Grey Fuzzy Mold

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, May 30, 2015.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Ok, so DWC set up with net pots, new clay pellets, Mold on top of the clay pellets, never had this problem with my old clay ones that were the orange round ones, these are the red lava rock looking clay ones, I just got when I changed out for new ones. is this type of clay part of the problem? This mold started in veg around the top of the rockwool and spred around the top of the pellets. I am using same nutes (G3) with the 2 ml of h2o2 per gallon as usual also.

The rockwool is not sitting in the bottom of the net pots, so its not getting soaked, the plants look ok. I dont use the panda on top of the pots/under the plants. I would think the light would kill the mold. Humity is lower than 50%.

Not sure if I should of posted this under plant problems?

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Well that sux, i have the newer clay pellets also, i haven't had that problem though.

3. Justcheckingitout

Well dam, I guess I am only one with fuzzy grey mold. :icon_confused:

maybe I will spray a light bleach water on the top of the pellets.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

you got a pic? ive seen green shit on rw before.

but i would hit with h2o2 for a few weeks every third day

5. Justcheckingitout

I will get a pic on here tomorrow. I figured alittle was not so bad when I first seen it but it def has spread.

6. Justcheckingitout

I cant get pics off of phone, i did give them a shot of h2o2, it brought down the fuzz, the clay still has that grey look, i may trash the plants and toss the clay, I like the round orange clay pellets better. I am glad I didnt buy I big bag of new ones.

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

you could prob treat them, add h2o2 to your feeding and then also lightly mist the tops of pellets daily with a light solution of h2o2

8. Justcheckingitout

Today they look better after a res change and the shot of the h2o2.