtain a license. This will provide information on gun owners.
    • Screening of gun-license applicants. Effective screening can be used to try to keep guns out of the hands of those who are a risk to themselves or others.
    • Requiring that all guns and ammunition be registered. This will provide information on the guns and ammunition owned by the gun owners.
    • Requiring gun education. Requiring gun purchasers to take lessons in gun safety can prevent many accidents.
    • Requiring that all handguns be equipped with safety devices. This will help prevent unintentional gun deaths among children.

Edit: Just like to add that regulating the gun manufacturers would the first thing to do. Reduce the number being made or imported into the US should be first priority, imo.

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I am very well traveled. I was called Lion without prompting by Jaimacans, treated with respect by the side alley Italians, had bloody soccer matches with Hungarians and Austrians, and had drunken karaoke nights in a Japanese hotel. I went to places way beyond tour groups, and the only people who need a gun are those that have to use one. The rest of us get along just fine.

18. nippie

Dude, what's left a musket? Education and all that I agree with...but you think we should have muskets?

Banning handguns...tell me again how that is working in Chicago?

19. nippie

Lion...bad people exist in the world, they really do. People that would rob and beat you, just because your white...here in America...happens tens of thousands of times a year and not reported.

The wrong people will kill you over a few thousands dollars, make no doubt...some for just looking at them wrong

Like I said, I have no worries now and haven't had issues besides being in places long ago that I knew I shouldn't be in..but don't act like guns don't keep you safe. I KNOW this to be a fact.

Lost a good friend after he was robbed because they thought he had 5k on him...hit in the head a few times with a bat to get him to talk...when they found him, he was brain dead. He died 4 days later.

Dont be naive or act like we can all get along. I don't have to do things like that anymore, but some people live like that everyday. They have a right to defend themselves. I rarely carry a gun anymore because I have a family and live in the suburbs, but I always know where one is

20. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Can we get Hank a big ole glass of (EDITED for content), thanks guys

Drink up...