GK Meet-n-Greet/NAGC 2011

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Man oh man oh man.........NAGC was my idea to start a Cup event that would eventually be open to invited Growsites competing for bragging rights. We started locally at the GK meet-n-Greet with hopes of growing from there. First year was tough with lots of folks committing but few showing up. We did an award plate, a smoke out, lots of free genetics and 8 people. This year was tough and truly troubled me. Use and I both had legitimate concerns in real life to deal with and two stalwart originators carried forth. Thank you T6 and Rky. I really missed seeing you both my friends. Nobody else from GK cared enough to spend the time or effort to help get things rolling or keep them going. Are you guys really going to bad mouth folks for trying an idea and working to give growers a place to meet and hang out even if it fails or doesn't go as planned? At least we're trying. You're welcome btw.

For the record. Any trash sent toward GK or MrGj is misdirected. NAGC and the meet committee operates here at GK under the kindness of Administration and Admin is in no way responsible for our action or decisions. If you want to take shots at somebody I'm your target.

As Use said, we've discussed jumping to include two more growsites to try and build some enthusiasm and expand the bragging rights of winning the NAGC. If you want on board and care to actually attend...the more the merrier. If you want to create your own thing.....have at it. All I want is a place and event where stoners can enjoy, be safe and look at some fine buds grown by people they actually know. If it's your deal that works and ours that doesn't? Cool, I'll try to be there sometime.

2. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You mean he's a knob.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Holy shit, I go to sleep,work and come home to read this junk....I love it tho, makes me know that while im tending to my girls, the mods are talkin bout lil old me, thanks guys.....im blushing

You stay classy GK!:thumbs-up:

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Oh yeah, pimping :)

5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Hey just trying to lighten the mood,

I will say she had one of the best lines I ever read.. something about "it's just an ass if there's not a dick in it" or what ever it was, fucking hilarous

CC, I wasn't talking shit, not about you anyways, wait til football season though, you might hear some smack coming from me then, actually you can pretty much count on that one:thumbs-up: you guys stole our shit a few years back.. you know how long it'll be before we see the play offs again!!!!

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I get no pleasure in banning any member from GK. If anything I try all other routs first.

When I took over GK as Administrator I wanted to be straight with the members. I'll always tell you how it is. No bullshit.

Chris, I like you brother. I really do. :thumbs-up: I don't want to ban you man just get you attention. Some times you don't know when to hold back and you start poking the bear so to speak. I know you enjoy watching them get all upset over stuff, but when you do it to aggravate someone than it's wrong and I can't allow that to happen. Your a valued member here at GK but you got to stop pushing peoples buttons. Please. You can PM me and we will talk about it if you want too.

Think about what I'm saying. :bong-2:

7. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

The laugh we got from this one was worth the cost of our internet service for the month. That is from one of our favorite movies of ALL time, and we must say, a very well placed zinger.

(for the lawyers)

We strongly discourage such blatant trolling, and on behalf of peace on the boards, we must humbly ask you to refrain from such antagonizing comments in the future.

But SHIT that was funny, A mothafuckin +1 for ya :roffl:

8. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

suggestion

at the risk of sounding like a smart ass....if the nagc is not associated with gk at all...may i suggest you get a website......seperate from gk....so there is no confusion. not from the people that have been around a while but for those who may choose to become members here...

rr there were lots of us talking back in the day about doing something like haveing a get together...the site owner came on and made a decision that gk would not be involved at all;.....and that was the end of the gk get together...and the nagc was born...

good luck on the next get together....hope the attendance improves....really

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

In my short time at GK I've witnessed and tried to participate in one other gathering attempt that failed miserably. As for using GK as our "meeting room", currently all committee members are also GK members so convenience is a factor as is my personal ability to monitor and guide discussion in an already created secure environment as a member of admin. That may or may not change in the future if we outgrow the digs here or Admin (capital "A" denotes MrGJ or Webby) decides that we are a burden. I believe you when you state that webby nixed the idea in the past as your history here far eclipses my own but the past two years of effort and communication using the GK bulletin service has been fully above board, cleared via current Admin and all communications open to review by webby. I can't speak to the history of other attempts but as of yet we apparently haven't caused concern enough for him to warrant withdrawing his generosity.

In truth, I hope that one day we will need our own site but honestly don't see it on the horizon any time soon. GK is my home (so to speak) and I consider it a privilege to have an opportunity to possibly have something originating here grow to a respected small cultivators cup event no matter how unlikely. If OpenGrow or 420Gentics (and in later years other websites) join in for the competition and win, in my mind it will always be GK's hospitality and a few dedicated members that helped originate and give service to the event and that can never be lost. Personally I hope to never lose that association.

We needed a jumping off point and were graciously given one here. If we fail because of disinterest or mismanagement at least we tried. Several times if we can get something geared up in 2012. I'm sorry if you think it creates some level of confusion but at this point I believe NAGC has no following of it's own so confusion is most likely not a factor. If it becomes something that is actually recognized (most unlikely but a remote possibility) then Admin, webby and myself will have a decision or two to make. Until then methinks you're finding problems where there are none.

10. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Glad you liked it. I got my mind right.

11. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

So is there something in the works for GK meet n greet 2012?

duc

12. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

only if your going

t6

13. CCrete

Same WEST coast thing again?

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

If this flys again cc it will be voted on. I doubt it will be in colorado again. It will be either cali or somewhere back east.

t6

15. ducrider

Yeah gotchya, I just read this entire thread, talk about drama. lol..

If it's on the West Cost I doubt I'll go because that would mean flying. With airport security what it is these days bring bud on the plane just does fly with me. :roffl: Now if the location is within an 18 hrs of the Mid Atlantic region, I'm in. Pretty much any place I could drive to or ride to would be awsome.

If you are looking for a possible venue I may be able to help.

cheers

duc

16. ducrider

CO would work for me. I've got a step Daughter that lives in CO Springs & a motorcycle ride though the Rockies is never a bad idea. It will just take me 3 days to ride out.

I'd be grateful for anything and If it's to fucking far away I promise not to bitch about it.

17. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

If your not going to participate in the drama, screw you. Drama is the name of the game!!

18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

east!! but in all reality, how do you know if someone here is a narc or not? It's one thing to bullshit with each other, it's another to know car plates, name, city etc.

Where's that wooden spoon :roffl:

19. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

We hit you with truth serum before you enter the premises:roffl::roffl::roffl:

t6

20. CCrete

new rule then.............only folks that grow and can prove it can come.......??? hmmmm huh whaaaa???? Good rule huh?! WINNING!