Green Crack, Kosher Tang pruning experiment

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by greenthumbwhitethumb, Mar 22, 2017.

1. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

I'm pretty curious about the whole pruning thing Mr GJ has been doing, so I thought I'd play around with it.

I topped all four about 4 weeks ago, so I'd get a more even canopy. (Last go around was my first with these strains, and I didn't know how they grew, and the KT was suuuuper tall and leggy. Ended up tying some ridiculous looking bullshit in there, and ended up with airy, sideways buds. Live and learn....)

I flipped 12/12 about a week and a half ago, one Kosher Tangerine, and three Green Crack. I stripped the bottoms bare on the KT, and one GC. The other two GC I just did some undergrowth cleanup. I'll try to remember to post progress comparison pics. I'm so bad about that!

On a side note, others on here have mentioned being nervous about chopping that much off a plant. I found it quite fun, to the point where I had to stop myself! I kept seeing all the little sucker pieces and just WHACK. Maybe I'm a little maniacal. Whatever.

Here you go:

This be the little ol' garden:

[​IMG]

This is the Kosher Tang pre prune.... This is the one I had so much problem with leggy growth last time. I've been pinching the fuck out of her.

[​IMG]

This is post prune.... I feel like I could have pruned a little more...

[​IMG]

Two Cracks, side by side, for comparison.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I can agree with you on the stretch of the Kosher Tangie (24K). It's quite nuts! Great score on the Green Crack, too! I love that strain!

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Yeah you could have taken all those big fan leaves but the first couple of times you try it always seems like you take too much...then you look at MrG's and he strips them almost bare.lol

4. greenthumbwhitethumb

I'm super excited to get my GC cured up from the previous grow. I've only smoked it once, so I don't really remember much about it. I have a super high stress job, and my anxiety is through the roof at times. I am also NOT a functioning stoner! From what I've read, GC might be a viable option for me in that manner.

5. greenthumbwhitethumb

I'm in soil, and he runs on a table. I'm wondering what the difference would be re: how a plant would react to the prune. Is there anyone here who's done the harcore pruning that also runs soil?