Good soil? Miracle grow Organic soil?

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Scorpio, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

Me? Yeah......hmmm...almost ready to chop 3 Dutch Passion White Widow 9 weeks flowering, 2nd flush, and have some Blueberry clones in veg.

2. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

i spent £5.00 on 50 litres of vermiculite

and I make my own compost, and then add a low peat soil mix at 75 litre bags are 3 for 10.00 pound sterling, then just add ec. But do not forget to steralise your soil after a full years grow. Im in 9 weeks on K2 and got 9 nirvana Big Bud in 3 week 24 hour flo growth, i broke one putting it in the pot. it never fails, 100 plants or 10 plants always gonna be an accident.

but buying soil, is a must if you live in a non composting location, hard to have a full 100 litre compost in a 1 bedroom aprtment in arlington, texas.

3. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

I also make the ec

I am going to use bio bizzzz on the bigbud plants, instead of my organic juice and teas.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

BIO-BIZZ has served me very well over time...

I use bio-bizz organic soil and add some vermiculite and perlite,then i use bio bizz bio grow for vegging and bio bizz bud bloom and topmax for later stages,all great organics that have served me well over time,the only nutes i buy period.Peace:potleaf:

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

Well the plants are yellowing and turning brown prob from the nute burn from using garden soil instead of potting soil, duh! I'm going to go with Scotts potting soil the plain kind with no nutes, I'll add some perlite and if I can get some dolomite lime, they are in need of a transplant.

As for nutes, I do have some organic blood and bone meal, but why use that when I have some Fox Farm nutes ( Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Grow Big). I heard Scotts potting soil is great and other have had great success with it. So I wouldn't mind getting a bag.

Some people suggested using a product from Home depot called Pro-mix BX and how its really good for the soil, and improves overall plant health....let me find the article....

Premier® Pro-Mix® BX

with Mycorise Pro

Professional

General Purpose

Growing Medium

PRO-MIX 'BX' MYCORISE® PRO is a "general purpose" peat-based growing medium with vermiculite and perlite, used for the cultivation of a wide variety of plant species. MYCORISE® PRO ensures stronger, healthier plants due to more developed root systems and better fertilizer uptake.

Pro-Mix BX with Biofungicide is composed of Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (75-85 % / vol.); Dolomitic & Calcitic Limestone (pH adjuster); Endomycorrhize (Mycorise Pro); Macronutrients; Perlite (horticural grade); Micronutrients; Vermiculite; and a Wetting Agent.

6. oldman420

oldman420 pot pioneer

mg is a good first grow soil it will teach a newb all about how to make poor soil work anyone who pulls off a good grow with this stuff is a green thumb god. I have used it and it hardened up and was full of fungus gnat eggs from the chicken poo the use to make it organic. just my 2c

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Good point... but STILL...

I know the point you are making here but even still id advise against 1st time growers using miracle grow cos for your 1st grow ya wanna give yourself the best chance of a succesful harvest,etc..LOL,iv seen guys who been growing for ages and still couldnt or wouldnt be able to do their normal grow with this shit,its evil of the highest order,lol,but yeah ppl do grow with it and iv seen some really good grow pictures done with MG soil in fact...

Like i have ALWAYS said on GK,there aint no 100% right or wrong answers regarding topics like this,it is all down to PERSONAL PREFERNCE at the end of the day.

I mean if you have successfully grown weed for years using MIRACLE GROW soil and nutes then who the hell am i to question that or say its wrong cos it obviously works for a lot of ppl but iv also heard many horror stories from ppl who have grown with this stuff!

>>>Although recently on growkind im seeing a growing trend of ppl who are not only using MG soil and using it to much success but im starting to actually hear ppl ADVOCATING miracle grow soil now!

:rofl:When i 1st joined GK if you said you grew with miracle grow soil ppl would have assumed you were some kind of 'n00b' or if you reccomended it ppl would say you were giving out bad advice,lol,but now it seems that its more readily acceptable amongst a lot of you and some of you even go as far to reccomend it!(im sorry i couldnt go that far,lol,but each to their own like i say and if it works for you then all the better...)

BUT STILL... EVEN A NORMAL POTTING SOIL IS CHEAPER AND BETTER THAN THIS IMHO...BESIDES YOU CAN ORDER BIO-BIZZ ALL ORGANIC SOIL WITH PERLITE,WORM CASTINGS,BAT GUANO and all the rest from online(www.bio-bizz.com) for approx the same price as products like Miracle Grow moisture Control Potting Soil for instance,now why would ya wanna use MG if good old organic soil is readily available(although i know it aint readily available to a lot of ppl on here)Peace:potleaf:

PS: Oldman..iv had them fungus gnats in the past using standard soil... they are nasty little fuckers to get rid of aint they?Thankfully iv never had them since...i take precautions now:roll:

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

A good example...

Heres an example of a member(i see theres a few) who uses MG to grow succesfully,i just dont like the shit and dont see the point when i can buy bio-bizz all organic soil for the same price if not cheaper.All bio bizz soil and nutes are organic and can be bought from www.bio-bizz.com

BTW SOMBUD uses a good example of what to try and do IF you are using MG soil by adding the dolomite as this will balance your soil ph out roughly at 7.0 or thereabouts in case your ph is way of.Also he dont use nutes much during veg,this is also a good idea as the MG soil already has time releasing nutes in the mix and this is one of the reasons ppl get in a mess growing with miracle grow but hey if its all you got to grow with and if you can grow with it successfully more power to y'all:icon_salut:peace:potleaf:

9. weedwacker

weedwacker Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Hey Apprentice the link you gave is for waste water disposal. I think you meant this one. I don't see how you order it though.

http://www.biobizz.nl/

10. weedwacker

So Bud, what is your recipe. I've already got this stuff so how do I mix it?

