"Good" Genetics

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by blwd67, Jul 2, 2011.

1. blwd67

blwd67 Established Healthy Roots

Wanted to pose something here, as other places tend to frown upon these sorts of questions... In your (the elite group that is gk ;) ) opinion what constitutes "good" genetics, versus average or what have you.

In my opinion there seems to be a certain amount of... Unscrupulous breeding techniques being employed by some where the result are plants that carry very obvious defects (blueberry is a good example of this, djs apparently spread blah blah blah). Don't know how much these affect yield, etc. But still, makes you think.

There are those out there who believe a certain or certain viruses are routinely spread by breeders... actually they are getting banned... So I pose these questions to you, oh unaffiliated and bias only towards good weed and etc haha

So now I'd like to know, in the interest of say, weed elitism or simply not wanting to support possible bad breeding tactics (grape vines are sold certifiably virus free, wish it were the same for cannabis), in your opinion, what are the 'top' breeders, the ones developing their own from grassroots landraces old school shit, you know? My first inclination is to name Sensi and MNS. I know there are others, maybe better? I'd really appreciate input, opinions, been thinking on this for a while.

Specific strains, if your interested in naming your favs... Indica (predictable growth, short flower time) SoG worthy producers for 12/12 from rooted clone type deal. Also, favorite head stash sativa flying high I'm all ears :)

2. blwd67

blwd67 Established Healthy Roots

Whoops!!

Meant for this to go in strains and crosses :mashed:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Look for reputable breeder's strains that appear on the growsites as having been grown by members with logged photo documented gardens.

Buy from a reputable shop.

Do not buy other pollen chucker's versions of famous strains. They may be very good but are not the original.

That's my 0.02

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I would use small company's like Sannies seeds, they are committed to quality Genetics and develop their own strains. Another company I have used is Fusion seeds which is sold under Sannies web site. The owners are members here on GK and know their shit. Here is a link to Sannies.

http://www.sanniesshop.com/