GK Meet-n-Greet/NAGC 2011

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's been decided! The date and State for the 2011 Gk meet-n-Greet and North American Growers Cup has been selected.

When: Weekend of July 22, 2011

Where: Central Colorado

The States on the ballot for 2011 were California, Colorado, Maine, North Carolina and Oregon. It was a close vote and Colo was selected for a second year. This gives us one more year to fine tune our efforts then take this show on the road to other regions.

This will be a wilderness camping event. There is a possibility of a small cabin and limited electricity but don't count on it. Be prepared for living in a tent in the high country and enjoying the great outdoors surrounded by 14,000 foot peaks. For those lacking the correct gear, let us know and between Rky and myself we should be able to outfit folks on a limited first come first served basis. Arrangements for transport can be made for anybody flying in. The nearest major airport is Denver with local service to Aspen.

A few rules for anybody considering attending.

Attendees must have a GK join date previous to July 2010 AND have posted a grow *or* a have join date previous to Jan 2009 AND 500 posts. Guests of attendees are welcome but only upon previous committee approval.

Pets are welcome abiding by Colorado Forest Service guidelines. It would be a shame to have a run in with local rangers because of a pet violation. Remember, pets MUST be socially comfortable with other animals. There will be large dogs so if your pet is a snack for a Pit or 90lb retriever you might want to think twice.

Fire arms- Many attendees own and enjoy the use of fire arms. We do not limit the carrying of firearms within Colorado State guidelines. Any use or discharge MUST take place well away from camp. If we can hear you, you're too close. Use of firearms while impaired or near camp will result in immediate ejection. Fuck with this one and this one armed old bastard will beat your ass.

Alcohol- "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life". If you drink, do so responsibly and tend to your empty cans or bottles appropriately.

Cannabis- We request that any single attendee not registered as an MMJ user in the state of Colorado restrict personal possession to one ounce or less. This is to remain under State Statute for for petty offense carrying a $100 fine with no appearance. Link to Colorado State Statute>>http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4526 Please please read this if you are coming from out of state.

Within Colorado possession for under one ounce is a violation of less than a traffic ticket. If we stay smart and work within the system risk is minimal. Start selling or carrying poundage and you put us all at risk. Please respect your fellow GKers and their guests by being smart.

Cup event- Open to all attendees who are GK members. The bud entered must have been grown by your own hand. This is an honor system.

Judging will be done by all in attendance by secret ballot. Buds will be rated according to: Appearance, Aroma, Taste, Effect/Potency on a 1-10 scale in each category. The bud with the highest cumulative score will be deemed the winner.

Local activities include trout fishing (Useless will be your guide..last year's success rate will ensure that you're NOT eating fish for dinner), off roading, hiking, summer skiing/boarding, mountain biking, for motorcycle riders the finest biking in the world and burning some of the finest weed GKers can put out. Pick one, add in the last and how can you lose?

There will be door prizes, an award plate to the NAGC winner crafted by yours truly, Meet-n-Greet T-shirts and Hoodies available and good fun for all. (We'll get you guys a cost on the shirts) Final location will be available only to qualifying attendees via e-mail and will NOT be posted publicly due to security precautions. If you are interested in attending please PM Rky, AJ or me and we'll get you the email contact.

Much thanks go out to: Rky, Joe, Pharm, Useless, T6, Geo, MrAstro, Headcase (Bud) and the admin team for getting us this far and your support. Cheers guys.

2. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

that is great news! I will be in the States during July and only a short drive away :flyy: Now I just have to figure out a way to mail my entry......

3. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Sounds like a blast. I just might be able to swing it. I miss the mountains. I was born in the Pueblo area. Don't remember living there, but I've visited often.

Do you have to have a license to fish there? Would an out of state license be acceptable? Would love to try my hand at the trout. Usually I hit the Gulf for speckled trout and red drum. Didn't this year due to the spill. As soon as the Gulf warms back up, on the reef I'll be.