11. weedwacker

So Bud, what is your recipe. I've already got this stuff so how do I mix it?

12. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

2 parts soil 1 part perlite 1 part vermiculite 2 tbs of dolomite lime per gal. of mix. works good for me .-Bud

13. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Ooops,heres some valid links direct to the products i use...

Thats the old link i think,they must have changed their domain name recently,cheers for pointing that out to me cos iv been posting it a lot recently,i'l need to edit a few posts,lol,heres a direct link to the bio bizz soil i use>> http://growmaster.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=214

and heres a link to the nutes i use from bio bizz>>

Bio Bizz

[​IMG] Bio-Grow Bio-Grow is a liquid organic fertiliser for all types of soil mixes [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Root Juice 100% vegetable root stimulator [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Bio-Bloom Organic liquid fertiliser for strong flowering. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Alg-A-Mic An organic vitality booster made from cold pressed concentrated seaweed [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] TopMax 100% organic bloom stimulant composed of the pure essence of special flowers [​IMG][​IMG]http://www.greenthings.co.uk/scripts/category_search.php?CATEGORY=3

14. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

I have spent some time with the Brits..

Soile is a mis�no�mer [​IMG]� (m[​IMG]s-n[​IMG][​IMG]m[​IMG]r) KEY

NOUN:

1. An error in naming a person or place.

2. Application of a wrong name.
    3. A name wrongly or unsuitably applied to a person or an object.

Compost mix of such.

IMO be it a mix or some really old strata ( soil ) it still need material that provides nutrients to plants.

In an organic realm this is done in part by living organisms.

So if we use a product like MG we still need to feed the soil IMO.

The nitrogen source in the MG organic is suspect IMO for Organic...

15. weedwacker

Damn Bud, that's more like a hydro mix than soil. I think you could put this in a Hempy bucket and just water it until flower. I put 9 clones that were busting out of their Rapid Rooters into this mix in Jiffy pots. If they take off I'll mix up a bunch of this for a small gorilla grow I've been thinking about. My indoor should give me enough to carry over until next fall. It will be too hot in my garage in another 6-8 weeks. Time to read up on outdoor some more.

16. MiGuerrila

MiGuerrila Germinated

i second the recc to freeze the stuff. i used this product on my last grow and i did run into these gnats. they didnt seem to effect my plants, but perhaps i was lucky. It was more of the annoyance factor of having dozens of these things flying about whenever i watered.

17. weedgrl

weedgrl Metalhead

I have used Miracle Gro Organic Choice for 4 years now. I haven't had any gnat problems and the soil always did my grow good. I do add perlite and vermiculite to the regular mix and add nothing to the potting mix. If you are buying this at Lowes, you can find the potting mix either inside or near the garden entrance-it isn't near the regular MG soil.

18. 420solo

420solo Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Pro Mix is Great

Ive used pro mix for about 6 years now and love it. You can get a cube for about 30 bucks. Great for soiless grow, if your using fox farms additives.

19. mohouse

mohouse Choke'n And Smoke'n

Dang Gnats

I'm currently using some MG :) . Does a nice job so far 2 weeks in:rocker: . But all the fungus gnats are driving me :new_cussing: crazy this morning :angry4: . So i put fly trap in :ebert: . If asked to do it again? I would not . Hope it helps. Just my :2c:

20. taipau

taipau Excommunicated

my complete soil recipeFirst of all, before you use any of your soil that you have created I do not care if it came from a plastic bag or a gold cup, stearlise it 140 F 45 ins in a 3inch deep pan just like you were baking a cake. cover with tin foil, and cook, not too hot and not too cool, just like i said.Now with the ingredients, I like irishpeat somethin about those trees that are different then any other peat, I use all my scraps, except meat, U can use meat if you want but I do not. some say it makes it better, I just do not use meat at all in my compost.also not sticks, peat is sticks just ground up, also I use accelrator of compost, I also all my excess fish pieces, when I catch a 40 pound cod on the beach after Im done with him, I make a nice smoothie for my compost. so innocent it is.Then I let it go 6 months before I move on to the next step, so ive got 3 stages presently fopr my compost, compost im using, compost thats getting ready, and compost thats just started out, I add phosphate of ammonia, I have added some 12-12-12 just a little of organic nature, also i use my urine, I also put in the leaves this is the main thing, leaves are the best part of the compost when they break down your soil goes from being bare to being like bling bling.then i also add some grass clippings not too many got to give it some water, in winter i like getting my temps up on it, so cover it, in summer also in the usa it gets hot, so use those plastic containers there 10 dollars at walmart it like a foot locker, but its rubbermaid, holds about 72 gallons or so.has a lid that latches, you also could drill some holes in the bottom for air, drainage etc....then just keep turning it, add it when you want, once you got one going start another that way you dont run out, and you dont have a heap of stinking shit, oh yea, I use rabbit shit and some lamb shit its free, and its everywhere around here, that bat guano is expensive but it works very well, I do not use it.the rabbit shit is hot, so put it in water for 3 weeks let is swell up and dissolve then pour it on just like you do when you water it down, if i missed anything i will edit it.ciao ppl

feet ams schipol.jpg

/monthly_2008_08/57a6c9c403730_feetamsschipol.jpg.ec05502bfc2eec56c058fa57d35e9dbf.jpg