Glad to be part of the forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ginrummy, Oct 26, 2013.

1. ginrummy

ginrummy Germinating

Hi, I am the Jack of Spades. The Ace of Spades and I have decided to attempt to grow our own tree, because we feel as though we spend too much money on it.

The first rule of Fight Club is, you don't talk about Fight Club, but I feel like the board goes through great lengths to make sure the poster's integrity is somewhat guarded.

How candid can I be, I was hoping for assistance starting from scratch, the space. Where would be the best place to start, the grow log thread?

Thanks for your time and help. I have the space dimensions if that would be a good place to give me a general idea of what I can expect.

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Welcome to GK.

Start with the FAQ's section. it will help you decide what type of lighting

you want, etc.

Plenty of good folks here to help you along.

BBT

3. ginrummy

ginrummy Germinating

Thanks for the tip.

Since i'm new I don't want to incriminate myself just yet by making too many threads or anything like that, so I'll include my basic questions here.

Basically, the Ace and I believe we've found a good space that will be hidden from prying eyes. There is a wall that separates the space and the backyard, we plan on drilling a large enough hole through the wall, we're going to hire a crew to do it, so we can get proper ventilation in the room.

I imagine this is asked frequently before any grow, and I understand it is hard to really make an estimation, but from your experience, are these dimensions large enough to generate at least a pound? Assuming all other variables are met to the highest expectations such as soil dankity, nutrients, water, light, ventilation, humidity, etc.

Dimensions:

-8.08 ft high

-6.16 ft wide

-2.66 ft deep

Basically the Ace is supplying the funding/equipment and my responsibility is to ensure that we get at least a pound of some colorful, pungent smelling tree

4. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

:-welcome-:

5. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Dimensions:

-8.08 ft high

-6.16 ft wide

-2.66 ft deep

Basically the Ace is supplying the funding/equipment and my responsibility is to ensure that we get at least a pound of some colorful, pungent smelling tree

Are you intending to grow in soil, hydro, hempy ? Do you intend a separate

veg area ? A lot of factors come in to play--light power being chief amongst them.

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Welcome aboard

7. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Welcome to GrowKind!

The space you are talking about could produce a pound pretty easy. It all depends on what system you are looking at, and how you want to have your cycles. Do you want to pop seeds and wait for bud, or do you want to take clones and veg also?

Time, money, and total space can all factor into this decision.

8. ginrummy

ginrummy Germinating

Thanks for the information so far. That's really good news. The method we've been investigating is the "Sea of green" method. My colleague only wants two plants in the space max, and every 4 months the plan is to take clones from the original mother and continue growing throughout the year. He claimed that he saw a video where a person had a sea of green going on, and they had two plants but they had a great deal of stalks going horizontally as opposed to vertically.

Also, is it unwise to get the seeds sent to the place it's going to happen? ARe the seed banks online that ship to the US safe for the most part?

9. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Welcome.

Sure, you could grow a pound, but how fast (how many grows) do you want it in?

:read2:

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Welcome:passit: BTW we have a Facebook page,Twitter Account and we do a blog on Tumblr too along other things like youtube channel with some member grow videos etc. Click the link in my signature to access any of them. Welcome to the forum,enjoy. Any questions then pm me or any of our other mods:ebert:

11. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Welcome aboard Rummy:jj:

With a proper setup and decent genetics you'll have no problem harvesting a # of bud from a 3'x6' closet. After you've read the FAQ and lurked around the site awhile you'll have a better idea which growing style best fits you and your space. Everyone has their own style, some like Hempy, some like mineral based nutes and some prefer growing in an organic soil mix, not to mention everything in between.. Like everything else in life there are pros and cons to each method and it's up to you do decide what fits you needs and budget.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy any equipment until you run it by someone here on GK first, your pocket book will thank you later.:redbong:

Duc

12. The Tron

The Tron ONE MAN GANG

Welcome to the Forum - We are glad you are here.

Back in da Day there there were some pretty basic rules that most successful growers lived by to keep them safe. they were listed 1 through 10 and were pretty easy to remember as they were all the same.

1. Never tell anybody about, nor show anybody your grow. :danger:

It appears times have changed, but We wish you "jack" and the "Ace" well.

your space sounds as if it can definitely do the job for what you want, just take your time and read the FAQ's.

13. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

:-welcome-:

We are here to help :thumbsup:

:redbong: