Greeting to all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mad Scientist, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Veggy Stage

Okay, I've been poking around here for a little while now, and figured I'd take Canagirl up on her challenge to actually post something.

This is my first grow in about 5 years. I used to frequent Overgrow, and came upon this site while trying to figure out what happened to them.

So here are the details.

I started germinating August 10, using one of those jiffy-disc pete moss mini greenhouse things. Around the 17th I washed the pete moss off the roots and started putting togher my makeshift hydro system. After a little reading and here's what I came up with.

2-liter bottles with the top cut off and holes in the bottom,
    filled with pearlite and vermiculite
    sitting in quart-sized square ziploc storage containers.

It's really just 9 little hempy buckets.
    I hand water 1/2 stregnth Maxibloom every day. Filling the Ziploc container by watering through the top of the 2-liter.
    Every once in a while I'll add some epsom salt, hygrozyme, or H2O2 to the mix. I rinse the residue out of the ziplocs about twice a week.

On the side is a single DWC bucket. They are not connected.

400w HPS overhead.
    Car windshield reflectors on the walls.

I switched light to 12/12 on 8/26. I don't really care about yield right now, I'd just like to find a good mother that I can take some clones from. The only problem so far is the smell. It's starting to make my eyes burn when I walk in my house. I'm working on getting an ozone generator.

Just thought I'd share.
    MS 090507_1615.jpg

090507_1615a.jpg

090507_1616.jpg

090507_1616a.jpg

090507_1617.jpg

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Nice to have ya aboard M.S. :wave:

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Hey,seen you lurking b4,good to see you posting...

:hello: M.S,good to see you posting,nice pics and info on your set up,etc.Glad to have you on board.Hope to see you hitting the:bong: with the rest of us stoners in the smokers lounge,etc.

Sooo you completed and survived the cannagirl challenge then?:roll:WELCOME AND ENJOY,Cheers:smokin:

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Welcome welcome! Were glad to have ya :) Very nice plants by the way! Hey, that avatar looks familiar, I had him smokin a crack pipe once...but then again, I change avatars like every week so there is a good chance someone will have something similar to mine....

Although just as talented as Beaker, for some reason Beaker's stepbrother was never cast for the muppets show.......

[​IMG]

I'm glad people are joining :punk: The more the merrier!

5. old fart

old fart Germinated

hey mad,, glad to see you old friend:)

6. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Welcome

:potleaf::potleaf::potleaf::potleaf:Welcome to GrowKind, Mad Scientist! :potleaf::potleaf: :potleaf::wave::potleaf::potleaf::potleaf:

7. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

:punk:Welcome aboard Mad Scientist!:punk:

8. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

welcome to GK, mad scientist! we're glad you outted yourself! :D

i just recently bought the blue ball co2 generator from BGHydro for something like $134. i'm very happy with it. you may want to check it out. :punk:

9. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

Great Picz...great to meet ya...

:iamwithstupid: