Ghetto Cloning 1.0

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Midnight Garden, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Made myself a cloner today. Kinda ghetto looking but it is what it is! I trimmed my outdoor stuff today because it was getting too tall again. I decided to just take the stuff I trimmed and try to clone some of it for my indoor grow this fall. No fancy trimming of the leaves, just cut, root tone, and place in cloner under a T5 light. There are 4 Afgoo, 4 Kandy Kush and 4 Green Crack. The plant in the bag is a BC God bud that I plan on growing out for a mother.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

fan leaves....lol

are you trying to clone fan leaves????? probably not...just looks like it....they are big....very big...:roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl: :roffl:

3. Midnight Garden

Not really fan leaves, I just whacked off about a foot of each plant and took that and stuck it in some root tone and then into the cloner, nothing fancy here. It will either work or it won't. Experimenting is the fun part. If it doesn't work I have access to all the clones I want, I am after all, in a med state.

4. Midnight Garden

I'm scared of that!

5. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

WHAT WHAT WHAT?????

:passsit:

6. Midnight Garden

And about 12 hours later everyone is perky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

LOLOLOLOL

You call that Getto?

HA Im the King of getto...see tokers grow room thread last few posts illustrate king of getto cloning..

Na man compared to mine yours is the taj...:thumbs-up:

8. Midnight Garden

Wilt due to pump heat

Well, the heat from the pump fucked them up. I did look at the stem structure today and there are root nubs forming though. I am going to freeze a bunch of liter soda bottles with water and put them in there and also add about a half a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and see what happens. I love experiments!

[​IMG]

9. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

ghetto huh?

Try dirt and a milk jug or my favorite

Rinse the coating off of a centrum or any other multi vitamin drop it in a cup of water stick the cuttings in it and put it in the window sill. That's ghetto a multivitamin in a glass of water:roffl:

Midnight Garden likes this.
  10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I had the same problem in the summer months pump heating water. You can try and cycle the pump on a timer to cut down on heat I have heard but never tried it.

I think it was ab who I scared a little but I found a way to make it work decent and last a lot longer than putting ice or bottles of ice in the cloner.

I set mine in the bathtub. Run cold water till its about three inches up on the outside of the cloner. The cold water by quantity in the tub lasts a hell of a long time and keeps the temps down.

cheers

t6

11. Midnight Garden

Thanks Mt king, that's ghetto for sure!

Thanks T6, but you're too late. I just got through putting my ice jug in there. It's only about five gallons of water in there. This is more of an experiment than anything. I'm planning on doing a full blown hydro this winter if the money is right. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone, learn a little about hydro this way and do it with clones. If I fuck everything up I'm not too worried about it.

12. Midnight Garden

And No Ghetto Cloner Would be Complete...

Without a ghetto chiller! I also added about a third of a bottle of hydrogen peroxide to kill any nasties brought on by the heat. I think things are rapidly going downhill though because several of the clones are green but crispy. Crispy ain't good unless it's your brain!

Ghetto Chiller

[​IMG]

Nubs

[​IMG]

Jets

[​IMG]

13. Midnight Garden

That went well...

NOT! Damned ice melted in about an hour and a half. Back to the drawing board! I think I am going to try what you suggested T6.

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

When you do this monitor the temps. The higher the water on the outside of the cloner the cooler it will stay. Like I stated about three inches up on mine it stayed longer than 24 hours.

If your stem tips are getting soft your too late. Time to start over.

Good luck

t6

15. Midnight Garden

This system was a complete fail. I could not overcome the issues that were created by the heat from the pump. All of the clones here ended up crispy and dead. I moved on to Ghetto Cloning 2.0. See this thread. Thanks to everyone that gave their input!

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43348