Great White Mycorrhizae

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by rasganjah, Nov 25, 2010.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Has anyone used Great White Mycorrhizae? It also contains beneficial bacteria and trichoderma. I was told it was the most popular and in the hydro store guy's opinion the best of the mycorrhizae products on the market. So I bought some and I'm gonna give it a try in my hempy girls and see if I notice better root development and therefore healthier plants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

I've used the spores. They came in a plain clear plastic bag. Looks like they added some stuff and brightened up the package.

I haven't seen any difference, but I didn't do a scientific comparison or anything.

I'm sure it can't hurt. :alienwink: :affro:

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Ras im using Great white and if you remember my ladies only lasted 5-6 days in solo cups before the roots filled the cup. so in my very limited experience i think it works...heres what it did for my roots in only 8 days...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice fuzzy roots me thinks it works

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks bb214, I remember you said you used some sort of mycorrhizae inoculant, I couldn't remember which one. Good to know that you are using it and at the very least it can't hurt anything. Your plants do have nice roots for how young they are though, so it must be doing it's thing.

The dude at the hydro store said he uses it and after chopping down a plant to the dirt from the main stalk, he went back 3 weeks later to pull the rootball and dispose of the soil and the rootball was still healthy and white with no signs of rot or decay.

5. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

i fixed sick hydro

My new aeroponics buckets. after a week of good growth they wilted well half off them and I remembered that I forgot to inoculate the root zone. I rinsed the system added great white and new nutes (floranova, Floralicious plus, and Florablend) the generals kiss formula and they are healthy the pythium is gone no smell. And no h2o2. I use h2o2. To sterilize the system and my storage RO water. After the system runs for a day the h2o2 disapates and you need protection .

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Good to know, thanks mt.king, I plan to use it in my hydro setup once I get it setup and I definitely want to avoid any pythium. Between good oxygenation since I'm going to be doing flood and drain tables combined with the mycorrhizae inoculant I should hopefully see some crazy root development! I'm excited to get started using my New General Organics full line of nutes along with the Great White and see how my plants do.

7. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

hey ras

have you used it, yet?

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Yeah, i have been using it on my lemonberry plants and it seems to be good stuff. I have great root development. I have also been using it on my Hempy plants.

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Interesting info. Where do you get your RTi from? And which variety exactly do you prefer?

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I get it at a local nursery but you can find RTI products online pretty easily. Google "RTI Mykos Mycorrihizal Inoculant". Bout $25 for 2 lbs.

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I notice that the RTI in the study is a particular variety called pumpkin pro. They also have mycos and mycos WP as well as another type called azos. For my uses I would have to buy the mycos WP which stands for wettable powder and is compatible with hydroponic reservoirs and okay for soil as well. That particular variety is a bit more expensive at $55 per 2 lb. I'm interested in the Azos since it's supposed to convert atmospheric Nitrogen into Nitrogen that the plant can absorb. They claim that the Azos can provide between 50%-70% of a plants Nitrogen needs from the air.

I am finding that with the use of the Great White my plants seem to absorb water quickly and use less nutrients. It seems the Mycorrhizae do aid in uptake of nutrients making the plants more efficient at nutrient absorption therefore decreasing the amount of nutrients I need to use in my nutrient mixes.

13. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I use it. Here is a test I did on my veggy garden last winter. The samples are winter rye grass that I use in the winter as a cover crop. The grass plug on the left was planted with it, the one on the right was not. The one on the left for sure has more roots and finer roots.

[​IMG]

rasganjah likes this.
  14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks for the pics MG! :good job: That is a good example showing side by side comparison of root development. Thanks for the contribution. :passsit:

15. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

cant say that I have used "Great White"

But I would assume compost tea has similar effects.

I did a test using the tea on 30 platinum kush plants, the ones that got the tea did hands down twice as good.

16. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

ZHO from Botanicare works fantastic as well!

17. koolace

koolace Germinating

Anyone ever use ricks monster grow?

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Never heard of it. I assume it's a mycorrhizal inoculant?