Got seeds bad, need CSI help

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Justcheckingitout, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Oh boy. I really need to look more at my flower box when I water. Now I know what hermie female flowers look like since Res showed me a picture , I didn't see any but I don't know if they show the whole way through flower ? But I think something else might be going on here, check this out...

IMG_6082.JPG

If you guys remember me showing you all a couple seeds before, These seeds came from (a couple from) Dabney and (more from) pine plus now. (Shit loads from)...fugo buds I had no idea that the fugo had been hit or maybe was the horn toad of the bunch. Oh so back orignally when one dab and pine clone got seeds I thought it was the two skunk males I caught in the box with dicks out, had the fan going good. Now i had the fugo (most seeds of all) was in the box at the time with a couple of cherry ak clones that i just noticed last week that started to seed also. But the cherry aks were last in the box. So now I have 4 different strains with seeds and I am trying to figure out the cause. Was it the skunk which I was thinking till I heard from the breeder the pine that its a f4 that herms alitte? But the fugo has major like 20 seeds a bud. And about 2-3 z of it. So shit. Back to the crime novel, i cut everything I had in the box and the fools gold did not seed and another round of blueberry had just a couple seeds making me think the one with the most seeds is the rapists in my hen house the fugo but the fugo never hermed on last two rounds, Unless it was, could of been the skunk? Whos on first you ask?

Recap, two skunks was only males, they have been out of the box for over 6 weeks. The fugo with the most seeds was prob in two weeks before the skunks got chopped so at two weeks could they have got hit? Only thing that got me confused is could something else I am missing could be going on? Next round in that box is a huge mother fugo plant. Its getting ditched. It was from fem seed from a rep seed bank, only pine and Dab were not from seed and the dab I am pretty sure is not the issue, even it it got stressed in Reveg would all the clones herm? But I got a bunch off seeds I separated from each strain also, might make good christmass presents for people who like to test stuff. Lol.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Moral of the story...don't fuck with fem seeds. Seriously.

3. Justcheckingitout

Amen to that.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's not the Dab. I've never...NEVER...seen a ball on Dabney. And we're all running the same cut so.........
    Yup, time to step off the fem seed train my brother. Lots of hacks out there shortcutting fem seed processes and using questionable genetics. If they won't make regular seeds available for their gear, I don't need-em and neither do you. It means they're simply selfing somebody else's genetics, or, so greedy they can't bear the thought of somebody making seeds from their stock. Either way fuck-em. Lot's of other great gear out there without buying into the fem only craze.

You just lost 70% of the value of your crop because of hack breeding. Wanna ride that train again?

5. Justcheckingitout

yeah Res its a kick in the nuts with seedy good weed. Between 1/2 the price and 25% for seed mass its 75% loss, I almost bought a screen to roll em out and try to get a few extra bucks but since most the seeds are white ones in sticky goodness they dont pop out easy, you got to almost tear up everything.

I am happy I got the C99 seeds from mosca are reg seeds and those treetown F1's seeds were reg also.

Did I already ask if female seed clones are at risk of herming any generation even if the mom was fine???

6. ResinRubber

I'd figure if you go a run or two without problems it'd be fine. Once you isolate a non-herm mother it's generally going to be as stable as any other. As will any clones.

7. Justcheckingitout

The ak's are f1 reg seeds. So thats somewhat a relief.

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I've had good luck running fem seeds. I always get a well known seed maker though, such as DNA, Barney's Farm, DinaFem and a couple others I can't think of right now.

9. ResinRubber

Who's making them makes all the difference in the world. I had a bad run of herm DinaFem a few years back. Pretty sure it was them. Made me swear off fem seeds altogether after that.

10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I have actually had more hermies with regular seeds than with fem seeds and I've run a lot more fems than regular. Go figure.

11. ResinRubber

As with anything to do with sex......ymmv