Green light issues ?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Serenity420, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

Any ever experience issues with green light delaying flowering process?

I have a 4 ft t5 grren bulb for working in my room during dark period, been using them for almost 4 years withoit an issue until recently.

I purchased a new bulb before this current cycle and by week 4 i was freaking out becuase my plants did not appear to bud as expected, by week 5-6 they had visual pop - corns like that that of whats typical for week 3, so i started noticing that all the tops that were closest to the green bulb were the more underdeveloped bud and buds furth away or hidden from it were alot further along. So i killed the light and in a week noticed way more developement on sites that were underdeveloped .

Just curiuos if yall ever experienved anything similair with these darn things..

Arggg:water pipe smoker:

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Where you leaving the greenlight on all the time?

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Pure Green Spectrum light shouldn't affect the photoperiod. Red is the color that triggers flowering.

Green will affect growth of the plant, though. This is probably why you are seeing a difference where it is closer to the light.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

if it's a new bulb, it may not be the correct spectrum. sometimes you may see a bulb say green light, but it's just cheap colored glass and not something you want in the garden

i would worry about hermies so keep an eye out.

what you are describing is light leak from them not sleeping

5. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

Yeah it was on all tge time out of lazyness lol, i also left it om previuosly for 3 yrs or more (different bulbs alomg the way) and never had a issue , was just this current bulb and yeah it was exactly like i had a light leak. But it was the greenlight it self.

Nippie, i kind thought the same. But i purchased it from the same grow shop i always goto, unless they changed brands or somin...idk i wanna bring it up with them but i dony wanna come across like im blaming them and have them get on the defensive with me lol , but i been going to the shop for 15 yrs lol

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I have 3 small green bulbs in shop light bases that i turn on when I am in the room during dark periods. I have not noticed any problems over many years of use.

7. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I've used green lights for years and never had a problem. I just use the small 25 watt standard green party light. I stay away from the flos for that.
    Be Cool, CG