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

HI jugg yes you need a out of state colorado license buts its pretty cheap but there is a time for the mailing and processing if you do it by mail. They can also be purchased by vendors along the route for faster time.
    Teamster6

5. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

The Great State Of Alaska

Damn man. Did Alaska even get a vote? This place is gorgeous and the weed is legal. Hell, I got lotta room in my house and people could stay with me. It would be summer, which is NICE camping weather here. Nice campfire and passing around herbs. Also, I have land, we could just camp outside. I do that sometimes in the summer. There would be like 20 hours of nice warm sun. Nobody comes on my land. We'd be so safe! Check out Denali National Park and camp there if you want. It's only the highest mountain in North America.

6. JuggaloKing420

Thanks, t6! The wife doesn't want to go, but I'm 'green' lighted to go by myself. So unless disaster happens, I'll be there!

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

8. JuggaloKing420

Thanks again, t6. That link helps a ton.:anibong:

9. Tiger Shark

Tiger Shark Profoundly Deep

Sweet. A couple of comments/questions:

1) Not to be picky but....NORTH AMERICAN Growers Cup? If it's just a name that's fine, but how are you laying claim to this kind of jurisdiction? Will there be other than GK people?

2) Central Colorado. Does that mean that Denver would be the airport of choice? Or would it be a different airport?

Anyways I think it's cool that you are getting an early start on things. I wish I could say that I will be there, but I will have to see how the work schedule works itself out. I will definitely try, and I will be happy to help Useless with the fishing.

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Hell ill be there if i can swing it. I really think this a way better time than sept. n the cooler weather. I was planning on goin there this spring to check out the state n see if i really wanna move there, but im sure me n the miss will change our plans for this. Only bad thing is i might not be able to toke with my fellow GK'ers on this one.... Man this is gonna be the shit.

TS- man the name was took last year n if im not wrong RR has the website claimed and name also legaly. IDK might be talkin out my ass on that one but i thought thats what he said last year...

11. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

This sounds too good to pass up. Might have to take advantage and fly on down from north of the border!

12. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Lion's Lady has said, "We will see. If we do go I am going to visit my friend while you play with yours."

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

We own northamericangrowerscup.com and have the name incorporated in case we ever want to get bigger. Nothing there yet as I don't use it. Just wanted to lock it up in case. Jurisdiction is because nowhere is anybody doing a Cup for growers regardless of legality of the contestants. Some day it would be nice to go viral and open it up to anybody desiring to attend...but until we have a legal state that's only a wish. Besides, it's our fun...we can call it anything we wish. The original Cannabis Cup event was nothing more than a few writers on an Amsterdam lark. After a few years it became what we are familiar with today. They had no more veracity than us.

yup Denver is the nearest major hub.

Boa- That was me last year...all that sweet bud and me watching....damn damn damn. You'll survive.

14. Tiger Shark

Tiger Shark Profoundly Deep

Very cool. OK. Hopefully one day, somebody will say, "Hold up there slick. I have some pretty good bud if I do say so myself, and I'd like to get into this here contest."

15. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

im there. now I am going to search high and low for a super bomb strain to grow out and enter!!

thanks Res, Rky, Joe, Pharm, Useless, T6, Geo, MrAstro, Headcase (Bud) and anyone else I may have forgotten

this is gonna be awesome. if i'm invited that is....you will all be hearing from me if not!! jk:roffl:

16. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

You guys are guna have to beg me to come this year......someone has to love me somewhere in GK land?!?! :rofl6:

I been itchin for a road trip since last years meet

17. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Boa- That was me last year...all that sweet bud and me watching....damn damn damn. You'll survive. Dont believe a thing Res says about that boa there is no freakin way he could not have been sniffing the fumes!!!

Teamster6

18. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

CC, Ill fly to Pitts and we'll hit the open American road to the Rockies...

19. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I know a couple of the new folks will be disappointed.

Anyway, like Boa, I was going to come out that way in the spring, but I'll see if I can change that and come out later. I may take the train. I hear it's a nice ride through the Sierra's and Rockies.

By the way, how long is the drive from Colorado Springs to Denver?

20. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

45 min.

That'd be real cool if you could make it.